We arrive at the hotel at around 3:20pm (check in time is 3:00pm) only to find out that my room was not ready. I am given the excuse, "it is spring break week and it has been really busy, we apologize for the inconvenience". I then over hear that another couple has been waiting for over 30 minutes for their room and they had to comp them a full breakfast for their wait. It is now 4:00pm and I am still waiting for my room. Finally, a little after 4:00pm they tell me the room is ready and try to comp me for a full breakfast. I go upstairs to my room 405 and the room was not ready. It looked like the hotel guests just left the room, sheets were on the floor, the covers were thrown across the bed. I am slightly irritated at this time and I go back down stairs to let the front desk know that the room is still not ready. I now have to wait longer to have the room prepared for me and my mother. We are given another room, not the room that we originally started with, but it is after 5 o'clock when we finally get into the room. Friday morning we wake up and my mother realizes that her pants are missing that she prepared the day before and placed on a hanger underneath her shirt that she was going to wear to the Military graduation. We pulled everything out of the closet, opened up bags again, bathroom and checked the beds, everywhere and nothing. I am not sure why someone would take one pair of pants, it does not make since. There were plenty of other things that you can take as well. I then call the front desk to report. She asked me was I sure that it did not go into the laundry with the sheets and covers. Seriously, it really made me feel like she was trying to say I was losing my mind. Why on earth would I being calling to say the pants were stolen. If I thought that the pants would have been mixed up with the laundry. I would have said something like this "My mom thinks that her pants may have been mixed in with the covers and sheets that were picked up with the laundry. If house-keeping comes across some pants can you please send them to room 208." So now I am extremely irritated and I am explaining my experience with "Crowne Plaza". She then proceeds to apologize and said that she will reimburse me for one night stay. I explained to her that I will take care of this when we return back to the hotel we had a graduation to get to. My mom and I pack up our stuff and take it to the car because now we do not feel safe in leaving our stuff in the room. It was very inconvenient and we should not have had to keep taking our stuff back to the car. We come back, they then try to say again that it was explained the pants may have been mixed in with the laundry and I am done explaining. She will have the housekeeping supervisor call me in the morning. I am still waiting on that call. Saturday morning I am having breakfast and I am waiting on my food. I then hear another couple speaking about their mother or mother in laws personal belongings are missing from her suitcase, it was a purse or wallet. I spoke with them about my experience and to just be careful and I hope that they are able to get the purse or wallet they were looking for at the time. They were thankful and I went to check out. I let the guest services manager know about my experience again and he stated and signed the paper letting me know that he would refund me for 2 night stay. He apologized for my time and let me know that I would receive my refund within 7 business days because I purchased through a 3rd party. It has been over 7 business days and I do not have my money back in my account as of today. I am really just getting tired of being nice about this and I will need all of my money back and then some. I did not feel like royalty at this hotel at all, nor did I feel safe or like I was being heard. I felt like I was being shut up by providing me with the comps for drinks and breakfast. To hear that there were others that were having some of the same experiences as I did. I will not be staying at this hotel again. I will make sure that no one I know does either. All I wanted was a great experience and I expected better from a hotel that is called "Crowne Plaza" I have never complained about any hotel other than best western, but that was word of mouth. This was by far the worst experience I had. I wish I was able to find another hotel. I would have left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour of this hotel! Serving as the gateway to all that San Antonio has to offer, Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport is not your typical airport hotel. Offering affordable luxury, the Crowne Plaza provides guests with all the amenities and services expected at a first class full service hotel. Removing stress from the minute you arrive, our 24 hour complimentary shuttle service to San Antonio Intl Airport-SAT will also transport you to your destination within a 3 mile radius of the hotel between the hours of 6 AM - midnight. The hotel offers a prime location in the heart of San Antonio, whether your travels bring you to San Antonio on business, pleasure or a mix of both. The hotel is accessible to all San Antonio area attractions, including the historic Alamo, Sea World and Six Flags Fiesta Texas, upscale shopping at North Star Mall and Shops at La Cantera, the Quarry Market and Golf Club, Market Square and of course, the world famous Riverwalk and Rivercenter. From the minute you enter our doors experience southern hospitality in modern elegance. Our lobby offers an intimate library with fireplace coupled with the soothing sounds of an indoor water feature making it the perfect place to surf the web on our complimentary wireless high-speed Internet or take your laptop poolside to our outdoor heated pool and enjoy the outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel San Antonio
- Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport Texas
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Airport