“OK for a one-night airport stay”

Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport
Ranked #224 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
West Hartford, Connecticut
“OK for a one-night airport stay”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My room was pretty good so I wouldn't mind staying here just for the night when I need to catch an early morning flight. Otherwise, the hotel is pretty dated and average. The executive lounge is small and basic, but it definitely served my needs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
We appreciate the time you took to share your experiences. While we are happy you were able to enjoy the convenient location of our hotel, we regret we did not meet your expectations on every level. Thank you for sharing your perspective and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is not the nicest Crowne Plaza I have stayed at and the hotel is dated, but the rooms were clean and the staff friendly. There are not many food options and the bar is small but there are a lot f places nearby. The hotel is at a good location, a little further from the airport and conveniently off Loop 410, a major highway that loops around downtown San Antonio. We got a great rate and this was an extremely good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Although we are thrilled that you were able to enjoy many aspects of your stay, we regret that we did not meet your expectations on every level. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted you found your stay to be a great value. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I just want to start by saying that you can not find better customer service than at this hotel. You start by going in to the front and the desk clerk Wendi is so kind when she greets you. She has been amazing anything I needed she made sure I had it. She went above and beyond good customer service. If everyone had a Wendi around the world would be right. Lisa the desk clerk overnight just as sweet. As long as these two girls are here I will keep coming back. Thank you ladies for making this trip away from home alot these stressful. Love this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fred j
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We can't thank you enough for your wonderful comments. It is great that our team has helped make your stay the best. I look forward to sharing your comments with them. It was a pleasure to have had you here and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.
Brunswick, Georgia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

First let me say that this was poor `in comparison to other Crown Plazas" or my expectations.of what a Crown Plaza should be.. I travel about 150 days a year and almost always stay at Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Express to be a bit frugal and get good value for my money.. I always think of Crown Plazas as the next step up. I decided to treat myself this trip since I had an early morning flight the next day and I booked at this Crown Plaza. Maybe my expectations were too high because this was worse than the HIX where I stayed the couple of nights before. It started with my room being erroneously booked as a smoking room instead of non-smoking. I don't know whose fault it was, but I could not stay in a smoking room. After about 20 minutes, the front desk finally found me a room with a queen bed and a child's bed. It was configuration which made it very difficult for me to work. I had to spend much of the evening in the Executive lounge to get some work space. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the cleanliness of the room. It was very clean but the comfort of the bed was another matter. The mattress appears to have seen its better days. The TV reception in my room was sporadic at best. However, I had no problems in the Executive Lounge so the problem was probably with the TV itself. So I decided to read some. No such luck,. The bedside lamp was broken. so I decided to call the front desk. No such luck. The bedside phone was broken. I finally rolled over and went to sleep. I reported the problems the next morning and did not even receive an "i'm sorry" I hope this was an anomaly but I will be happy to go back to my Holiday Inns.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank svargasi
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
We are disappointed to read we did not meet your expectations on every level and we thank you for bringing these points to our attention. I will have the maintenance team look into and further address the concerns you mention regarding your room. We sincerely regret that we missed the mark on providing you with complete satisfaction. It is our hope to restore your confidence in us and hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again so we may win back your trust.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just can't say enough good things about this place. From the drive up, to the welcoming hello to the nice upgrade they provided. First let me get the "not so good" out of the way. The hotel is a little "outdated" meaning, there are a few cosmetic things that they could improve on however, as a whole, the hotel and is very nice and warm. From David and Jose at the front desk to Rosie and the other nice lady (Mon-Thu) they all work so hard to help us on the 10th floor (Executive Floor). I was here for some Mili Training and for being an IHG Card Holder, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, LOVE it...thank you so much. The only way to get to me is by a room key used in the elevator. They also have their own security guard who walks the property which is very nice. All and all, this will be my next hotel if I need to stay in or around the airport. They really try and help you and provide everything for you. See pics attached... Thanks to everyone at the hotel, keep up the good work and a special thanks to Rochelle n the bar, great bartender... See you again soon..

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the freeway side, it's kinda loud but you get use to it...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
It was a pleasure to have had you here and we thank you for your feedback. We are happy you were able to enjoy your accommodations and found our team helpful throughout your visit. Thank you for sharing your pictures. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I am a long time guest of this Crowne Plaza and it is the only place I stay when visiting the San Antonio area. The Management and Staff are friendly and attentive, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the location is close to the airport and restaurants. I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GWAZ
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is always a pleasure to welcome back guests and we are happy to read that we have been your hotel of choice when visiting the San Antonio area. Your recommendations are appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport again soon.
Portland, OR
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for a week in March 2014. Convenient for the 410 and airport, and a smattering of OK restaurants/diners close by. I stayed on the 8th floor and my room was perfectly clean throughout... however, it was normally not serviced until 4-5pm each day. Room service was quick but the food was awful.. served cold and obviously reheated previously. The "full hot breakfast buffet" was just nasty. I tried breakfast at about 7am; the eggs tasted a day old and none of the other hot offerings were any better. No cereals, no pastries, no fruit, no toast.. just juice, coffee, and hot items. I know it's not the Ritz.. but come on.

Room Tip: Airport side is actually quieter
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CrownePlazaS-Antonio, General Manager at Crowne Plaza San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective. Our hotel is located near the highway and close to attractions, shopping and restaurants. We regret we did not meet your expectations on every level and thank you for bringing these points to our attention. I will review your comment with the team as we continually refresh our commitment to our guests. It is our hope to welcome you back so we may restore your trust.