“Absolutely awful!”

Ranked #228 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Absolutely awful!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

First walked into our room and it looked somewhat decent except for the torn bed spreads. Then walked into the bathroom and there was hair and mold around top of the tub. I had my wife and 4 year old daughter with me and no way was I going to let my daughter take a bath in that! I went to speak to the front desk about canceling since we had just checked in and the manager stated that they could not refund my money. I later managed to get half of my refund and the manager stated the same story about being under new management and that he was trying to get it fixed.

• Stayed July 2014
ABVI35GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest:
Our sincerely apology for you bad experience on this hotel like we where saying before we are working very hard to make changes on this location , is very important to us you review and we really appreciate yours, we want to make sure next time you are coming is going to be perfect for you, please let us work on that and you will see the difference.

Have a great day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lubbock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The best place to park a semi truck on I-35.
Pretty good property and room looks to be updated within year.
The only problem I have is with the incidental policies these hotels seem to think they can get away with!
This location had to have the harshest policies in all of North America.
For this reason I will mark this stay as a poor rating.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ABVI35GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your stay, we really appreciate that.
we are trying to get better in the hotel as you saw the hotel is better now, the policies have been change a little and is a Training process, we appreciate your comment and we are going to make in sure in your next visit we have all in the way you want.

Ones again thank you and have a great day.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

So my fiancé and I needed some time alone and just got this cheap room for one night. I went to hotels dot come and it came out to 54$ with tax. We got into the office and they just needed my I'd and the same card I used to pay on hotels dot com. They said they never had charged it because it was on a virtual card whatever thst means. They charged it and I didn't get a recipt they said it would be sent to my email. The room was decent but the floor carpet was very nasty. We had to keep our socks on the entire time. I had to bring my own DVD player but the office was no help in connecting it to the tv. At check out they just took the room card back and said they would email a recipt. When I looked at my bank account online, the hotel charged me twice. Hotels dot com charged the $54 and the hotel charged me another $42 and I don't know what for. I called immediately and of course the manager wasn't there. No one bothered to help me out. I called hotels dot com and it takes three days to call me back. I will never use hotels dot com or stay in this room.

Room Tip: Keep ALL RECEIPTS and an eye on all transactions. Lots of traffic noise in this area. Take your...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ABVI35GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest
We are terribly sorry to hear about your stay We truly apologize for the inconvenience. The Hotel has been under new management for several months now and we have been working hard on cleaning up the property. We hope that you will visit us again so that we may make it up to you.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you have a great day
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews while I'm still staying in a hotel, but I had to for this one. The staff here is exceptional. They are all extremely friendly and helpful, and have made what is your average, older but clean budget hotel stand out. The rate was very reasonable, the rooms are clean and quiet, and though there are a few issues that are normal with budget rooms, the front desk clerks and the housekeepers are outstanding. If everyone could experience their brand of customer service, they'd put the other hotels out of business.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Trish7575
ABVI35GM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
HI Trish7575!

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! My staff and I love it when our guests are happy! Hospitality is our middle name here at the Americas Best Value Inn- AT&T Center! :)
Thank you for telling our Tripadvisor friends what a great stay you had and we look forward in your next visit!
Next month is the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo! LET'S RODEO San Antonio!
Thank you again Trish757!
Book your rooms now!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

The best rate in town for Labor Day Weekend. Other hotels were charging way too much...the service was great. I didn't like that there were no DO NOT DISTURB signs. I also didn't like that the beds felt like the plastic was left on the mattresses...very uncomfortable. Other than those issues, everything else was good

• Stayed August 2013
ABVI35GM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you Miralva D for your review. I would like to apologize for not having a "Do Not disturb" sign in your room. I will make sure my staff knows where they are in the event that happens again. And I am so sorry the beds weren't as comfortable as the rest of your stay. I hope to meet you on your next visit to our great city and I hope you have a great day!
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Inviting motel with paint design, plenty of parking, allows pets, very friendly and helpful manager/desk clerk, he was beyond nice :) I would recommend this motel for anyone! The room was very clean and updated, comfy bed, no bugs like a different motel I was at! A++++

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank 169Cindy
ABVI35GM, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-AT&T Center, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
HI 169Cindy,
We are so pleased to hear such positive feedback on our hotel! Thank you for your kind words and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at our property while visiting San Antonio. The Hotel has been under new Management since March and its good to hear our staff is taken care of our guests! We hope to see you again on your next trip to our great city!
Have a great day!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Sheets were stained, bathroom smelled, dirty and moldy tub and the water smelled like sewer water... This place was disgusting.. Was looking to save a few extra bucks but will be staying else where next time my husband and I decide to take a trip to SA

• Stayed August 2012
We are terribly sorry to hear about your stay at our Hotel last year. We truly apologize for the dirty smelling bathroom. The Hotel has been under new management for several months now and we have been working hard on cleaning up the property. We hope that you will visit us again so that we may make it up to you.
Thank you for your comments and I hope you have a great day