“Good for an inexpensive, short stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof Inn San Antonio I-10 East
Ranked #302 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Good for an inexpensive, short stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband stays here when he comes to work the nearby auto auction. When we come together, I use it to sleep in the morning he works the auction. It is a no frills stay, but the staff is helpful and have become familiar with us over the years. The hotel is old, but clean. There is a continental breakfast served in the mornings. They have gotten new beds, which I thought were hard as a board, but my back must have liked it because it feels great this AM! Don't expect The Ritz!

Room Tip: Right on E10 freeway in southeast San Antonio. If you aren't picky and like an inexpensive place...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Sandra P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I needed a place just to rest while dropping my son at a summer camp and booked the room because of the 85% favorable rating on Hotwire -- what a mistake! The room was horrible! The refrigerator had obvious rust and buildup on the front of the door and two of the three drawers in chest of drawers were missing the pulls. The sink was old, chipped, dingy, and needed to be replaced along with having the mildewed caulk around the edges replaced. The bathroom was even worse. When I turned on the light, I encounter an extremely large ant (could have been the queen) that I had to mash. The tub was like the sink, very dingy, scratched, and mildewed. The toilet was not one I wanted to use; it was filthy inside. I'm not a squeamish man, and can roll with the punches but I was not going to use those facilities. The only thing that seemed decent in the room was the bed, but since everything else was nasty, I used one of my own shirts as a pillow case. Oh, the neighborhood around the area is not one that you would bring your family. It is more akin to areas around truck-stops. The breakfast consisted of waffles, some juices, and coffee; not as advertised. My wife, who didn't make the trip, later told me that I should have checked the comments on this site first. I will next time.

Room Tip: Stay away, far away!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank simply t
Pacific, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Everyone who works here is very helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to help with transportation when i needed it and everything they did was very professional.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Emilie D
Edinburg, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Booked because it was a reasonable room for a marathon weekend (3 rooms). Facility was clean but run-down, and management may or may not be able or interested in accommodating your requests. Problems included no trash can, no hand towels, hot/cold mixer in shower did not work properly (either scalding hot or cold), no remote for TV, ice machine was out of order. Continental breakfast is very basic: waffle maker, toast, cereal, coffee, juice. There is a Motel 6 at the same intersection-I recommend you check there!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Dee F
Missouri City, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

The room was cheap and the room was clean. That's about the nicest thing I can say about my stay. The bed wasn't comfortable and I didn't feel safe. It looked like the door had been kicked in and the hotel just screwed the plate back into the door jamb and tried tacking the molding that held the chain lock back into place. While the air conditioning did work well, everything else looked so worn out that I couldn't believe that a national hotel chain would franchise such a beat up old motel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed there for one night in August 2011. Made the reservation online. Got a call from the Front Desk agent to confirm that we were still coming. Hotel is right next to the Interstate so it is convenient for travelers.
Room was in good condition. Cleanliness was good. Bathroom could get some improvements done, it was good enough for us, but some people might think it was not enough.
The room has a fridge and a microwave. Tv has most important channels.
Front Desk staff was ok, not the friendliest. I did not like that my CC would be written down on the check in paper, I hope that information will be destroyed eventually.
Biggest complaint is the Wifi. We could not get a signal in our room at all. It was not a big deal since we checked in at 3 am and left the next morning, but others should be aware of this.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nola76
Allen, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2011

We booked this hotel through hotwire. We have a 10yr old son with cp that uses a wheelchair. We called the hotel to ask for an ADA accessible room and we were told they did not have one. When we asked to at least be on the first floor, we were told that we would probably be on a second floor and that they had no elevators. She did however tell me that paying more may mean that she could get something done.

We did get booked at another RRI that was more than happy to help!

My advice is don't stay here. If someone could be this cold to the needs of a child in a wheelchair I hate to think how they treat their other guest

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family