“Good Solid Average (but dated) Hotel”

Courtyard San Antonio Airport
Ranked #141 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I believe this hotel was built in 1987 so for its age it has been kept up nicely. The issues I had with the hotel were with the brand and not so much with the hotel. I was informed at check-in that Courtyard is the only Marriott brand that doesn't offer breakfast for it's Gold and Platinum members. This may not be an issue for some but may be for others. An issue with my check-in was that there was no mention of my loyalty program status so I do not know if I received an upgraded room or not. Most Marriott hotels will welcome you by name and thank you for being a member. They will also tell you if an upgraded room is available. I'm not sure what is Marriott policy, but all this hotel staff member did was say "Here's your key" and then told me where I could park. Once again, maybe not an issue for most. The pool area was nice and I tried to enjoy the hot tub but the jets were not working. I reported the problem and was told that they would have it looked at the next day. I did get a chance to use their fitness room and it was less than average. Like a lot of hotels, it was very small and only had two treadmills. The one I ran on seemed to have hot air blowing on my back even though it was 103 outside. I'm not sure why they would have the heater on so it must have been some sort of exhaust vent of something as the hotel also had laundry facilities. I would think that a laundry room would have to exhaust to the exterior of the hotel but that is exactly what it felt like was being blown into the room so it was not very cool for a fitness room. Overall, this was an OK hotel but probably not worth paying Courtyard prices when there is a brand new Spring Hill Suites down the street and Country Inn if you do not care if you have Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask fr a view of the pool otherwise you will most likely be facing a street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Hotel room was decent size. The room and bathroom appeared clean upon arrival which is always a plus! Had dinner at the Market cafe in the lobby. Food was very good! We sat a a nice booth with its own tv. They have a very nice modern feel in the lobby. Great place to print boarding passes which is convenient near the airport. Pool area is nice! Really enjoyed our short stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

When I arrived there was a not so fresh smell in the room. It smelled dirty to me. I tried to move past the smell and pulled the comforter back, there was a dirt stain on the pillow and about two other sketchy stains on the sheets, which did not appear to be crisp and clean. Well good thing I always bring my own sheets!!! Morning, I go to unpack the refrigerator that is stocked with Whole Foods Grocery and what do you know a roach is coming down the inside door of the frig! I WAS DONE!! I raced out of the room with all of my belongings never to return! Disgusting!! The staff was very polite and professional once informed about the situation and they refunded the cost of my one night stay. But I could not consciously stay anywhere with roaches in my room or frig!!! Yuck!!!!! It was definitely three strikes for me!!! The Marriott Rivercenter is a wiser choice!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank BlessedAbundantly
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed one night as we were passing through San Antonio. This is an older hotel that they have kept up but it wasn't worth the price we paid.

The rooms are ok but are not very large. There is no microwave in the room but there was a very small coffee maker and a small fridge. The bathroom and shower needed an update and there isn't a exhaust fan in the bathroom so it was really steamy after a shower and things are starting to rust.

The beds were not the normal Marriott bed. They were a thick foam pad on a box spring. It was ok but not what I expected or what I paid for.

The courtyard and pool were very nice. The pool is big and there is a hot tub. There are all kinds of tropical plants in the courtyard and it is very nice.

The breakfast was expensive and sold "a la carte" so we went out to breakfast at IHOP instead.

There was nothing really bad about this hotel but it ins't up to the normal Marriott Courtyard standard. I could have stayed at a Marriott hotel for just a few more dollars a night or at a springhill suites for the same price. The Springhill suites at leat has a free breakfast and it was newer.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ground floor opening into the courtyard and pool area. Easy access to the pool or...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Father0f6
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I have stayed at Marriott hotels several times and was kind of disappointed with this location. Breakfast was okay..nothing exciting....Room was nice and large, had an accessiable room with 2 bathrooms...very nice...however....my bath tub was not cleaned..we got back after a long day out and wanted to relax by taking a shower and hair all in the tub..disgusting..called down to the front...no answer..went down to the front..both lines lit up and other people complaing about the same thing...we cleaned our own tub...next day, thought we would see someone come clean our room..nope ....this was a business trip and i will not stay here again and would not recommend based on my bathroom

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I stayed at this property in July of 2012 to acclimate to the Texan weather and time change. I flew in a few days before a conference and enjoyed this hotel and the San Antonio area. The property is quite neat and tidy as are almost all Courtyards. On the first night they placed me in the wrong room type so I was moved on the 2nd night and really enjoyed my space from then on.

The Wi-Fi worked like a charm at all hours, and even on a sold out night! My room was in the corner so I had no issues with noise. The pool was a bit small and intimate, but all went well. The staff did a great job all the way around. I would definitely consider staying at this property the next time I visit San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Close to airport, close to inexpensive dining, McDonald's next door, pleasant front desk crew, van, etc. The room at the south end over look the pool, are quiet, but a long walk from the front desk...take your pick!!! Good location, easy access to SAT

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business