“Yoko the best choice for me”

Courtyard San Antonio Airport
Ranked #133 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, Texas
“Yoko the best choice for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been choosing this hotel for almost 3 years and would never choose another one very comfortable staff is the best and very pleased! Every time I go to San Antonio I make sure to book this hotel:)

Room Tip: If you want to be near the North Star Mall that hotel would be my choice!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Duncan, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Although the property is near the airport it gives the impression of a rough neighborhood. But, the front desk lady was professional and the guy working the Bistro on the night of 5/29 was very courteous and professional. He should be working in a 5-star restaurant! My room overlooked a cabaret, which was not too good. Luckily, there was not much action there!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FowlerBuzz
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Let me start my review by stating that I stay over 100 nights a year at different hotels and I understand that things can happen. My issue here is that when something happens and you call the front desk you expect a polite resolution. Housekeeping did not clean my room and when I got to my room at 530pm and called to notify the front desk they put me on hold for 5 mins and proceeded to tell me that housekeeping was still doing their rounds. I asked why my room had been skipped and the employee stated that he didn't know their reason or schedule but that if I wanted they could clean it. He did not apologize or offer any excuse.

As far as noise from airport, I was actually impressed at how quiet this hotel was.

I would not stay here again due to the lack of courtesy.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ANGEL_L_FONTANEZ
Michael S, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear ANGEL_L_FONTANEZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

First, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused you. I can appreciate how frustrating it may have been to experience a problem but not receive an apology.

Our goal is to provide every guest with an elite experience that will enable them to enjoy a refreshing and energizing stay. In the rare instance when we fail to meet this goal, our first priority is to apologize immediately and then resolve the issue.

I want to assure you that I will be sharing your comments with our team and reviewing the impact an apology can have when addressing a problem.

Should I be able to provide you any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Michael Salter
P: 210-828-7200
F: 210-828-9003
Milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I crack up a little at the reviews kvetching about airport noise...ummm....you're staying at the Courtyard San Antonio AIRPORT. As in, it's close to the airport. Where there are airplanes that take off and land. Regularly. That's what happens near an airport.

So expect some noise - bring earplugs if you're sensitive.

With that out of the way, this is definitely an older property that looks somewhat recently renovated. Expect the dreaded and awful connecting doors - I'm always convinced the person in the next room has figured out how to get that door open & is watching me sleep. Air-con units are older & louder.

That said, my room was clean & comfortable. There's the standard Courtyard amenities including business center, workout room and bar/restaurant (open limited hours). There are a few restaurants within walking distance - Chilis, a Thai place & McD's. I did see a huge sign for something called the "Magic Time Machine"
Restaurant on the other side of the freeway so there's that.

For me, the property is probably 3 stars but the staff is pretty great, which pushes the review up to 4. Especially the shuttle driver who was pulling a double shift & took me to the airport at 4am with a smile. Great customer care!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank lovewine
Danny P, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear LoveWine,

Thank you for the kind review! I truly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to perfect our guest experience. I have used your review to start the process of providing ear plugs for our "light sleepers" at the desk upon request. Also, we are in the process of replacing all air conditioning units in the hotel. We have replaced 54 so far and should have them 100% complete soon.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to hosting you in the future!

Daniel Pinkerton
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

All I have to say about this hotel is never stay here our reservation was messed up we didnt get double beds in our 2 rooms and we were kicked out at 5 am when we were sleeping for being loud. The staff on duty Veronica and Steve were extremely rude and I am casual visitor of Marriott Hotels thru out the USA, this location needs serious management as me and my family and friends were treated so poorly that I will see to it that the Manager of this hotel us held to the fulliest responsibility of our dissatisfaction with his staff. I want to advise everyone beware of this location.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Fuentes311
Danny P, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Fuentes311,

Thank you for your feedback. I am currently investigating this incident and I can assure you that we take these situations very seriously. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Daniel Pinkerton
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was afraid that a Courtyard would not be as nice as a regular Marriott. I think it's better! This hotel is very very nice inside. It's updated and very comfortable. I really liked the combo lobby, cafe, bar. They have Starbucks coffee. The food is limited, but ok for people on the go. I didn't swim, but the pool area is nicely landscaped. The staff were very attentive. It's near the airport, so the views out the window aren't great, but I didn't care because inside the hotel is fabulous!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank OrindaLady
Danny P, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear OrindaLady,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us feedback! Your feedback is extremely important and allows us to gauge how we are doing. I am so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience with us and I truly appreciate the kind words! I have already shared them with my staff during our morning meetings.
Again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard San Antonio Airport and I look forward to hosting you in the future!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Manager Lauren went above and beyond for our family. I've never seen such a courteous check in!
Hotel was beautiful, nicely furnished and conviently located to everything we wanted to do in San Antonio.
I'm usually a hilton person... But this Marriott experience will have me coming back

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank MarriageDoc
Danny P, General Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear MarriageDoc,

Thank you for the review! I am delighted to hear that you received exceptional service while staying with us! Lauran's spirit to serve is felt throughout the entire hotel and she is always setting a great example for her staff.

Again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to hosting you in the future!