Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbistro staffmarriott standardsquiet locationneeds updatingmini refrigeratorrooms are cleanfirst flooran older propertyfree wifinice hotelstarbucks coffeewould stay here againbed was very comfortablecommon areasking rooma great stayriver walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed there two nights recently while visiting the Medical Center. The Marriott is conveniently located to the Medical Center and it only takes a little over 5 minutes to get to the Med Center on surface streets. The hotel is very quiet and away from the freeways but they can be accessed in a few minutes. The beautiful La Cantera Mall is only minutes from the motel and there is direct bus service to the downtown from a Bus stop within easy walking distance from the hotel. The room was very clean and pleasantly large with the best mattress and bedding I've seen in a hotel.The hotel has a nice restaurant which serves breakfast and is also open in the evening. There are a variety of other restaurants in the area and access to the airport and The Quarry Mall is only about 20 minutes.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite busy and I would suggest asking for a room located away from the Entrance/Exits.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John J
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks about our hotel. We will share your survey with our staff as we use comments to improve staff service. Thank you for staying with us and choosing Courtyard Marriott.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

I stayed year for a symposium that I needed to attend for work purposes. Check in was a breeze and the front desk personell were sweet and very easy on the eyes. The property is perfectly located for the advent and walking distance to banking, resturants as well as grocery needs. The room I Stayed in was very modern designed to allow walking flow easy and unburdened by typical hotel room furniture. The bed was made from memory foam, which allow a super comfortable sleep both nights. I really like the dining and kitchen room that had two small tables that can be used together providing a bigger table. All together i would definitly recommend to friends and family!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the memory foam matresses.
2  Thank Huge D
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for the great feedback and choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and got to experience our new remodeled hotel. We strive to provide excellent guest service to each guest. We will share these comments with our staff for training purposes. Thank you staying with us and we look forward to being able to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel while conducting business at a local clinic. The property is a short, 5-8 minute taxi ride to the majority of hospitals/clinics in the area. The staff was friendly and pleasant and rooms were clean and comfortable. The Bistro offered simple but decent food options for breakfast and dinner - coffee was delicious! Nice business center in the lobby area. Would definitely recommend this hotel if traveling to the area for business.

1  Thank Shen_Valley_3

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We pride ourselves on our staff service and cleanliness. We are always looking for feedback and we will share it with our staff for training purposes. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and look forward to serving you again in the future if you are in the area. Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 April 2013

My husband was attending a seminar near the medical center and we wanted a property close by. My rewards points offered a free stay and based on the fact that this hotel had been newly remodeled, we decided to go for it. It turned out to be a gem of a hotel.

The previous reviewer is correct in that it is an older property that has been completely renovated. The layout is a bit different than the newly constructed Courtyard properties, but don't let that deter you.

The front desk staff is very friendly and check in was a breeze. I was by myself with a very large bag and even though they do not have front door bell service, a very kind maintenance technician, Paul, offered to help me with my luggage. Not only did he take it to my room, he put my HEB bag by the microwave/frig area, my small makeup bags in the bathroom, the hanging bag in the closet, and the large bag on the sofa. It was such a nice unexpected gesture!

The room was the new Courtyard style and was very clean and modern. Our courtyard view room had a quaint balcony and was very quiet. The microwave and mini frig were both functioning well and nice additions to the compact room layout. Nice Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom were used by my hubby.

I used the fitness area one morning and the treadmill was great. All the equipment (treadmills, eliptical, free weights, and bench) was new and clean.

If you are looking for a hotel in this area, please do not hesitate to book this property.

1  Thank Lermis
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks and we are glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We will for sure let our associates know about the staff service provided. As a leadership team we train our associates on a daily basis on guest service and pride ourselves on the service we give. If you travel back to San Antonio we hope we can serve you and your husband again.
Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Courtyard Marriott San Antonio Medical Center.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed here for our son's Graduation from Basic Training. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and efficient. The free internet station in lobby came in handy for directions, email and airport check in. Outdoor areas are comfortable, clean and easy to access. The only small complaint I have is they need a shelf or a hook in the bathroom! It seems silly, but if you go in to shower there is nowhere to place your clean clothes. If you are traveling with friends or children you certainly can't just walk around naked! LOL Had to pile my clothes up on the back of toilet tank, which is not something I would normally do. Other than that small complaint I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have patio doors but no patios! Higher rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks. We will share these comments with our staff. We have made a note of your comment about having some sort of area/shelf in the restroom/shower area, it is very informative to get any type of feedback so we can make improvements. We appreciate the comments and thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott Medical Center.