“Great Hotel with excellent staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center

Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center
Ranked #139 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston
“Great Hotel with excellent staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

There are just complements for this hotel and its staff, rooms are 100% clean. The location was my only complain, is not really close to anything. This hotel is the best option if you are planing to stay at the hotel almost 100% of the time.
I stayed at Courtyard San Antonio Airport/North Star Mall, this hotel has the same design than this one and is really close to everything.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms have balcony facing the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JorgeArzate
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for the great feedback and choosing to stay with us. We are constantly training and retraining our associates. We take great pride in our staff service and high cleanliness standards. We hope you enjoyed your visit to San Antonio and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was very scared I would have issues like bugs or dirty sheets. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by staff. They were very nice even when I called before to confirm my reservation. The room was spotless and the bed was haven with the perfect pillows. Im beyond picky and a can be a dick but I can't think of one bad thing to say!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank samboutwell
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank for choosing to stay with us and we are very happy that we exceeded all your expectations. We are constantly inspecting and re-inspecting on a daily basis to make sure all standards are met and exceeded. We appreciate your positive comments and enthusiasm. We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing the Courtyard Marriott San Antonio Medical Center.
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was wonderful. The room was clean and large. The Hospital is right down the street. Great choice. There was a refrigerator in the room. And, free internet that was extremely easy to connect to.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashley K
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for the great review. We are proud of the product we have and strive to make it better. We will share these comments with our associates so we can continue to improve our service and product. We hope your trip overall went well. We hope to see you again in the future.
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Wish I could have stayehere longer than my one night. This hotel is in a peaceful area, no high traffic, yet is convenient to great restaurants and easy access to I10 and Loop 410. Our room was very comfortable and clean. A great convenience is that the vanity area is apart from the enclosed shower/commode area. Marriott always accomodates my high floor request. i chose this hotel because no pets are allowed, which is a preference for me. Also had breakfast in the bistro restaurant downstairs and enjoyed it. All staff is friendly and helpful, especially Melaie at checkin. Great Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide "above and beyond" guest service to all our guests and we are happy we got to serve you. We hope that if you are back in the area you will come back to stay with us. Thank you for the great comments and we will surely be recognizing our associates for the great service provided.
Hobbs, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This motel is located at 8585 Marriott Dr San Antonio, Tx, near the medical center. It is very clean, quiet, and well decorated. It is a no smoking and a no pet facility. The lobby is large with nice, well-maintained furniture.

The staff is friendly and attentive to your needs. One couldn't ask for a more pleasant evening. Although there is breakfast available it is not free.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to serve you. We pride ourselves on providing all of our guest with great service. We will share your comments with our staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I'm a Marriott. Platinum member. I stay at a lot of Courtyards. This hotel has the worst beds of just about any of them. I've decided to start posting good or bad reviews of all marriott as I stay, starting with this one.

They spent a ton of money updating the lobby. I went to the front desk and inquired when they would be completing the facelift. I was told they had just put in new memory foam mattresses in November.

Well, I sleep on a Tempupedic at home and this is not that. I'm not expecting that. But if you take a traditional spring coil type mattress and put two inches of foam on top, someone got the short end of that deal. Namely the business traveler. I could feel something pressing up against my ribs, felt like springs or the bar on your aunts fold out sofa bed! If you have a questionable back, avoid this hotel.

I'm slowly warming up to the Market idea with courtyards. I do like an Americano coffee in the morning. Half the marriotts I stay at do jot know how many shots of espresso to put in per cup size. I've gotten to the point that I have to ask. Once again this morning, my wife brought back our watered down coffee. She doesn't know you have to specify. A small cup calls for two shots. I took the cups back, the young man graciously made new ones and agreed they should be two shots. Turns out the helper he had made the mind doesn't know?

I guess this is a pretty minor complaint compared to the bed but worth mentioning if you are a Courtyard traveler and like your coffee properly strong. It's so inconsistent across the chain, worth mentioning.

On the positive, staff was friendly, grounds clean. Only a couple of spots of mold in the shower/bath (better than most).

A better marriott choice is the Towneplace Suites by the airport. I'll be heading back there next trip. Much better beds.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Scott_FItzpatrick
Courtyard M, Manager at Courtyard San Antonio Medical Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Mr. Fitzpatrick,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. We will definitely use your comments for training purposes with our staff especially in the bistro. It is true, our beds are new but unfortunately you were misnformed. The beds are firm pillowtop mattresses.We do also have bed boards available that we can put under the mattess to give more support and most hotels will have them if one is requested.

I will pass the inconsistency of the brand onto the Courtyard Marriott Corporate team.

We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your feedback.

Have a great day!
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is my choice hotel every time I travel to San Antonio. I travel there, on average, about once a month. The staff is friendly, the rooms are cozy and always CLEAN. I have NEVER had a negative experience at this hotel. The rates are fair (usually about $100/night for a room with a King bed). I don't mind paying that amount for this kind of hotel. You could save money and stay at a cheaper hotel, but that's what you'll get -- CHEAP service. Their bistro also offers some pretty good food; breakfast plates are hearty, and I've had a road beef dip sandwich that was DELICIOUS! In all, this is the hotel I always recommend to anyone staying in SA. It's off the major highway, but a short drive from I10 and 410 (which pretty much get you ANYWHERE in SA). Also, I've always seen a police cruiser parked near the hotel parking lot, so it makes me feel pretty safe that the place is being watched. I recommend you request a room that faces the courtyard, since it will overlook the pool, and it's pretty nice scenery. The first floor rooms lead out to the pool. In all, I don't think you'll regret staying here. It's a nice hotel with plenty to offer. :)

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the courtyard. Those on the upper level overlook the pool; and the first...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the great comments and your feedback. I will pass your comments on to my staff. We apprecaite your loyalty to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.