“Worst mistake you could ever make!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extend a Suites at Lackland AFB

Extend a Suites at Lackland AFB
Ranked #294 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
“Worst mistake you could ever make!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I recently moved into town and was looking for a place to stay for a week while my new house is ready so we found this dump for 200 a week for a 2 bed room with microwave and fridge we thought it was great but not a day after we found roaches then I go into the toilet at 3am to find a mouse the size of a chihuahua!! The pool is dark green with algae and dirty rooms the management is bad they don't help they just switch u to a different room which is worse dont take ur kids my niece ended up with a rash and hoodlums all around making threats never stay here!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Cvaltie4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rio Rancho NM
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Please dont book here you'll wish you didnt !!! This was the filthiest, Nastiest place ive ever been. The pictures lie. There was mold on the walls and on the shower curtain, we had to clean the bathroom ourselves to even take a shower,and the towels were even dirty. I'm thankful for having my own towels and pillows and blankets. No iron available even through the office. No maid service and the black mold is on everything, The room wasnt even clean when we arrived. I filed a complaint with the health Department. I left sick and was having trouble breathing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank brian a W
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

All I can say is the price is right, booked on Priceline and called starting a week before arrival...would put my phone on speaker and let it ring for 20 to 30 minutes until someone picked it up. Apparently the 'staff' works for free rooms as I was told by no less than three people who could not confirm our reservation- but instead offered their life stories. But then finally the day before arrival I contacted a man who the others reported as the owner- this man acknowledged my reservation in a surprising and perhaps too fast speed and that he was indeed the owner. We pushed through and arrived a day early (so Plan B if required could be effected). The AC was out in the front office, the staff informed me that the man I had spoke to was off to India! And what reservation? I had printed this off- ah ah! This included my pet, a small dog with no extra charge! I told them I confirmed this rate with the owner the day before. I looked at the room...well for $42.00 it is what you get. I requested a room in the corner. The water for the shower has two temps, nuclear reactor hot and cold. Our sink was slow to drain. AC worked fine. Men of questionable character stand at street corner at night- but as former USMC and male we established our territory and general rule of offering a wide berth to avoid each other. We bought our own coffee pot (never even checked out the 'free coffee and Continental breakfast' I suspect it is a myth) and went to Wal-mart up Military Drive and cooked with in room microwave (after cleaning!). Did not request room service. The 'wi-fi' is very poor to offline most of the time. Power outlets poor- with all appliances on you will blow a fuse and good luck finding someone! And the electronic room keys are good for about one time- and then the staff argues about putting it next to a cell phone! There is a restaurant next door but never went in. The pool appears to have been recently dredged and the body recovered. The TV has maybe a dozen channels, the remote had corroded batteries from 1995 so therefore didn't work and honestly with a eight year old it was on Cartoon Network anytime we were in the room. Went down for son's USAF BMT graduation which is close(US90 and Military Drive)- you will be busy and out and about- need a cheap place to crash, this is it.
I remember as a kid stopping in mom and pop motels, now they are dive motels and is a interesting hobby my wife and I share. We have found gems and then crap- this is another example of why faceless cookie cutter motel chains eat across America.
And if you do not know who Earl Hickey is; well then...

Room Tip: There are plenty of other motels in area- go there.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark D
Newburg, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We made reservations on-line and was surprised when we checked in. Not at all what the pictures showed. Price was right and it was really close to Lackland but the room was horrible. Sink didn't drain properly, toilet seat was broken, shower head squirted all over the bathroom and the smoke detectors were hanging by wires from the wall. we went 3 mornings for breakfast to find out, all the had was awful coffee, no juices or anything. We should have spent $5.00 more a night and went to a well known hotel chain. I suggest you check other hotels before booking here. Donna and Kent, PA.

Room Tip: anyplace but here
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna H
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

please don't stay here!!! I came in for my son's Air Force graduation and I thought the location was all that mattered. IT'S NOT EVEN AS CLOSE TO THE BASE AS THEY ADVERTISE! I must have forgotten that I liked my room cleaned! I went to graduation at 6am and came back at 9pm and the room was as I left it. There is no happy medium with the water in the shower-it's either very hot or very cold. They say they have a breakfast area but it has been shut down by the Dept. of Health SINCE NOVEMBER! If I could rate this a zero I would! No vending machines, no snack machines, and the pool looks like u might emerge with a full body rash!!! would i recommend this hotel to an enemy?? OH HELL NO!!!! No human being deserves this!!!! JUST GO TO THE GATEWAY INN ON BASE!!! Or even the Howard Johnson down the block...BUT DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Mighty3mpr3ss
Bland, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

Do not stay at this hotel. The management will be nice and cordial over the phone, but when trying to cancel your reservation they will lie and say it is done, but then later charges will be made to your credit card.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VAtraveler43
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

The "Manager" was the rudest, foul mouthed person I have ever had to deal with. The room was terrible, the air conditioning didn't work, the internet didn't work, the television didn't work. When I tried explaining this to the manager he proceeded to curse at me, " F*** YOU , you got what you paid for" . " Your a DUMB-A** and don't know how to use the television" OMG !!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends