Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #202 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Killeen, TX
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Unless you want to stay near downtown or the Riverwalk, this Embassy Suites is an excellent choice. Located about mid-point between downtown and Six Flags/Sea World.Parks. Stayed here on 2 separate occasions and was very pleased each visit. Clean, spacious suites, quiet, complimentay full, cook to order breakfast buffet, room service, indoor pool, sit down restaurant, and small gift shop. Enjoyed the courteous staff, from the front desk to helpful and efficient housekeeping personnel. Definitely a great place to stay on business, for families or couples. Will return and also recommend to my friends.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMKeith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know of your great experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us sometime in the near future!

Keith Harward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Hotel room was clean and acceptable, quiet and pretty good value for San Antonio.
Breakfast was not same quality as many years ago. Still cook to order and self serve selections, but quality was not very good. Staff was friendly and helpful, though.
Bar staff prepared two drinks to take to pool. Young man who served us, threw a sleeve of plastic cups on counter, as he took two to prepare my husband's beer (for pool). A young woman knocked them off the counter onto the floor and picked them up a few at a time, and placed them back on counter. Young man then proceeded to take one to make my drink, and I stopped him and let them know they were on the floor, to please use another. He then made my drink in a small styrofoam cup. I suspect that those cups were going to remain on counter and be used for other patrons. Gross! Also, we paid $14.50 (without the tip)for the two drinks, pretty high for what we received. His was probably 16 oz of beer and mine about 6-8 oz of Malibu and coke.
Desk staff was friendly and courteous. Might stay here again, but would like to see breakfast area better maintained and quality of food improved.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We will use your feedback regarding the Breakfast and Managers Reception to help improve our quality and service in these to areas. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Whole family enjoyed it. We where able to spread out ( kids in one area of the suite, adults in the other) and relax. Pool is great and staff us quite helpful.

Beds were comfy. Like home.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit to our hotel!

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel many times in the 1990s but this is the first time in a long while (only because I haven't been back to this part of San Antonio lately). The hotel is pretty much as I remembered it. The staff is very friendly, and the suite was comfortable. I had read a few negative reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding old-fashioned TVs and a murky swimming pool, but I found everything to be fine. The living room and bedroom both had new widescrren HDTVs and the swimming pool and hot tub were clean. The pool had saltwater in it, which I like better than chlorine. The price was very reasonable and -- in relation to the price -- my rating is excellent and I will continue to come back. This is an older property, as Embassy Suites go, the decor and furniture are a little outdated. Had the price been higher, my rating would have dropped to average/very good. But, for the rate I paid, the overall experience (the suite, the staff, the amenities, the happy hour, the free breakfasts) was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessTraveler78
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Nice location - better price than riverwalk. Spacious rooms, great breakfast!
Only downside is slow elevators.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very nice hotel (as are all the Embassy Suites). Rooms are very nice and the staff is excellent. Hotel is convienent to most anything you could want in the San Antonio area. Will always stay here when in San Antonio.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Bianchikid
Cache, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

The room was VERY HOT. They do not use a regular a/c system, they use a chilled water system that pumps through the walls and blows lightly out of the vents. Their system could not combat the 100 degree plus temps. We stayed 3 nights and I was ready to leave on the first night. The TV's are very old school and did not have RCA plug-ins for the kids dvd player. The bathroom was so small my 5 year old twins even said something about it. The door to the bathroom is in the bedroom. Most ES hotels have two doors to the bathroom. I called the front desk several times and they attempted to please me. Also, the breakfast was not up to par for ES. They could take some lessons from the one in Tulsa and the one in San Marcos.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and I promise your room will be better.....lol
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMKeith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 19 September 2011
Thank you for your understanding regarding the challenges faced cooling your room during your recent stay at Embassy Suites San Antonio Northwest. It was an extremely hot summer we all experienced. In regards to the quality of the television sets, I am happy to let you know we recently installed 37" Samsung flat screen T.V.'s in each one of our suites' bedroom and living room areas.

We hope to see you again sometime soon!

In Hospitality,