“Good Value for The Money”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #202 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Phoenix
“Good Value for The Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed here with some visiting family over Thanksgiving. Like most Embassy Suites, the rooms were spacious, and had recently been updated. The only updating needed for anyone with kids would be the arcade.

We found it a great place for a larger group to have a couple of rooms and enjoy ourselves while not out and about. We are a group of all ages, including children, so the hotel was perfect for us. It had a pool, a bar and we could sit in the indoor courtyard while eating or having a drink and chatting.

If you need a place in this part of town, and especially if you are a larger group, this may be your plac.e

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to servicing you in the future!

Keith Harward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

We thought this hotel was close to seaworld. It was 12 miles away, but took us about an hour to get there. We had to get on 4 interstates to get there. Once we finally got there everything was great. Staff was wonderful. The rooms could use an update but were very clean. The breakfast was over at 9:00 am. Since we were on vacation, we missed that. We did eat dinner there at resturant, and it was very good. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank barbarapitts
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. For future reference, we have direction information at the front desk to assist you in particular SeaWorld which is only 7 miles from our locaton. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

Jacksboro, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We spent the weekend at this Embassy Suites with the family. It was a very workable scenario. The separate room with the fold-out couch is good for the kids and provides a little privacy. It would not be particularly comfortable for adults, as the mattress is less than wonderful. I think I may like the bathroom placement of the new Embassy Suites (outside the master bedroom) better, but this was fine. Given that you get the full breakfast downstairs and that we booked in advance and got a very reasonable rate, this is a good stay, especially for families.

The location worked well for us since we needed to be in different parts of the city. Access is reasonable enough to both downtown and other areas.

There were a couple of large church groups full of high school students staying at the hotel this weekend, but ES handled everything well. Even though the crowd made breakfast busy, it was still relatively pleasant. The scrambled eggs in the line left something to be desired, but that was made up for by the omelets in the other line.

The room was clean. Service was reasonable. The staff accommodated us as best as we could expect.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will look into the scrambled eggs issue on our buffet. Look forward to servicing you and your family on your next visit to San Antonio!

Killeen, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Unless you want to stay near downtown or the Riverwalk, this Embassy Suites is an excellent choice. Located about mid-point between downtown and Six Flags/Sea World.Parks. Stayed here on 2 separate occasions and was very pleased each visit. Clean, spacious suites, quiet, complimentay full, cook to order breakfast buffet, room service, indoor pool, sit down restaurant, and small gift shop. Enjoyed the courteous staff, from the front desk to helpful and efficient housekeeping personnel. Definitely a great place to stay on business, for families or couples. Will return and also recommend to my friends.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
GMKeith, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know of your great experience at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us sometime in the near future!

Austin, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Hotel room was clean and acceptable, quiet and pretty good value for San Antonio.
Breakfast was not same quality as many years ago. Still cook to order and self serve selections, but quality was not very good. Staff was friendly and helpful, though.
Bar staff prepared two drinks to take to pool. Young man who served us, threw a sleeve of plastic cups on counter, as he took two to prepare my husband's beer (for pool). A young woman knocked them off the counter onto the floor and picked them up a few at a time, and placed them back on counter. Young man then proceeded to take one to make my drink, and I stopped him and let them know they were on the floor, to please use another. He then made my drink in a small styrofoam cup. I suspect that those cups were going to remain on counter and be used for other patrons. Gross! Also, we paid $14.50 (without the tip)for the two drinks, pretty high for what we received. His was probably 16 oz of beer and mine about 6-8 oz of Malibu and coke.
Desk staff was friendly and courteous. Might stay here again, but would like to see breakfast area better maintained and quality of food improved.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We will use your feedback regarding the Breakfast and Managers Reception to help improve our quality and service in these to areas. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Whole family enjoyed it. We where able to spread out ( kids in one area of the suite, adults in the other) and relax. Pool is great and staff us quite helpful.

Beds were comfy. Like home.

• Stayed March 2011
We appreciate your comments and look forward to your return visit to our hotel!

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel many times in the 1990s but this is the first time in a long while (only because I haven't been back to this part of San Antonio lately). The hotel is pretty much as I remembered it. The staff is very friendly, and the suite was comfortable. I had read a few negative reviews here on Tripadvisor regarding old-fashioned TVs and a murky swimming pool, but I found everything to be fine. The living room and bedroom both had new widescrren HDTVs and the swimming pool and hot tub were clean. The pool had saltwater in it, which I like better than chlorine. The price was very reasonable and -- in relation to the price -- my rating is excellent and I will continue to come back. This is an older property, as Embassy Suites go, the decor and furniture are a little outdated. Had the price been higher, my rating would have dropped to average/very good. But, for the rate I paid, the overall experience (the suite, the staff, the amenities, the happy hour, the free breakfasts) was excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business