“ENJOYED A GREAT STAFF”

Ranked #192 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Saginaw, Michigan
“ENJOYED A GREAT STAFF”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was a case of receiving great service in a well managed and maintained hotel stay. The hotel itself isn't located anywhere special nor something special but it turnrd out to be for us. My wife booked the hotel as an internet special and after reading good reviews and having some charm and other amentities we wanted. We got what we wanted but we also found that it's staff was the most professional, friendly and helpfull staff we had seen in years. To sum it up, in every case and aspect the staff preformed far above the level normally found. We ended up needing a lot of extra service in a state that I never have gone to. They absolutely went out of there way to make sure we were accomidated while the hotel was still ran with top shelf service. The desk, the drivers, the food service and format was ran extreamly well. It was a pleasure to stay there and it was a Valentine/Anniversary treat for us. Any question, ask the staff as they have the answer.

Room Tip: The second threw 4th floors are better for elivator service.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff take care of you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Keith Harward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed a total of three weeks January - February 2012 at two different times. The food service at the free buffet as well as the restaurant is friendly, the food is fairly high quality, the rooms are spacious and well appointed. The southwestern decor is beautiful too. Hilton Honors points are always a plus.

The one downside was the bed in one room - ours was saggy, needed to be replaced. The last night of our stay something in the ceiling was rattling like crazy, enough to wake us up. But for the price, I think this is a good choice for any kind of traveler.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SarainVA
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your three week stay with us. The couple of items you mentioned have been investigated to ensure they are resolved for future guests. We look forward to you staying with us on your next business trip to San Antonio.

Texas
Reviewed 4 February 2012

As a HH member, I they to stay at ES whenever I'm on business. This one isn't anything to write home about. Location is NW/NC San Antonio. This has to be one of the oldest ES facilities I've been to (and I've stayed in tons of em). Rooms were very clean, housekeeping was adequate, and front desk staff excellent. In fact, I'm sure it's the level of customer service from all staff that keeps this place in business. Two biggest disappointments were the Manager's reception (especially the food - chips/salsa each night) and the overall food quality. Ordered room service twice and both times the orders were at the room within 15 minutes. However, each tasted like food left under a heat lamp = not fresh. This surprised me as ES room service/food quality is one of the best kept secrets I've found when traveling. Fitness Center is small but well appointed. Elevators are considerably slow (may have something to do with age of the facility). I'd only stay at this location again if I absolutely had to. The Riverwalk location is far superior.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank bogeyboi
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We will utilize your feedback as a way to improve in our Manager's Reception regarding the snacks and Room Service quality. Your comments regarding the elevator will be monitored to ensure proper maintenance is being done on this equipment. We hope you will give us another opportunity to service you in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We have stayed at this property a total of 3 times over the years, the first of which was in 1984, the second in 1992 and then our most recent stay. On previous trips, the hotel was satsifactory, but it has just become too run down now. The room was in poor condition. The air conditioner never did cool the room, regardless of the setting and the vents rattled and were not properly secured to the ceiling. The room just feels dated and run down. The hotel does provide complimentary drinks in the evening, which is wonderful and the complimentary breakfast is also wonderful. The service is good and they are doing some great value-added things, but this property is overdue for a facelift in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We have made several improvements in our suites and still need to work on some items in particular to your comments regarding AC and vents rattling. We are currently working on a renovation list for future consideration and look forward to your return visit with us.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel more times than I can count. The front desk actually knew me after a few stays, which was a nice touch. The breakfast here doesn't have as good of a selection as the SAT airport embassy, but the food quality is better. I can also say the restaurant food is legit (and not too pricey) as well.

The hotel is definitely dated, but doesn't feel ancient. However, I feel like it is sometimes over priced, depending on what day you book.

Be warned: the "living" area has white curtains, so with the lights on its pretty easy to see inside. I always close the thicker blinds because I feel like people can see me constantly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
It's nice to hear our front desk recognizes you on your repeat visits to our hotel. We appreciate you feedback regarding the breakfast selections and hotel being dated and will utilize this information for possible changes. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I stayed here with my husband and 9 yr old son for the Texas state marching band competition in November 2011. Rooms are spacious and we loved having two TVs, although more children's channels could be added to the line up. Breakfast service was great and the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful. My son loved the indoor pool and hot tub, but they looked like they needed cleaning. Good location. Grocery store, CVS, gas, and banks close by. We would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your family visit with us and look forward to serving you in the future!

Phoenix
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed here with some visiting family over Thanksgiving. Like most Embassy Suites, the rooms were spacious, and had recently been updated. The only updating needed for anyone with kids would be the arcade.

We found it a great place for a larger group to have a couple of rooms and enjoy ourselves while not out and about. We are a group of all ages, including children, so the hotel was perfect for us. It had a pool, a bar and we could sit in the indoor courtyard while eating or having a drink and chatting.

If you need a place in this part of town, and especially if you are a larger group, this may be your plac.e

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to servicing you in the future!