“Great place in San Antonio”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #202 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Midland, United States
“Great place in San Antonio”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Very clean, safe and quiet place to stay especially for kids. Very convenient to Sea World and the Zoo. Dave and Busters is five minutes away. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The pool was clean and they provide towels at the pool and the workout room as well. Breakfast had a good variety of items as well as made to order items as well that all is included in the room rate. one of the best I have had.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Brian L
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your returned visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Comanche, Oklahoma

April. I called your hotel and booked 6 rooms and received email
conformations for all 6. I had to cancel 5 rooms due to lodging becoming
available on Lackland AFB. When I called to cancel the front desk explained
to me there were only 2 rooms reserved? Fortunately our team did not require
these rooms or we would have been out of luck when we arrived. When I
canceled I specifically explained that I will only require 1 room with king
size bed. However upon my arrival I was placed in a room with two twin beds.
When I questioned why I did not receive the king that I requested I was told
there was not any more available? I had no choice but to accept the room
with 2 small beds. I am 6 ft 7 inches tall and it was like trying to sleep
in a kids bed. Upon entering my room, the room smelled and had stains on the
chair next to the sofa bed. The bathroom tub leaked water all night long and
the door which separates the bedroom from other room could not be secured.

I recommended your hotel to my friends who attended the tournament. Their
room was even worse. Their AC did not work properly and my friends wife woke
up in the middle of the night with a cockroach crawling on her face. This in
my opinion is totally unacceptable for hotel accommodations. My room number
was 727.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
We appreciate you staying with us and will take immediate action on your comments made. We will review our procedures with our Guest Service team to ensure room types are adhered to as well. We hope we get the opportunity to service you in the future.
San Antonio
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Small pool, seriously overcrowded. Staff did not adhere to occupancy rules. They also let a couple women bring in a styrofoam cooler of beer into the hot tub with kids around as if we were at the lake or something. Really tacky and low class. Breakfast eggs were worse than normal. Unsightly surroundings and difficult to get to. The rooms were average, we slept good and it was quiet...could stand some updating.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We appreciate your review of your stay. We are always looking to improve the guest experience and reviews like yours help us to do that. We are reveiwing our policy with our Guest Service team to ensure that our pool rules are upheld. The next time you're in the area we hope that we can see you again.
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We traveled with our children and grandchildren and the other grandmother. The suites were perfect, the indoor pool refreshing, the large open area wonderful, the dinner was delicious and a good value, the manager's reception was outstanding, and breakfast was great--there was something for even the pickiest of eaters! We will definitely return. We visited SeaWorld and this hotel was less than 15 minutes away. Our bed was great. Our adult children's bed not quite as good. They furnished a pack & play for the baby to sleep in. Staff were excellent!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We are glad your family stay with us was enjoyable! Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I recently stayed at this location got 7 nights and had good and bad experiences.Great service in the morning in the breakfast area Mr.Rojas was very attentive and was excellent everyday in the morning.the front desk was terrible especially in the evening I was in the Lobby and asked the front desk representative a question and when responding to me she was very rude and rude to others as well.the rooms were nice and big however the bathroom was very small and housekeeping was not very good at cleaning our room.We were while there was a church convention in the banquet room and all the kids from the convention were riding the elevators up and down and they where not even guest and made our wait longer.Overall improvement needs to be in housekeeping and in the front desk.

• Stayed March 2013
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
First of all, thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your feedback regarding the front desk, cleaning of your suite, and elevator situation. We will definitely utiilize your feeback to make improvements. I'm glad to hear your experience for Breakfast was good and Mr. Rojas took care of you. We look forward to your return visit to our hotel.
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

I like Embassy Suites because of the afternoon snacks and reception they put out for free for the guests. They always have a great spread for breakfast with a omelet bar, cereal, toast, waffles...etc. Very good stuff. Again this time the food was good. The pool was very crowded in the evenings but there was an entire floor of cheerleaders so that probably couldn't be helped. My biggest complaints were the rooms. Very old carpet that didn't feel lovely. It felt a little moist always. We were here for 4 days for a funeral and after 2 we switched rooms because our a/c continually froze over. The balcony on our rooms felt scary flimsy even though I'm sure they have to be inspected and were probably safe. They also were rusty and that is vain but it could be fixed easily. The lady behind the desk was rude when we checked in because we asked to get in our room before we were supposed to. We got there at 1pm and weren't supposed to check in till 3pm. With three kids after a 9 hour drive they wanted us to wait to get into our room on a Tuesday. Didn't realize Tuesdays were super busy days and every available room hadn't been cleaned yet?!?!? We didn't see her for the rest of the long week. Possibly waiting for 2 hours might have meant we wouldn't have had to change rooms after 2 days. :/

I have stayed in several Embassy Suites and this was the only one where I openly noticed people taking advantage of the drinks and snacks for "guests". It seemed like some guests invited family members who live in the town to come hang out in the lounge area to drink and snack. You have to have a card to go get drinks but all they did was present the same card continually to the bartender. It was never scanned or made note of, so they just kept using the same card over and over for about 14 people.

I pay a lot of money to stay in nice hotels. I expected more considering what I've experienced in the past. The same level was not maintained at this hotel.

We go to San Antonio several times a year but will not ever frequent this hotel again.

You live and you learn.

• Stayed May 2012
We appreciate your feedback and will definitely look into the carpet, HVAC, balcony, and comments regarding comp services. I'm sorry your stay didn't meet the Embassy Suites standards and hope this will not prevent you from staying with our brand in the future.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the end of Spring Break with a family trip to San Antonio. Only about 12-15 minutes from downtown, 20-25 from Sea World, and similar (I think) to Fiesta Tx. Good hub location for us. I like Embassy Suites in general. This property is older. Clean, but older. The rates seem to reflect its age and location. Very busy with several school groups staying while we were there, but never rowdy or out of line. Good service at front desk and breakfast, particularly given the number of families and teens running around. Freeway noise was noticeable. Bathrooms were smaller than expected. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: A bit too much highway noise on the end near the freeway.