“I love their Breakfast”

Ranked #186 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, United States
“I love their Breakfast”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is very comfortable and offers things to do. I am not a morning person, but I actually set an alarm to wake up for their breakfast and I was not disappointed ! The room and restroom was very clean and the bed was really comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and in particular the breakfast. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Overall our stay was very nice. It was close to where we wanted to go out out. The price was fair in my opinion and staff was friendly and able to check me in early on a Saturday, I very much appreciated that! Thank you again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback. We look forward to your return visit.
Seminole, Texas, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Floors and bathrooms dirty - water would not shut off in bathtub - reported but no action taken. Worst of all there was hair in linens on bed. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone. Room had musty odd odor probably from running water in tub that would not shut off.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
First of all, I would like to apologize for the issues you mentioned regarding your suite on your recent stay. We will immediately take action on these items and appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We know this stay was not up to the standard you should expect from our hotel, but we hope you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I am a fan of Embassy Suites overall. You can't beat the breakfast and happy hour offered every day to hotel guests. The room was clean and comfortable, the hot tub/pool area was very cold when we entered but, after getting out of the hot tub we didn't even notice the room temperature. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is great; near the airport, river walk and local attractions.

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the elevators (not a preference) while there were several high school st...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm glad your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed it. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your return visit.
Pharr
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great location and service! Location is great since your close to downtown San Antonio and Fiesta Texas. Upon arrival great service within the hotel. Guests are quiet and there's hardly any noise. Your able to enjoy your stay at this hotel. Would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Baytown, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This place is amazing I was here 11 days and felt very comfortable. Only one instance of noise from above me but it was a Saturday night. I will be staying here when I am in San Antonio. I have already recommended it. The breakfast both continental and cook to order were amazing!!! The only thing in the reception I would suggest if feasible is to offer a lg to go cup for coffee drinkers, and Tea. No real complaint there. The night reception was also very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the suggestions. We look forward to seeing you again on your return visit.
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This traveler was presenting a seminar at this facility, and had called the hotel before arriving to secure a sleeping room (2 days) near the seminar room.
All the requests this traveler had were met.
The room was clean and tidy, and met all the requirements (#121, ground floor.) This room is supposed to be a "handicapped accessible" room, and for the most part, would do for a person of mobility impairment. The bathroom is large and has many handrails. However, the bathtub is not accessible except by transfer.
The bed was comfy, the towels soft and clean (not a lot of them.)
One of the towels- even the next day- was damp, as if it had not been completely dried in the hotel's laundry machines.
There was a very strong odor in the sleeping room- like a type of disinfectant- that was significant. This traveler had to turn the air conditioning on full blast just to try to clear out this smell (with limited results.) The odor dissipated by the next morning, but after the housekeeper reset the room the following day the odor returned. This is obviously one of the cleaning chemicals. One can tolerate this, but one also has to wonder if a traveler with asthma would have difficulty.
The staff was incredible. Joe, the banquet manager, should get a raise and a promotion. He is truly a "can do, not to worry" kind of guy (and, interestingly enough, was actually busing the breakfast tables then next morning after the seminar.) A professional, hard-working person who makes all the guests feel welcome. Gabriela was also involved in the setup, making sure that all the coffee and other needed "stuff" in the seminar room was just right. Also a person who needs a raise and a promotion (she's been in the industry for over 20 years.) She has a quiet and friendly demeanor and "things get done" as if by magic when she is on the job. Evan, the A/V person, also did very well in this venue.
An odd thing to know about this hotel- it's the parking. The good news is that there is adequate free parking. The bad news is that one does not know this when one approaches the automatic "arm" that "guards" the parking lot. Just approach the "arm" and it will rise automatically. But one would not know this, as there is no sign. While it might make sense to just take the barrier arm down, understand that one attendee at this seminar had her car broken into, so maybe this "perception" of parking security has some value.
Nice place.
This traveler would return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the feedback and the recognition of some of our team members. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.