“Sleep in your car before you stay here.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10
Ranked #198 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Bonham, Texas
“Sleep in your car before you stay here.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel should not carry the Embassy Suites name. We always stay at the Embassy on our vacations. We had to pay $200 for this location, upon arrival we found it to be more along the lines of a motel 6. If you can book the room for $79 I think you will be satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay was at our hotel. Your current feedback will be reviewed, however I would like to hear more about your stay and what, if anything in particular, did not meet your expectations other than the room rate. I invite you to call or email me so we can discuss it further. We also hope to serve you better in your next visit to our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Let me start by saying that none came to our room to do housekeeping in the 3 days we stayed. I had to walked and get myself towels and stuff.

The breakfast was ok, I've had better at the Arboretum location. I didn't like how the servers mixed in the old eggs with the new ones, plain gross.

The beds were comfortable but the pillows sucked big time, seemed extremely used I had to ask for additional ones.

The sofa bed mattress was so thin I could feel the springs poking into my back.

Water in the shower was cold for the first 10 minutes! How so? Anyhow I got over that.

To make things worse, I have never been to a hotel with no free internet or a gym? I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

The pool and Jacuzzi tub looked promising so we went to check it out. As I got closer I notice some white substance floating on top....what in the world was that? Again gross! And let me add the smelled like chlorine was so strong it made my eyes watery... I refused to get in but my kids wanted to so bad si I allowed them in. Next morning my son eyes were so red and my daughter had diarrhea, she probably swallowed some of that pool water.

In conclusion, I will not be coming back to this location, I should have booked again at the Westin La Cantera or some other high end hotel/resort.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kami1212
We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so in certain aspects of your visit, particularly involving our housekeeping. Guest comfort is our highest priority and we hope the next time you are in the area you would consider staying with us again.
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

yes, it has been a long time since I took my kids here, but upon remembering a great experience, I took my grandchild...granted it was during spring break, but was disappointed in the pool area as well as the dining area...just did not handle the bigger crowd very well. room was comfortable, but the whole experience seemed stressed and overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay was at our hotel.
Your feedback is very important to us and we will be evaluating the comments. We hope to serve you better in your next visit to our hotel.
Killeen, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I enjoyed staying at this location as always. I ended up extending our stay since the weather was wet and knowing that our main purpose of San Antonio's visit was to go to Six Flags. The front desk was very helpful in adding another night, even with the hotel being full. The staff overall were very pleasant from the breakfast to the cleaning staff, to the front desk, and management. I love Embassy Suites!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We always appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with reviews and actionable feedback. When a guest truly has a wonderful experience and lets us know, the staff couldn't be more proud. I have shared your comments with our team and praised them for their diligence to creating memorable guest experiences.
Sugar Land, TX, United States
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We went for the indoor pool, but were not at all happy with the cleanliness of it. They wouldn't bring requested extra pillows. The location was in a good spot. The lobby was beautiful. Front desk staff seemed friendly. Breakfast was good. Room service took a long time. Food in cafe took a long time. I heard the waiter apollogize to someone else and say the only had 1 cook for both kitchens.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review of the opportunity with your guest room and our pool area. I shared your feedback with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guest room service. The pool can be challenging at times of high traffic, but we are revising our service plans to be more actionable with regards to cleanliness and we appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here as part of running an in hotel conference for 5 days. Rooms were fine and I had no issues. There is very little around the hotel so you must take the shuttle. Don't plan to walk anywhere. In hotel dining is decent w/ free breakfasts and happy . Art (the shuttle driver) was fantastic and all our conference attendees said as much. Specify which Embassy Suite you want when calling the shuttle from the airport or you'll be sent to the wrong one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Keith H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio - NW I-10, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We always appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with reviews whether good or bad as well as actionable feedback. When a guest truly has a wonderful experience and lets us know, the staff couldn't be more proud. I have shared your comments with our team and praised them for their diligence to creating memorable guest experiences.
houston, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

when i checked in the lady was VERY RUDE she was on a personal call and was not happy to get off. I gave her my credit card and also pd cash i gave her 160.00 rate was 138.93 i was tired after driving 4 hours and didnt realize she never gave me my change nor credited my card. i think her name is Janet or Jennifer so be careful as she is a thief

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We appreciate the valuable feedback you provided us. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so in certain aspects of your visit, particularly involving our front desk. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss your stay.