“Great Place!”

Ranked #57 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Hamburg, Iowa
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Everyone at this hotel was so friendly! The bartender was super nice, the front desk people were great, the manager always said good morning, and the waitress in the restaurant offered great service. We stayed here for 3 nights and I would definitely return if we are ever in San Antonio. The room was very clean. We were next to the elevator so I wondered if we were going to hear it all night but I didn't hear it once. The rooms are very quiet and can't hear much noise going on outside. Beds are comfortable. Good location close to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Dury Inn shuttle took me to this hotel . My reservation number was incorrect and couldn't be found according to the Front Desk Girl. I ask is this your telephone number? she said no. I'm confused. I ask well who did I give my credit card number?. she couldn't have cared less. I went to the computer in the lobby trying to find my reservation. nothing I ask this is DURY INN correct? she said yes. I said well maybe I'm at the wrong Dury Inn she said we all have the same rates. I checked in. next morning 12/25 I decided to check out. I discovered I wasn't at the Dury Inn. Dury Inn was across the street!!
wouldn't a professional front desk person be aware of this?
wouldn't a competent front desk professional call the number I showed her ?
of course she lied about the rate.it cost more to stay at
I called the Mgr. "Tony" he said he would look into it & call back. of course he didn't
he didn't care either. What was there to look into?I verified my reservation across the street
this is a unprofessional non caring hotel. This place is not 4 points in my opinion its over priced n over rated.
I'm sure this review will disappear but someone somewhere will read it.
BBB Or Consumer Affairs

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Four Points on Maltzberger Rd. while in San Antonio for business. The ice storm hit Dallas, flights were cancelled, we had turned in our rental car and weren't sure when we were going to get to fly out. The staff at Four Points were so kind and so accommodating that it was hardly a hardship at all! They extended our room to us for several more days for the same great rate. They shuttled us around for free, in there Shuttle Van. The breakfast was sooooo good! Carla, the bartender, makes delicious bloody Mary's and the local beers on tap were delicious! The beds are comfortable, t.v.'s are huge, decor is modern and relaxing... Totally impressed.

• Stayed December 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We were so happy with selecting this hotel to block rooms for wedding guests. Meeting with Jackie Oliva, Director of Sales, made everything so easy and her recommendations were perfect! The hotel recommended the patio area with the fireplace for our Rehearsal and out of town guests meet and greet get together. Heather, Alex and the front desk staff were always ready to accommodate with any requests. The hotel lobby is so nice and a great place for guests to meet up. Thanks again!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sandown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you want almost perfection then stay here.
The staff were excellent very, very friendly , nothing was too much trouble and they were so helpful they would try to solve any query or problem straight way and made you feel special.
The hotel was spotless and clean with every amenity you could need, comfy quality beds, fridge microwave, iron/ironing board, free water every day, courtesy bus,
All good quality fittings.
The breakfast could have been slightly more comprehensive. and a bit more shade around the pool area but those are the only things that could be improved on.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is ok, but $9.00 for breakfast, which was the worst I experienced in a long time should be avoided. Eggs tasted like they were made of cardboard, bacon was burned and there was hardly anything else to eat. One bored attendant made sure to show me that I was intruding her quiet time. There were only two more guests having breakfast. Front desk staff both at checking and in the morning were very friendly and helpful.

My room faced the highway and it was quite noisy. I would try the one on the other side.

Room Tip: Chose a room on the side NOT facing the elevated highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My BF and I were in San Antonio for an extended period while he was an inpatient at the VA polytrauma unit. We stayed at Four Points on several of his weekend passes away from the facility. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. They remembered us each time we returned and were helpful with recommendations on places to eat and things to do around town. The beds are sooo comfortable and the rooms were always clean, stocked with coffee, tea, complimentary bottled water, a microwave and mini-fridge. Wifi is free and never had any issues with connectivity. The pool and fitness room were nice and clean. The hotel is pretty much in the middle of anything you'd want to do in SA. A few minutes from several large shopping centers, within walking distance of several good restaurants, and right off the interstate for easy access to the rest of SA.

If you are staying more than one night, you can decline room service for the following day and receive a $5 voucher toward food or, if you are an SPG member, you can put the voucher toward points on your card. We took advantage of this on our last two stays and got 1000 points. They also give military discounts and hotels.com always seemed to have a pretty good rate ($87-90/night) a few days before the weekend.

Only cons are that any room near the elevator is noisy and there is no complimentary breakfast. We had a room directly behind the elevator one weekend and another room across the hall another weekend. I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevator if you can help it. On the breakfast, we'd gotten use to free breakfast at a couple of other places we stayed. The hotel offers a breakfast, but it is a bit pricey. It obviously wasn't a deal breaker for us though. I would definitely recommend this to friends. If we are ever back in SA, we will stay at Four Points.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Antonio Airport, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Justcurious,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of ours. We are always happy to hear our guests have an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your positive feedback about our friendly staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms, and convenient location. Thank you for recommending our hotel and we would love to host you again here in San Antonio.