This is about as 'close' to being at Six Flags as you can get without having to pay a crazy mark-up price for the premium location. It's about a 5-10 minute drive to the park from here, and the best part is that you've 2 choices in a quick breakfast nearby - Cracker Barrel or Jim's. I tend to choose Cracker Barrel since it's consistently good, but that's for another review.
The first time I stayed here, I booked the wrong type of room on the Choice hotels website and realized it on check in. The C/S rep apologized for the mix up (even though it was clearly my fault) and got me into the right room pretty quickly. It was towards the beginning of August, and in San Antonio during this time of year is HOT. We walked into the room and it was easily over 100 degrees in it. Turning on the A/C afterwads, my wife and I went out to dinner and came back to the same broiling heat. I called the front desk and they immediately sought to make it right (not sure if my being a Choice Elite member had something to do with it).
About 2 minutes later (at about midnight), I heard a knock at the door and figured it to be maintenance - it was a front desk clerk with a luggage cart, offering to move our luggage for us as we were being relocated to a bigger, more comfortable room on another floor. We hadn't unpacked at all since arriving, so it was a quick change. Literally 5 minutes after making that call, we were in our new room (where the front desk clerk came up and kicked the A/C on *before* moving us) and it was cooling down immediately. At 12:10, I had the night manager call my personal cell phone and apologize, offering to discount my rate by a few bucks for the duration of my 3 night stay, and asking if there was anything else they could do for us.
By that point, they'd done enough to win me over and I have spread the word of the outstanding service at this property. It's on my favorites list when I'm on this side of town, and even if I'm not, I always consider it since I know exactly what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Medical Ctr North San Antonio, TX would like to welcome all guests to visit the hotel and post their opinion. We are conveniently located at IH-10 West Huebner Exit (560) We are 9 Miles to Downtown San Antonio. 10 Miles to San Antonio Airport and only few min from SIX Flags Fiesta TX park. We are proud of our resort style pool, and provide free hot breakfast every morning serving delicious cinnamon rolls. Our rooms are spacious with free high-speed internet access and newly designed modern decor and larger bathrooms. We look forward to you staying smart with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, IHG, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Antonio Medical Center North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Hotel San Antonio
- Hampton Inn San Antonio
- San Antonio Hampton Inn
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites San Antonio Medical Center North Texas