“Good value for your money. I'd definitely go back”

Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #131 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good value for your money. I'd definitely go back”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed in a double room for a couple of nights on a weekend. The room was clean and so was the bathroom.

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport but the noise from the airplanes is not a problem at all, you can't hear it in your room! However, you do need a car or taxi to get from the airport to the hotel. Parking is free and safe.

We did not use the pool but it seemed to be in good order. The staff was helpful and we had no trouble checking in or out. They did not overcharge which as you probably know, lots of American hotels regularly do. We did encounter a grumpy/unfriendly male employee at the bar the first night but the next one we found a terrific female bartender.

The lifts seemed to be a bit old and with mucky carpets (see photo) but it is not a big deal.

Be advised: there is virtually nothing to do around the hotel so sightseeing and walks are definitely not an option if you stay there. There is a big mall across the street (North Star) but not with great deals and prices.

This hotel made me consider Holiday Inn for further trips. If I go back to San Antonio I think I will return to this one.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a mixed review. Holiday Inns are hit-or-miss for me, some are great, and others mediocre. (I usually prefer Holiday Inn Expresses for business.) So, for the AWESOME! Check-in was quick and courteous, and PERSONABLE, YAY! The restaurant served good food quickly, and the patio was extremely conducive to enjoy our meal al fresco. Actually, we spent almost the whole evening on the patio on comfortable couches and chairs. The lobby and seating areas were clean and the southwest décor fit the personality of the hotel perfectly. Our room was clean and quiet (even though we were so close to the airport, we never heard the air traffic!) And, the shuttle was right on time! Now, for the not-so-much part. The guest laundry was on the 3rd floor. There were 2 washers, but only 1 dryer? For a hotel this large, 2 washers are not enough, and neither is only 1 dryer. Additionally, as I walked down the hallway to get to the laundry, I had to maneuver my way through a maze of carts and piles of dirty sheets and towels and bags of garbage. Not a pleasant sight (or smell). If I had to stay near the airport again, this is the hotel I would choose, however I would make sure that I didn't have to do laundry!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Holiday I, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
I was thrilled to learn about your positive experiences during your visit to our property. We're glad you had a chance to use the amenities our hotel provides. I really appreciate the feedback, it definitely gives me a chance to look into those ideas, to give us a complete view of what our guest need. We hope to service you again.

Front Office Manager
Westbrook, CT
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stay in airport hotels for only 2 reasons: proximity to the airport and reliable shuttle service. Courteous staff and cleanliness should be a given. We don't expect, and almost never get anything unique or special. So, this Holiday Inn met the mark with one very glaring exception: the airport shuttle didn't run on the schedule that they said it would. We arrived downstairs at the promised time, exactly 5:30 AM, only to find that it had already left. The next driver, who arrived at 5:31, would not acknowledge that fact - just said they left at the correct time. Nor would he do anything to help fix the situation other than to say the next shuttle would leave at 5:45 and we could take that one. When we said we'd just take a taxi, he told us that it would take 15 min. for a taxi to arrive at the hotel. So, we took what was supposed to be the 5:45 shuttle, which was already loaded and out of the hotel driveway at 5:42! We are in San Antonio about twice a year and often leave very early the next morning. Next time we'll be leaving from a different hotel. (Yes, we made our flight - we build in a little extra time just in case.....).

Room Tip: Their shuttles may not adhere to the schedule the hotel tells you about. And if this happens, don...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Holiday I, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
I'm incredibly sorry for any discomfort you experienced while taking our shuttle service. We try our hardest to remain on a schedule, but that doesn't steer away from the fact that customer service is our main priority. The level of service you received is definitely not up to our standards, and I will look into this situation, to make sure its corrected for future guest. If you need anything, I hope I'm the first call you make when visiting San Antonio, I will definitely make it up to you.

At your service,

Front Office Manager
tx
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Got this hotel on Hotwire at a very reasonable rate. Stayed here after a concert downtown. Arrived late at about 11:15. The hotel location is west of the Holiday Inn Express by 2 buildings, not where the address comes up on the Gps. Desk clerk seemed to have trouble finding the reservation and the lobby was noisy even at that late hour. Our room was fairly high up and above street noises. The room was acceptably clean except for the floors. The carpet was stained badly and the bathroom floor looked like it had been mopped with dirty water. Other than that it was fine. The air conditioner was quiet and the bed was ok, just ok. I would probably stay there again for that rate, but I would rather have a cleaner room.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank milburn289
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear milburn289,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you liked your overall room received. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the carpet in the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Taylor Lake Village, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here in the past and have always been pleased with the rooms and staff. My two daughters and I decided to take my grandchildren to San Antonio to visit the Riverwalk and to go to 6 Flags Fiesta park during Spring Break this year. We had adjoining rooms which made it very convenient. The beds were comfortable and rooms very clean. Although we were very close to the airport we never heard a single plane. The hotel was pretty full but with 3 elevators we didn't have to wait long for one. They serve a hot & cold breakfast buffet with a great assortment. They have fresh fruit, pastries, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon &sausage as well as huge waffles, grits (my favorite), oatmeal and can order eggs the way you like them. The kids under 12 eat free, so it turned out great for us since all the kiddos were under 12.
The location was great for us since it was midway between downtown and 6 flags. And, of course we had to do a little shopping at North Star Mall across the 410 loop. There are also a lot of fabulous restaurants close by. Be sure to try Sea Island Shrimp House just behind North Star Mall, try the charcoal broiled shrimp on skewers, delicious, and don't miss Jim's Restaurants they serve, breakfast , lunch & dinner my favorite at Jim's is the Frontierburger. If you are planning to go to Fiesta held every April where all of San Antonio becomes a big party town with lots of activities and parades I would book this hotel early,

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank 13Dulu
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nothing exceptional about this hotel - staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were average (they were very clean) roomy with double beds, 3 elevevators but all were very slow! Location of hotel is decent (I think I would choose the Holiday Inn express just 2 blocks before this hotel site as they had free breakfast (their staff and rooms are just as nice and friendly)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear krb10912,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay.

I am delighted to note that despite your dissatisfaction with our location and some aspects of our property, you were still able to enjoy your stay. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, we are very pleased that you were satisfied with most of our amenities. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us as we constantly strive to make your experience a great one.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon for another stay.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Firestone, Colorado
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Needed a room close to airport for early flight. Nice lobby, and pleasant clerk, but the room was amazing. Beautiful decor, calm, soothing, welcoming, comfortable. I thought, wow, this Holiday Inn has given me reason to look at Holiday Inn properties again. Shuttle driver was exceptionally pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Holiday I, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
I was absolutely thrilled to learn about your experience. We love to hear feedback on the new renovations that we just completed. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. We hope we can service you again.

At your service,