We stayed in a double room for a couple of nights on a weekend. The room was clean and so was the bathroom.
The hotel is conveniently located near the airport but the noise from the airplanes is not a problem at all, you can't hear it in your room! However, you do need a car or taxi to get from the airport to the hotel. Parking is free and safe.
We did not use the pool but it seemed to be in good order. The staff was helpful and we had no trouble checking in or out. They did not overcharge which as you probably know, lots of American hotels regularly do. We did encounter a grumpy/unfriendly male employee at the bar the first night but the next one we found a terrific female bartender.
The lifts seemed to be a bit old and with mucky carpets (see photo) but it is not a big deal.
Be advised: there is virtually nothing to do around the hotel so sightseeing and walks are definitely not an option if you stay there. There is a big mall across the street (North Star) but not with great deals and prices.
This hotel made me consider Holiday Inn for further trips. If I go back to San Antonio I think I will return to this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exceeding your expectations is always our goal at the Holiday Inn International Airport hotel! Conveniently located one mile from the San Antonio International Airport we can quickly welcome you after your flight with complimentary transportation. Just seven miles from downtown San Antonio, Texas; the famous Alamo, San Antonio Riverwalk Henry B. Gonzalez Convention center. We area across the street from stylish shopping at the NorthStar Mall and minutes from the Quarry Market. This hotel is undoubtedly the choice of both leisure and business travelers. Revitalized from a multi million dollar renovation we are equipped to accommodate your every need. Unwind in your room complete with free high-speed Internet, executive work area, refrigerator, microwave, and pay-per-view capabilities catering to needs from doing that presentation to watching the latest movies released. Even relax at our refreshing pool or work up a sweat in our wellness room.Explore your choice of dining experiences with selections of our relaxing Bravo Bar & Grill or the Java Express serving tempting dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, or room service, while in the Lobby Deli, Starbucks coffee can be enjoyed. We go beyond superb, deluxe amenities and exceptional hospitality! For business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport hotel is one of the best lodging options in San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport Texas