Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
US$163
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
ComfortSuites
US$245
US$217
US$204
US$165
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$243
US$361
US$314
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmile radiusbreakfast buffetfront desk staffrooms are cleanhotel restaurantbusiness traveleran older hotelbusiness tripenjoyed my stayshuttlelaundryhousekeepingconferencefreewayclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was conveniently located right off the freeway. It was very clean with comfortable beds and nice décor. I was however disappointed with the service. My husband and I needed help getting all of our bags upstairs and no one could be bothered to find someone from concierge to assist. I also asked at check-in which parking lot would be best to park in to access our room. The guy helping me told me, with very little thought, to "just park as close to the lobby as you can." Later on that night I realized that was probably the furthest parking away from the elevators! Nothing major but it was disappointing that they just seemed to want to do the minimum as it related to guest service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Josh E, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Tiffyany C,

I sincerely apologize on the experienced you endured here at our property. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, but it is very dissapointing to hear that the service delivered was less than exceptional. I'm dedicated to informing our staff how you truly felt as a premier guest and ways we can imrpove to ensure guest satisfaction. We look forward to the opportunity to service you again in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We unexpectedly ending up needing to stay an additional night in San Antonio while on an apartment-hunting trip. I was a little worried about the proximity to the airport but we heard no airplane noise at all! Bed - especially the pillows, omg! - was super comfy and everything else was super nice. The breakfast was good - a very lean and tasty turkey sausage was available for the low-carb eater - and the oooey gooey cinnamon roll delighted the high-carb eater. Very comfortable and relaxing stay after 2 days of hustle - we were so well-rested we had the strength to take in the Alamo and Riverwalk before leaving which was unimaginable the day before. All in all a great choice. Staff went above and beyond with me and with others I saw there too, including some very elderly travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate when a guests lets us know exacty how their stay was. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Director of Front Operations
210.524.5937

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The primary reason I chose this hotel is because it was convenient to the airport, has a good corporate rate, and I can collect IHG points.

The hotel claims a recent renovation, but I do not see anything that screams redo in the rooms. The hotel on the highway but I did not experience any traffic noise even though I was facing the highway. There is plenty of free parking at the hotel, and security patrols the lot. Front desk always seemed to have a wait for service, either understaffed or missing.

On first entering the lobby, there is an 80’s southwest feel. There is a restaurant, bar and quick grab food service are. Check in was quick and easy. They made a point of telling me how they were upgrading me to the executive floor, like it was a big deal. Well, reality is, this floor is a JOKE, being upgraded to the executive floor is useless, given that they no longer have a lounge. (They still have it marked, and used to have one when I stayed here many years ago.) Upon check out I inquired if they had a lounge and the clerk stated “not any more” ---- When I inquired why I was told that I had a special upgrade mentioned, she said its because of the secured floor and upgraded amenities. I did not see any upgraded amenities, just standard Holiday Inn fare.

My room was a nice King room. The room had a relatively large bedroom, chair, and reasonable sized work desk. Closet and bathroom space is acceptable. The sheets, bed, and pillows were nice. Actually, the pillows were some of the best I have experienced in any hotel recently. The climate control system worked well, and the blower can be set to on for white noise while still using the air conditioning. Curtains did an excellent job of blocking out light. The room has a nice HDTV, but the channels were pretty limited. The free High Speed Internet connection worked fine.There are plenty of plugs in the room which is always appreciated.

The room had a dingy / dirty feel to it. The carpet between the bed and TV had multiple stains, and most disgustingly, the floor in the bathroom had mop swirls / dirty smear all over the floor. I don’t care if that was as stain or not, they could have easily buffed that off the floor. Made me question the cleanliness of the entire room!

They have a business center with two PC’s and a printer. The hotel has a nice gym and pool for a hotel of this caliber.

There is an onsite bar, and restaurant. Breakfast was included in my corporate rate, but if it were not included, I would have found $13.95 to be ridiculous for the poor quality food and service. The restaurant is barely marked, there is no hostess, and when you finally get seated you are not offered a menu. On the buffet, the food was dried out and crusty at 7:45am. I just had some oatmeal and juice and left disappointed, even though it was free to me! . The food and service were both fine.

The inside of the hotel clean and nice looking for the most part, though some places were looking a tad worn.

Overall, I will stay here again if I need to be in this particular part of San Antonio, and want a IHG point stay. That being said, with the exception of the workout room, pool, and roving security, this hotel is simply average. Given I would rate them a 2* on cleanliness, I feel I am being fair giving them an average rating.

Room Tip: Dont let them let you think the Executive Floor is an Upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced with us at our hotel property. We strive to provide the best guest services in the city, and it seems that we have failed to deliver with your visit. I have personally taken the opportunity to share your feedback with our management staff and guest services department to ensure that these issues are corrected and communication is processed. I thank you for your efforts and words of wisdom to ensure that we continue to strive in the right direction. Please feel free to contact us, should you have further questions. Again, Thank you and we look forward to another opportunity to servicing you in the future.

Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We changed clothes and slept here. The place was clean. It was 3 min from picking up Rental car. Pool is open late, midnight I think. The beds were not very comfy. and they were small. I am 6'2 and was like HAHAHA these are kids beds. We had no issues. Would recommend it if heading there for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you for your recent stay and for writing us a review. We are very glad that you liked the convenient location of our hotel. Conversely, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you had with your bed. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more relaxing, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I recently had to make a last minute business trip to San Antonio. My usual accommodations were unavailable, so I selected the Holiday Inn San Antonio Airport as an alternative for my short stay. I was pleasantly surprised…

The management and staff are outstanding… professional, attentive and caring. Everyone from check-in to checkout went out of their way to help make my stay productive and comfortable.

As a 'global road warrior', I return to hotels where the management and staff truly care about the guest and demonstrate their care through their 'actions'. The team at this hotel exceeded my expectations.

I would like to personally thank Cory (Front Office Manager) and the entire team at the Holiday Inn San Antonio Airport for everything they did for me. Whether traveling on business or for leisure, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn San Antonio Airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business