“nice and clean”

Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport
Ranked #141 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 1 September 2014

went labor day weekend, many people there. The hotel has three elevators, ten floors, one entrance, getting up to our tenth floor room was a wait. I usually look for a place to eat, they have a resturant but did not have a menu or info on it, had to call front desk for one. Other than that the hotel is nice and clean

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucy I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Lucy I,

I appreciate that you took the time to leave our property a review. It is nice to know that you found our rooms and our hotel and general to be nice and clean.

I hope that next time you're back in the area you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I hadn't stayed at this hotel in at least two years and I was very impressed with the room improvements made since my last visit.
The biggest upgrade was the installment of electrical outlets, EVERYWHERE! I stay at enough Holiday Inns every year and that one thing is consistently lacking a many of their properties. However, not only did they correct that issue here, they really made the rooms much more livable then before. Refrigerators and microwaves are awesome too!
All this would've been great on it's own but the tremendous customer service I received really sealed the deal on this stay.
The front desk was very accommodating when my T.V. had an issue with the volume controller. So instead of waiting for engineering to come up while I unpacked, they moved me to another room (this time a king) very quickly.
This property's GM deserves some special accolades for taking care of a near disaster (all my doing!) after my stay.
The General Manager, Austin took care of my mistake with humor and efficiency. He really went above and beyond to help me out.
Thank you, Austin.
I look forward to my next stay at this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ETHH
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is a wonderful airport hotel; great service, large, well-appointed rooms, efficient airport shuttle service, good business center--the whole package. No one stays at these hotels for the atmosphere but you are looking for good service including an on site restaurant (we walked to the nearby Applebees but they have two dining rooms on property).

We highly recommend this as your choice for an airport hotel in San Antonio. It couldn't have been better. Delta puts its crews here, so that should tell you something about the nearby competition.

Room Tip: Shuttle service runs every 15 minutes in the morning beginning at 04:00. They will also pick up and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Josh E, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We work hard to strive to ensure that our guests are well taken care of and satisfied with our property. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I spent two nights here so I could attend the funeral of a family friend. I wasn't in my room too much but overall the hotel was very convenient and overall clean. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean and the staff friendly. They had a bar which was nice to go have a nite cap.

My only negative was that I think they could use a new vacuum cleaner. The hallway seemed to have a lot of dirt or stuff that a vacuum if used, never seemed to pick up. I even saw one of the cleaning people using the vacuum and still there was a lot of debris on the floor. Go figure.

Again - it was comfortable and convenient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Dear Josh [--],

You can now stop dodging my calls and having your staff tell me that your facility doesn't have a manager on duty to hear my complaints. You needed to stand up like a man and answer my calls professionally and not hide behind your employees and your message box!!

I called on 5/6/14 after I got my reservation from Priceline & asked for a non-smoking room and told your employees that I would also be in well after midnight on 7/19-7/20/14. I called again shortly before my trip to make sure you had me in a non-smoking room and that I would be in early am. Then I called again from Las Vegas to let your staff know I was going to be even later as my plane was delayed and I would be in more like 1am.

When I arrived at 1:30am I waited for 10 minutes while your employees scurried about helping guests. I was checked in by a woman who was not rude, but who appeared to have had quite a long day. She got all my info and checked me in. She gave me the keys to room 1139 and told me my room was on the 11th floor. I asked her to confirm the 11th floor as I didn't know your facility had an eleventh floor. She never indicated I was going up to find a meeting room with only hide a beds.

When I got in the room I called down to the front desk. I let it ring for quite a while, but got no answer. I was exhausted so I had to pull both mattresses off the hide a beds and make a nest on the floor in an effort to make somewhat of a mattress that I could sleep on. I normally get a room with a bed. You should have walked me to a hotel with a proper room or at least allowed me to look at what I was getting 1st!

When I called down in the morning your staff told me that no manager was available to assist me. Your staff told me that there was nothing they could do about the situation when I checked out at 1pm. Still no manager to assist me. They gave me your card.

So when I got time to sneak away from my conference I called and left you a detailed message & asked you to call me back. When you didn't do that I called again, and then again. when it became apparent you were fine blowing me off I had no other choice but to take this matter public. Now this review can stand as a testament to your hotels lack of customer service. I should have been treated better and you know it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank ttocsnodrog_2000
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear ttocsnodrog_2000,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the room assignment prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a baseball team at the Holiday Inn this past weekend and it was the best! Rooms are big and the entire team loved the pool. Thank you for the manager for being so accommodating to our team. Please try the Holiday Inn. We were there for a state tournament and everyone in our group had the best time.

Room Tip: Get a view of the Pool or the Airport!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ICON_DoR
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn San Antonio airport with a baseball team over a very busy weekend. With all that business you would think that you would get lost in the shuffle. But we didn't. The hotel staff and management were outstanding. From the pool attendant to the room attendants the person at the desk who took care of my special needs.

I really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning And the snack shop at night where I was able to buy for ice cream cones for my kids.

There was lots of security presence Which made us feel very comfortable and the pool never ran out of fresh clean towels.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone weather traveling on business or with the family.

• Stayed: July 2014