“hoilday inn i love this hotel .. wonderfull front desk staff”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #126 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Laredo, Texas
“hoilday inn i love this hotel .. wonderfull front desk staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

i like the check in and the front desk agent 'HECTOR ' he made my day i arrived to the hotel ask me if everything was ok .. i told him that i had a bad day so he told me that he was going to make it better .. he did alright he give me king bed and also cityview . thanks alot ' hector ' wen ever i am in san antonio im going stay here .. keep up the good work :::

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for the comments I will make sure Hector is recognized for helping you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope your plans bring you back to San Antonio soon!

Safe Travels
Ben, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last two months. If you are traveling by automobile, this is an ideal place to stay. Parking is free, and you are only about one mile from the convention center and Riverwalk. You can park in a city garage by those attractions for only $8, which is a fraction of what some of the hotels in the core of downtown charge. You are also likely to get a rate that is much lower than anything comparable within the downtown loop. The beds are comfortable, and a choice of four pillows of varying firmness is offered on each bed. The rooms are large. The two drawbacks for the rooms are the wall-based cooling units (which do generate some background noise) and the lack of vents in the bathrooms. The pool was clean, but it is outdated. The lobby is small.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Great Comments! I think many travelers don’t know there are a few, very few of us downtown Hotels that don’t charge for parking. We also provide a complimentary evening shuttle in the Downtown area to the Riverwalk and attractions. Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I came to San Antonio just to get away from my busy and stressful life and that was exactly what I found here. I arrived past midnight and I was quickly checked in and direct to my room by the nice and professional front office receptionist which unfortunately don’t remember her name because I was tired & I am bad with names!. Arriving to my room was a haven; it was cool and clean the linen smelled clean. Everything was perfect for me. I was able to get a great night sleep. The next day I had full agenda so I was out the Hotel the whole day & I wasn’t able to see much there but the next morning I went to the restaurant for breakfast and I was greeted by the restaurant Manager name Luis, he was so nice & professional I was happy with the way he greeted & accommodated me. However what impressed me the most was to witness a situation where a guest had lost his iphone charger I didn’t hear all the details because; it seemed to have started before I arrived but, I heard how Luis was checking with the Housekeeping department lost & found and since they told him that they didn’t found the charger in that room I heard him call again & asked the Housekeeping department if they had any charger in their lost & found and he then went to the guest & asked if he would trust him to take his iphone to check & see if any of the charger they have would work with it. The guest allowed him to take his phone & just a few minutes later he arrived with his phone very happy that he found one that worked for it. I just couldn’t keep myself quiet and I told him that I was impressed with the way he had gone above & beyond to help the guest & save him from going to the store to buy another charger. The guest seemed pleased & I was happy to witness that there still people so customer service oriented going the extra mile doing so. After I finish my breakfast I walk around the Hotel & I felt in love with the pool! Very nice! And as I went back to my room to relax for a little bit and then finish getting ready to leave; I met one of the room attendants who was very nice & recommended me few places to go before I left. Overall I had a great stay and will stay here every time I come to San Antonio! I honestly recommended it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Wow!
That is a great service story. I am glad your stay was enjoyable and we could help you relax. It is very encouraging to hear that my staff is talking to and helping guest have memorable experiences. It’s truly rewarding as a Manager to hear great stories of how the employees are dealing with our guests. Hopefully your plans have a return visit to San Antonio soon.
Thank you for sharing and Safe Travels !
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I will not recommend that anyone use the Holiday Inn at Market , W Durango , San Antonio, Texas, as It is by far the most terrible hotel I have ever lodges in due to my last experience there.
I was insulted for being an African American that paid through price line by a front desk clerk by the name of Gisselle.
I merely called to inquire on if some breakfast cards were waiting for me. All I expected to hear was a yes , no or I dont know, but this clerk started yelling and referring to my African background ( from my booking information) as wanting to fraudulent obtain "free breakfast". I asked for a manager to which she answered - " I am manager you have to deal with me". She hung up the phone on me close to four times, then laughed as she finally transferred me to the kitchen manager.
The most annoying thing was the management trying to cover her actions ups as she could not have said "that " and telling me they were sorry ' I felt that way". They also said they could see the phone conversation over a "no audio video" and she appeared calm". No audio meant they did not hear what she was telling me.

They also said another "guest volunteered a witness statement that he overheard the clerk answering to a complaint" . The worst thing was my call was not a complaint so obviously it was all doctored.

REALLY BAD HOTEL INDEED. Except for a wonderful clerk by the name of Nia , who I had spoken to earlier.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Katheee
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
I personally spoke at length with this guest and apologized for the situation. I spoke with both the guest and our staff member and truly believe that there was a simple miscommunication between the guest and the employee. I offered several things including a complete refund to try and make things right. I do have a written statement from another guest who witness the phone conversation and she said “any company would be proud to have an employee handle herself in the professional manner” as our employee did. This is really a lose lose situation. As a company, it looks defensive to say anything negative about this guest even when the facts in this matter may paint a different picture and the guest right or wrong would not accept and apology or any attempt to right this matter and thus left dissatisfied. I am truly sorry that this guest left my Hotel feeling anything but completely satisfied!

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Cameron, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

As a musician I have traveled all over the world and have stayed in many hotels. I now travel with my family. The hotel is clean. The staff is very friendly. Checking in is easy and fast. The rooms are clean and clear of any outside noise. The staff here goes above and beyond to make certain we had all we needed. Compared to other hotels I have stayed in I would put this hotel up against any of them. It is located within walking distance of any downtown attraction and a few mins. driving distance of any of the other city's attractions. My family really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Musiciandave
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
I try and respond to every comment my Hotel gets and some how your review didn't have one. I went back and read your remarks and it made my day. Thank you for the kind words.

Safe Travels
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

The front desk workers were very friendly and helpful. The problem was the hotel. Its in desperate need of an upgrade! We had reserved a pool side room, and what we got was a far off corner room that smelled like meldew and a hint of sewer. The TV was outdated and had no remote. The bathrooms had no vents. That was torture with four adults. The side door had a broke lock so you couldnt use it from the inside. So you had to go all the way around. That was the most inconvenients. The only good thing about the hotel is the location and the front desk workers.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kendraUsa
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations of your room. I have passed your comments on to my maintenance staff and housekeeping manager so that we can address those concerns. I will also follow up to ensure those items have been corrected. I will also give my front desk staff a big pat on the back. Hopefully, you will come back and give us another chance.
HOUSTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

We had a Great Welcome @ the front desk.
Initially I had asked Tonya if she would be able to accomodate us, by letting us check in early. So when we arrived on that busy weekend Tonya kept her word and our room was ready for us by 9:30am. We were very pleased with the hotel, another perk we liked was that they offered "FREE" cold water bottles upon request. That is a Great Idea to have during the busy Fiesta Weekend. This hotel showed OUTSTANDING customer service.
Great location too during Fiesta Weekend!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerBBaker, Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Downtown, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
Thanks so much for the wonderful comments glad you had a great FIESTA!!!! I will make sure Tonya gets some recognition as well.