“Perfect in All Ways”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Port Townsend
“Perfect in All Ways”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel was everything it promised and more -- Perfect location on the Riverwalk and just a few blocks from the Alamo. Quiet and comfortable room. Spotless. Great bed. Good Service. Lots of hot water and great water pressure. Dependable WiFi. Tasty breakfasts at a reasonable price. Employees friendly and willing to answer all questions. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Antonio and we would love to come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear tommo744,

We greatly appreciate you chosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip to San Antonio, and for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and greatly look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with our staff and management team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your plans bring you to the Alamo City. We would love to hosting you as our guest again in the future!

210-224-2500 x 500

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
Mount Forest, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is right on the riverwalk. Our room was very modern, spacious and clean.This is a great hotel for families. We did self parking and that worked out really well.They have done a great renovation job. My only complaint was that the walls seemed thin. I could hear someone coughing in another room all night!

Room Tip: Don't bother asking for a room high up for a view of the riverwalk. All you see are the messy ro...
Dear Alison032,

We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip to the Alamo City, and that you took the time to convey your recent experience with us. We're so happy to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. On behalf of the hotel staff and management team, I'd like to express my sincere apologies for the noise issues you encountered during your stay with us. Please trust that this is already being addressed by our maintenance department, and that we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope you'll give us the change to make this up to you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time your plans bring you to San Antonio for booking assistance. I hope to correspond with you soon!

Alexandria, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed 16 April 2014

To start our wonderful stay, I noticed that I had booked a 2 queen room instead of a king and called the hotel the week before ... they were pretty booked but "would see what they could do". We arrived early and there weren't any rooms available yet. They kindly stored our luggage and gave us a call when it was ready. At the front desk (I believe it was Ruben) said they had our 'king' room ready. More than a king ... had upgraded us to a suite! So surprised and it was beautiful!! We were celebrating our anniversary and they didn't even know it. I felt spoiled all weekend!! By coincidence it was also Fiesta. ALL the staff were VERY friendly and helpful ... especially valet! The back of the hotel is directly on the Riverwalk ... about a 2 minute stroll from all the restaurants and shops along the river. The bed was very comfortable and of course everything was super clean. Even the fresh ground coffee in the little snack shop was delicious! I can't say enough about how this hotel and its staff made this an extra special anniversary! I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Its about a 10 minute walk to the Alamo and the same to the Market Square. Try La Margarita's R...
1 Thank Loveheelers
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip to San Antonio, and would like to thank you for taking the share your stay experience on TripAdvisor! It felt great to share these wonderful comments with the staff at our weekly service meeting!

Please feel free to contact me for booking assistance the next time your plans bring you to the Alamo City. We would absolutely love to have you back!

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The valet parking manager at this hotel is AMAZING. My 2nd key chain was accidently missplaced and he went above and beyond to find them. He UPS'd my keys overnight and sent a text message to checking to make sure I received them and told me that the next time I stayed there he would personally handle my valet parking! BRIC FRASER THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure that the bathroom is cleaned!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Lauren G,

We thank you for taking the time out to write up such an incredible review of your recent experience here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk! I was so happy (but not the least bit surprised) to read of the excellent service provided to you by Bric and the valet team, and greatly look forward to sharing your review at our weekly service meeting!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for booking assistance. We'd love to have the pleasure of hosting you as our guest again the next time you're in the Alamo City!

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our family (2 from Los Angeles, 2 from Denver, and 2 from Independence, MO) met in San Antonio for the weekend of April 4-6, 2014. When we arrived at the Hotel, we advised that the 2 from California would be late arrival, and asked if they could get on the same floor as us. The man at the Reception Desk said he would put us in 1901 and would reserve the room right across the hall, 1902 for them. This was at the end of the hall where we had a view of the Riverwalk and this worked out perfectly for our family weekend reunion. This hotel is just far enough North of the shopping mall to be quiet, but is only a 5 minute walk to the action. The rear entrance is right at the waterfront. Their restaurant, which we used for an evening dinner overlooks the river and had excellent food and service. We asked for late checkout, and they put our bags in a locked room until time for our flight. We were also able to pull up our Southwest Boarding Passes and print them right from their computer center in the lobby . Everyone was very accommodating to our every request. For easy checkout, our receipt had been put under our door, and all we had to do was turn in our keycards. When we needed a taxi to the airport the valet had one that would hold 6 passengers within 5 minutes of our request. In other words, everything was perfect for us at this Hotel

Room Tip: 1901 was very quiet with a view of the Riverwalk. I would imagine 1801 and 1701 etc. would be very...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank l_slaght
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful, detailed review of your recent experience here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk! Our ultimate goal here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk is to provide excellent service, value, and convenience to valued guests such as yourself, and I'm so glad that we were able to provide you with such a great experience!

We hope you'll keep San Antonio, and our hotel in mind the next time your family is able to get together! We'd love to have you back!

Lindsay Carroll-Rodriguez
Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We were spending a quick night in San Antonio and wanted to be close to the Riverwalk. The Holiday Inn was a great option as it is close, affordable and their parking was reasonable. I was a bit disappointed in the room quality and cleanliness though. There is no carpet in the room and the laminate floor did not feel very clean in places, there was even something stuck not the floor next to the bed. I let the front desk know and they apologized. The walls and doors are definitely thin, the man in the next room had a cough and it sounded like he was in the same room at times. Also when there were people in the hall it was very loud.
On a good note, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The parking was very affordable and convenient and the hotel was easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HarleyGirl61
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear HarleyGirl61,

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with details from your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk. I was disappointed to read about your poor room experience and would like to humbly extend my apologies for this. Please trust that feedback such as this is extremely valuable and has been shared with our management staff. In addition to this, we greatly appreciate you pointing our your good experiences with our service professionals and our parking garage. I look forward to sharing these comments with management, as well!

I would love the opportunity to hear more about your stay, as well as discuss a way in which we can make this up to you the next time your plans bring you to San Antonio. Please do not hesitate to call me or email me at your convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I am currently staying here (6th April) and wanting to use the HI Windows on the River restaurant.I was unable to as it is more economic to seat patrons at the bar due to a slow night.The seating on offer was a stool at the bar or a stool at a bench to the side which may be ok but when 65yo and really just wanting a quiet relaxing meal overlooking the Riverwalk I was very disappointed.
After going to buy a packet of potato chips & a ice cream from lobby for my meal and letting reception know of my disappointment they confirmed it is for costing reasons... after spending nearly $900 on my accomadation I feel jipped.

Dear Jillie0212,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and bringing these concerns to our attention. Here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk, we aim to deliver convenience, value, and excellent service to our hotel guests, and we deeply regret falling short of that during your time with us.

Please trust that matters such as these are taken very seriously and have been brought to the attention of management. Again, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. I would love the opportunity to discuss this more with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email or telephone at your convenience. I hope to have the pleasure of hearing from you soon!