“Pleasantly surprise”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #15 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my first time staying at a Holiday Inn as Marriott is usually my first preference. I was traveling for business and didn't have much choice. The check in process was great and Ruben was very professional and had a great smile. I arrived before check in at 4pm but he got me a room which was awesome after flying for 5 hrs total. The room was renovated/updated but smaller than I'm use to but comfy for a business Hotel.
All staff I encountered had a smile and greeted me immediately. I had no issues while visiting but the female Bartender during the day was especially nice as she had a warm personality and genuinely wanted to make everyone at the bar happy which wasn't hard based on where we were ;). Vanessa in Sales was very nice also but checking with the group to ensure our stay was comfortable.
Housekeeping did a great job and didn't move around my bags and refreshed my room and made it smell clean without the overpowering cleaning products that gives you a headache.
Location was easy to walk down the riverwalk and if walking isn't for you, taxi service is a wave away from the valet attendant.
I will definitely visit a Holiday Inn again and this Hotel should be considered if ever in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Request a Riverwalk view room, the rooms facing the river has a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Kay W,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip down to the Alamo City! We aprpeciate you taking the time to share your wonderful hotel experience, and are so glad to read of all the great encounters you had with our service professionals. I was so elated and proud to share these comments with them in our weekly service meeting this morning.

We can't wait to have the pleasure of hosting you as our guest again in the future! Please do not hesitate to contact me for booking assistance when planning your return to San Antonio!

Thank You!

210-224-2500 x 500

Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for summer fun and while it was a great location, the room was filthy and the hotel itself just seemed run down. The hotel is right on the riverwalk so if you are looking for quietness, you want get it. Overall, it was a place to rest but I will not be going back.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with details from your recent stay at our hotel. I was disappointed to read of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay in regards to noise and cleanliness. On behalf of the hotel staff and management team, I would like to humbly extend an apology for these issues. We greatly appreciate you bringing them to our attention and take matters such as these very seriously. Please know that this is not indicative of the type of service we aim to deliver here and would love the opportunity to make this up to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time to discuss further. I hope to have the pleasure of hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice property with decent views and great location. Stayed for a conference for 4 nights. Room was modern and clean. King Bedroom was larger standard room. Bath was roomy. Hotel TV channels were OK. 4 ESPN and 3 HBO. Windows do not open. The Courtyard Marriott next door has operable windows. I did not eat in the hotel resteraunt, but our conference was catered by the same. Lunch was really good with several salads and deli meats. Breakfast was meager, but that could be budget related from conference host.

Back Lounge-Patio is on upper level- not at Riverwalk level but stairs easily meet the river.

Room Tip: I had Eastern view over the city. Western view is Riverwalk side although if your high up you canno...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jon L,

We thank you for taking the time to review your recent Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk stay. I was glad to read that you had a nice overall experience, and want you to know that the team really appreciates your time and feedback.

Please keep us in mind the next time your plans include the Alamo City. We'd love to have you back!

Thanks!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk and really enjoyed my time at the property. The rooms are amazing and the hotel is located a short walk along the river to restaurants and bars. The gym is well maintained. The staff were extremely helpful and were attentive through out my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear HotelBusiness30,

On behalf of our hotel staff and management team, I'd like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk and for taking the time to share your hotel experience with us. We're so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and greatly look forwrd to sharing your kind comments with the team!

Please keep us in mind the next time your plans bring you down to San Antonio! We'd love to have you back!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I just recently stayed at this hotel for a conference, and I couldn't be happier. The room was large enough for me to have enough space be comfortable for while away from home. There is a cute seating area, a pull out desk, comfortable big bed, and nice bathroom. I LOVE the wood floors. It makes the room feel very clean and gives it great style. The hotel staff are friendly and the location is perfect for dinning and fun on the riverwalk. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Antonio!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Margaret C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk. I'm so happy to read that you had such an incredible experience, and greatly look forward to sharing this review with the hotel staff and management team.

We hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you make it over from New Orleans. We would love the pleasure of hosting you as our guest again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel was everything it promised and more -- Perfect location on the Riverwalk and just a few blocks from the Alamo. Quiet and comfortable room. Spotless. Great bed. Good Service. Lots of hot water and great water pressure. Dependable WiFi. Tasty breakfasts at a reasonable price. Employees friendly and willing to answer all questions. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Antonio and we would love to come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the river are very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnRiverwalk, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear tommo744,

We greatly appreciate you chosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip to San Antonio, and for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, and greatly look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with our staff and management team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your plans bring you to the Alamo City. We would love to hosting you as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel is right on the riverwalk. Our room was very modern, spacious and clean.This is a great hotel for families. We did self parking and that worked out really well.They have done a great renovation job. My only complaint was that the walls seemed thin. I could hear someone coughing in another room all night!

Room Tip: Don't bother asking for a room high up for a view of the riverwalk. All you see are the messy ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alison032,

We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Riverwalk for your recent trip to the Alamo City, and that you took the time to convey your recent experience with us. We're so happy to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms and that you enjoyed most aspects of your stay. On behalf of the hotel staff and management team, I'd like to express my sincere apologies for the noise issues you encountered during your stay with us. Please trust that this is already being addressed by our maintenance department, and that we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope you'll give us the change to make this up to you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time your plans bring you to San Antonio for booking assistance. I hope to correspond with you soon!

Regards,