Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
1,219 results
All reviewsthe riverfront deskhotel restauranthardwood floorsdirect accessbalcony roomself parkvalet staffsan antonio riverwalkper daylocation was perfectspring breakvalet parkingrubenisaacalamogarza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you want a place that will go above and beyond to take care of you then you need to come here. My stay here was the most amazing experience I had ever had with any hotel.

My flight was delayed so I didn't check in til later on in the evening. Francine was standing at the desk helping a guest. The guest seemed to be upset about the parking, which for those of you who don't know, it's 22 dollars a day. Francine told the gentlemen about the benefits of parking with them and then the options of parking elsewhere and then the gentlemen seemed rather happy to park there. Then it was my turn. When she checked me in I began to tell her about my complicated day, and she stopped everything she was doing and listened to me. It was so nice to just have a random stranger be so involved in my conversation, that I began to tell her other things, travel plans, family issues. There entire time Francine made me feel like I was talking to my lifetime best friend. She was actually engaged in the conversation and extremely sweet. Everytime I saw her afterward she would say hello to me by name and would even ask me questions about what I had told her to see if it had brightened up and became better. The room and location was great, but the true spotlight should be on her! She is an amazing person. If you want to go to a hotel an San Antonio, make sure you go to this one and make sure you have Francine check you in for that true texas welcome.

Francine, again, thank you for being you. You truly were amazing to meet. I'll see you next time when I come back.

Room Tip: the rooms here have wood floors. You might want to bring socks if your feet get chilly!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is a Holiday Inn so the price was reasonable. Our room definitely exceeded our expectations! Large, excellent decor and great beds. This hotel is on the Riverwalk so is definitely close to the action in this exciting city. Hotel was recently remodeled and is very chic. We ate breakfast here every day as the food, service, and ambiance was wonderful. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: If this is your first time in San Antonio, upgrade to a room on the Riverwalk side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed for three nights just before Fiesta. We prefer to stay on the Riverwalk so we can take the water taxi and this Holiday Inn is on the "quiet" end of the Riverwalk.The rooms are very modern, light and airy. The only thing that could make this better would be balconies overlooking the Riverwalk.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbaraE3
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I moved from San Antonio about two years ago I am now the General Manager of a Holiday Inn Express in San Juan Puerto Rico. On June 4th my youngest Daughter was graduating and I reached out to an old Friend Rebecca Halderman Associate Director of Sales for the Holiday Inn River walk from the moment I heard her voice I knew I was in good hands. It was refreshing driving threw the City with the one way streets I could see the sign of the Hotel but could not remember how to get there. Finally we arrived and was greeted by the valet who told me to drive on up and unload and check in. I arrived at the front desk about 10:30pm and was greeted by a big fella who's smile was genuine I wish I could remember his name. We got to our room everything was clean and crisp. My wife fell in love with the bathroom mirror as did I. The next Day I went to have a drink at the bar were I was greeted by the bar Manager black Short Hair again me with names. The bartender was very pleasant. we went to our car and the maintenance cleaning the yellow safety striping said good morning have a wonderful day. I was so impressed with the Staff I made a full staff meeting to explain Texas Hospitality ( DONT MESS WITH TEXAS) My thanks to all your staff your GM should be proud!

Respectfully
Reinaldo Velazquez
General Manager (SJUPR)

Room Tip: High Floor River walk View. Hit the Bar.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and were pleased with the property. It was during the Spurs Parade and we didn't have any trouble with service during this time but we weren't trying to dine at the hotel restaurant. We weren't there for the parade or as tourists....my husband was having surgery 2 blocks away.
Our standard room was very nice and looked down on the river. I liked that it had no carpet. Furnishings and decorations are clean and modern style. The maids did a fine job...clean, prompt and plenty of towels and pillows. We liked having an in room fridge!
And yes the parking is expensive...even self parking but so is every other hotel downtown.
We enjoyed the bar and the bartender was great coping with the crowd during the parade but they should have had the foresite to schedule at least one server to help her out.
My one gripe is that for a day and half during the day they were doing ceiling maintenance and it was LOUD!!! Sounded like a jackhammer. I mean it was LOUD!! And so disturbing. I was exhausted after being up most of the night at the hospital and needed a nap badly but couldn't sleep because of the racket. I complained twice and got coupons for 2 free beers. If I had known that this noise was going to be happening I wouldn't have stayed there!!! The desk staff were kind and very apologetic and yes....all hotels need maintenance but like I said if I had known I wouldn't have picked that property. I felt like they could at least have offered free parking or something to compensate for the annoyance.
But I would return to this hotel. I liked it. And we got a very good rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family