“Great location”

Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Ranked #16 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Enjoyed this hotel on a little bit quieter part of the Riverwalk. The balcony was a great plus! We purchased the breakfast option when we booked the hotel and we were very happy we did. This hotel has very nice, modern décor and very comfortable beds. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and housekeeping was quick to accommodate our request.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a balcony room overlooking the Riverwalk--if you enjoy sitting out on a balcony th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great location makes this hotel along with the customer focus of the staff. We had an enjoyable few days here, slightly marred by a noise problem on the last day.This was however sorted out very quickly. TIP the breakfast buffet is outstanding and the service attentive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KokoLB
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just got back from an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Riverwalk and I have to say it was a bad experience. We have stayed here twice before and the reason we kept going back was because we loved it there!
However, last night's stay was awful.
We arrived around 7:30pm after a day at Sea World with our two year-old and five year-old children. We were incredibly exhausted and just wanted to eat and get to bed. We ordered pizza from Pizzarita (excellent pizza, by the way!) and while we were waiting I gave the baby a shower. When I opened the shower curtain I was disgusted. There was hair every where in the tub. I never give my children baths in hotels, only showers, but still! Had housekeeping cleaned the way they were supposed to, someone else's hair wouldn't have been in there. I rinsed out the tub, gave both children showers and then we ate our delicious pizza!
By this time it was almost 8:30 and our room still hadn't cooled down much (despite the A/C being on when we walked in). We ate and got ready for bed. I was still griping about the shower so my husband called down to the front desk and they offered to have someone come clean it for us. He told him not to worry that we had already rinsed it, it just made us skeptical about the sheets and towels, etc. The front desk clerk offered us a complimentary breakfast in the morning but we declined because we had plans already. He told her he was only calling so they could let housekeeping know they needed to pay more attention when they clean the rooms.
By this time the baby had already fallen asleep on top of the comforter and so I just covered her with her own blanket. Usually I just pull down the comforter and sleep with the sheets because the comforters and blankets give me the heebie jeebies. My husband and 5 year old took the other bed and fell fast asleep. I stayed up for a little while longer and when it was time to get to bed, I moved the baby so I could move the conforter down the bed and I could crawl into bed. When I did this, I checked out the sheets and they were dirty!!! Ugh. It was already 11:30 pm. I wasn't going to call the front desk and risk waking up my exhausted babies. I laid on top of the flat sheet and shared my baby's blanket with her. Which was fine because the room never cooled!!
Also, our ottoman had a rip on the seam.
By this morning I was so disappointed and told my husband that it ruined it for me. We go to SA several times a year and once we find a hotel we are loyal customers.
I feel like they just gave us the rundown dirty room because of my husband's discount he gets from being employed with a certain company. Just because he works in the oilfield doesn't mean we are oilfield trash!
So incredibly disappointed. I've never written a review before, but I feel like housekeeping needs to be made aware of this. I except a clean tub to bath in and clean sheets to sleep in. That's not a lot to ask for!!

M. Longoria
Kingsville, Texas

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Mlongoria
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mlongoria,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you want a place that will go above and beyond to take care of you then you need to come here. My stay here was the most amazing experience I had ever had with any hotel.

My flight was delayed so I didn't check in til later on in the evening. Francine was standing at the desk helping a guest. The guest seemed to be upset about the parking, which for those of you who don't know, it's 22 dollars a day. Francine told the gentlemen about the benefits of parking with them and then the options of parking elsewhere and then the gentlemen seemed rather happy to park there. Then it was my turn. When she checked me in I began to tell her about my complicated day, and she stopped everything she was doing and listened to me. It was so nice to just have a random stranger be so involved in my conversation, that I began to tell her other things, travel plans, family issues. There entire time Francine made me feel like I was talking to my lifetime best friend. She was actually engaged in the conversation and extremely sweet. Everytime I saw her afterward she would say hello to me by name and would even ask me questions about what I had told her to see if it had brightened up and became better. The room and location was great, but the true spotlight should be on her! She is an amazing person. If you want to go to a hotel an San Antonio, make sure you go to this one and make sure you have Francine check you in for that true texas welcome.

Francine, again, thank you for being you. You truly were amazing to meet. I'll see you next time when I come back.

Room Tip: the rooms here have wood floors. You might want to bring socks if your feet get chilly!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014

It is a Holiday Inn so the price was reasonable. Our room definitely exceeded our expectations! Large, excellent decor and great beds. This hotel is on the Riverwalk so is definitely close to the action in this exciting city. Hotel was recently remodeled and is very chic. We ate breakfast here every day as the food, service, and ambiance was wonderful. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. We will definitely stay here on our next visit to San Antonio.

Room Tip: If this is your first time in San Antonio, upgrade to a room on the Riverwalk side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed for three nights just before Fiesta. We prefer to stay on the Riverwalk so we can take the water taxi and this Holiday Inn is on the "quiet" end of the Riverwalk.The rooms are very modern, light and airy. The only thing that could make this better would be balconies overlooking the Riverwalk.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BarbaraE3
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I moved from San Antonio about two years ago I am now the General Manager of a Holiday Inn Express in San Juan Puerto Rico. On June 4th my youngest Daughter was graduating and I reached out to an old Friend Rebecca Halderman Associate Director of Sales for the Holiday Inn River walk from the moment I heard her voice I knew I was in good hands. It was refreshing driving threw the City with the one way streets I could see the sign of the Hotel but could not remember how to get there. Finally we arrived and was greeted by the valet who told me to drive on up and unload and check in. I arrived at the front desk about 10:30pm and was greeted by a big fella who's smile was genuine I wish I could remember his name. We got to our room everything was clean and crisp. My wife fell in love with the bathroom mirror as did I. The next Day I went to have a drink at the bar were I was greeted by the bar Manager black Short Hair again me with names. The bartender was very pleasant. we went to our car and the maintenance cleaning the yellow safety striping said good morning have a wonderful day. I was so impressed with the Staff I made a full staff meeting to explain Texas Hospitality ( DONT MESS WITH TEXAS) My thanks to all your staff your GM should be proud!

Respectfully
Reinaldo Velazquez
General Manager (SJUPR)

Room Tip: High Floor River walk View. Hit the Bar.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple