“Great Motel for the Price”

Mid Towne Inn and Suites
Ranked #287 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Motel for the Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have stayed at this Motel on two different trips to San Antonio and both stays have been great and I don't have any complains. It makes me sick to see the child- like review by this Deborah M, I am sorry to hear that her man is such a jerk, but by the grammer she uses it sounds to me that it was written either by a child or someone who did not get pass the first grade, get a live and a better man. I have had the pleasure of meeting the person whom she or it is complaining about and all I can say is that he is a "professional" his job. I understand that we all get upset about something from time to time that does not meet or own personal tastes and sometimes we do say evil things to get even for our own mistakes or failures, but lets keep TripAdvisor out of the Soap Opera Scene and get down to the business of finding great places for decent people to stay while we travel. I rate this Motel as one of the best places I would stay at when I am visiting San Antonio. boo hoo!!!! for you Ms M

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you check in
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Ms. Tammy,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you again real soon. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Odessa, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

NASTY! Sheets had stains and hair on them, hair all over bathroom, cigarette butts and dead roaches everywhere. Staff did not want to clean and said that it was clean. decided to check out after being there less than 30 minutes instead of staying the night and they refused to give us our money back for the 3 nights we booked! They charge your card when you check in for the full amount! The person at the front desk was like 12 years old and there were no adults there!

Room Tip: go to the Ramada Sea World!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rachelle20122012
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. All front desk personnel are over the age of 16 years old. We do not have any personnel that is 12 years old. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

First we go to check in and a 12 year old kid is the only worker to be found. We get to our room to find marijuana roaches and cigarette butts all over the room. Hair blobs in the bed, stains on the sheets, hair EVERYWHERE in the bathroom. Wrapped around the toiletries they give you. Horrible smell. We were inside literally 5 minutes before we attempted to check out but were told by the 12 year old KID that the 200$ would still be charged to us and when asked for a manager he had nothing to say. CRAPPIEST place in san Antonio with CRAPPY service.
OH and the pool was full of bugs and cigarettes. And the hot tub was cold.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Britnih
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. All front desk personnel are atleast 16 years of age. We do not have any personnel that is 12 years old. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

I travel frequently to San Antonio on business and try to avoid most of the Motels on I-35 because of the bad reviews on TripAdvisor, but on this trip I drove to San Antonio from Austin and I was tired and decided to stop and try to get some sleep at the first motel that I could find that was close to the highway, it was about close to 3am and when I went to the front desk the clerk , a young guy whom I later learned his name was Deven acted like he was expecting me, he was very nice and well mannered and very polite, he sensed that I was tired and check me in at record speed, that was very unusual since most Motels ask a lot of questions, and trust me I didn't have time for that nonsense at this hour and I was ready to get some rest. The room was super clean and well supplied, as I was taking my luggage out of my car a man that idenitifed himself as a Motel security guard showed up and helped me get my stuff into my room and stayed around to see that I was okay, believe me, as a woman that made all the difference in the world to me and I will always remember this experience, it made me remember another Motel slogan " We will leave the light on for you" for the price, the peace of mind, the security, and of course a good night sleep I highly recommend giving this place a try next time you travel. Tammy

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tammy G
Ms. Tammy,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. I'm glad you found Devin to be helpful during your stay and we appreciate your input. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you again real soon. :)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Was concerned after reading bad reviews (after booking), and was expecting the worst. Was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Very clean room, NO evidence of bed bugs (or any insect for that matter). We THOROUGHLY checked every surface (even removed headboard from wall to inspect, removed bedding, examined every inch top and bottom of mattress and box spring, etc). If you're looking for an aesthetically pleasing or high quality hotel, this is not for you. But if you just need a place to sleep/shower in a convenient location at an inexpensive rate, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

Well, to start out (because I am pretty new at this), I don't really travel much. I have never been anywhere past Pennsylvania. A few weeks ago, I booked with travelocity to go to San Antonio, Texas for a 3 night stay while seeing my brother for the trip. I am very glad I did. The flight was wonderful ( I have never flown before), and the hotel was extremely comfortable to fit my needs. Mack at the front desk was very kind and willing to help me at checking in. My room was very well decorated, and very relaxing. A first for me, because I worked in a few hotels, was that there was not only a refrigerator already in the room, but a microwave as well. The ice machines are around the corners for anyone who needs ice, and the outdoor pool looked very inviting. I have really enjoyed my stay throughout the entire vacation.

The details of the room were very nice, with a full-size bed, microwave, refridgerator, a safe in case you need to store any valuables, cable tv with a nice big 27 inch television, and a nice soothing shower in the bathroom. The staff was very nice and courteous. Although I didn't get to have any of the complimentary breakfasts, I would of enjoyed to just try one. If I were to go back to San Antonio, I would definately stay at the Rodeway Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mike22283
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

Rate was the cheapest in San Antonio on Expedia. Stayed 1 night. Tricked us on location..have to take the feeder road immediately off the interstate, then make an immediate u-turn, then it's easy to find. Check in was fast and nice as the night manager was professional and genuinely friendly. Pool looked nice, but didn't get to enjoy. Room was dated but clean, comfortable and everything (cable tv, micro, fridge, shower, free wifi, a/c, safe, iron and board, door key) worked properly. Train is nearby, but only heard it twice and it didn't bother our sleep. After reading several reviews, I was afraid to book but ended up very satisfied. For price and quiet, it was worth it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple