“Do not even stop at this place, It is Nasty”

Mid Towne Inn and Suites
Ranked #289 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
RGV
“Do not even stop at this place, It is Nasty”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

If you are looking for a nice room, keep looking. You will not find it here. The place is dirty, filthy and it is true, the linens are old and stained, and according to the linen lady, they do not change them everyday, maybe everyother day! The towels are just as dingy and thin. The door to our room did not have a security latch, We had to use the ironing board to brace against intruders. The restroom is small and has little counter space. After checking in, we went to our room and found it disgusting. We went to get a refund. They would not give us our money back since we paid on line. And yes, the only person available on site was a kid about 11 or 12 years old. We did get a different room close to the office, but we found the freight train in the back yard and the interstate traffic annoying. They will try and put you in the back building, from what I saw, it was not safe. Lots of scum hanging around between the motel and the rail road tracks. Stayed one night, came home with Scabies. You do not want to stay here. I will be calling the health dept. on this one.

Room Tip: Can't tell you enough times, do not stay here. You will regret it. And by the way, the people...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Richard S
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
I apologize that you felt this way about your experience. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, when you made the front desk aware that you were not satisfied with your room, they immediately showed you several other rooms from which you chose one. You were notified that you wouldn't be able to cancel the reservation not only because it was made online, but because you felt you were owed a cancellation because the other party that was supposed to check in with you cancelled their reservation. Our hotel cannot cancel reservations for guests just because another party of theirs cancels a reservation. I'm not sure if you were truly unsatisfied with the room, because first you claimed that you wanted to cancel your reservation because the room was dirty and so we offered to give you another room so then you claimed that you wanted to cancel your reservation because the hotel wasn't safe. You also stated that you spoke with housekeeping yourself about the linen changes because you heard them state that the linens weren't changed on a daily basis. And she told you the same thing that I told you, which was that the linens and the entire room are changed and cleaned on a daily basis. The only customers who don't get a daily change are the weekly and monthly guests, who get service every other day because of their prorated rate. Once again, I apologize for any inconveniences but the hotel did all that we could to accommodate you during your stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Disgusting. I'm not a really picky person, but there were dead bugs on the floor both in the bathroom and the actual room. A few of the bugs were on their backs and legs still squirming. We arrived very late at night and just went to sleep. When we woke and I saw how dirty the place was we could not get out of there fast enough. The bath tub was grimy and there was no remote for the TV. The lobby to check in had a buzzer to let you in, so I'm assuming it's not a great neighborhood either. Don't make my mistake and pay online for a room for you and your kids. The pool did appear nice and clean, but we did not stay long enough to find out.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisasjm1
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This place is just awesome! The staff was so great and helfpul. They had all sorts of discounts so I got a really good price. Plus, they helped me find all sorts of discounts for the nearby attractions. The pool is so beautiful with a waterfall. The rooms are really clean and they included a microwave and refrigerator, which was very helpful. They also had plenty of breakfast items that were free of charge. I ended up staying 4 nights and I already booked a few nights for the upcoming month. Try it out, you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Had a great experience staying here. The suite rooms are awesome. They got amazing pool and very good Internet service. They are near to freeway and quite place to stay. Had good morning breakfast. Always prefer to stay whenever I visit San Antonio for my work.

• Stayed August 2012
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I have stayed at this Motel on two different trips to San Antonio and both stays have been great and I don't have any complains. It makes me sick to see the child- like review by this Deborah M, I am sorry to hear that her man is such a jerk, but by the grammer she uses it sounds to me that it was written either by a child or someone who did not get pass the first grade, get a live and a better man. I have had the pleasure of meeting the person whom she or it is complaining about and all I can say is that he is a "professional" his job. I understand that we all get upset about something from time to time that does not meet or own personal tastes and sometimes we do say evil things to get even for our own mistakes or failures, but lets keep TripAdvisor out of the Soap Opera Scene and get down to the business of finding great places for decent people to stay while we travel. I rate this Motel as one of the best places I would stay at when I am visiting San Antonio. boo hoo!!!! for you Ms M

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before you check in
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Ms. Tammy,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to review our hotel regarding your stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. We know you have a choice and we are glad you chose us. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact us. We hope to see you again real soon. :)
Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

NASTY! Sheets had stains and hair on them, hair all over bathroom, cigarette butts and dead roaches everywhere. Staff did not want to clean and said that it was clean. decided to check out after being there less than 30 minutes instead of staying the night and they refused to give us our money back for the 3 nights we booked! They charge your card when you check in for the full amount! The person at the front desk was like 12 years old and there were no adults there!

Room Tip: go to the Ramada Sea World!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rachelle20122012
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. All front desk personnel are over the age of 16 years old. We do not have any personnel that is 12 years old. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.
Reviewed 2 July 2012

First we go to check in and a 12 year old kid is the only worker to be found. We get to our room to find marijuana roaches and cigarette butts all over the room. Hair blobs in the bed, stains on the sheets, hair EVERYWHERE in the bathroom. Wrapped around the toiletries they give you. Horrible smell. We were inside literally 5 minutes before we attempted to check out but were told by the 12 year old KID that the 200$ would still be charged to us and when asked for a manager he had nothing to say. CRAPPIEST place in san Antonio with CRAPPY service.
OH and the pool was full of bugs and cigarettes. And the hot tub was cold.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Britnih
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. All front desk personnel are atleast 16 years of age. We do not have any personnel that is 12 years old. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.