“They charged my credit card twice! No refund do not stay”

Mid Towne Inn and Suites
Ranked #289 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“They charged my credit card twice! No refund do not stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

They charged my credit card twice for one night n ended up being $112 for one not stay of uncomfortable beds leaking ac unit and hallways u cant even breathe in due to so much smoking. Even though i asked for non smoking. I am not given a refund due to them only having record of one charge. So i am out $52

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank amberwells411
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
I apologize for any inconveniences but our records do not show that you've been double charged. If you can provide us with a statement that shows we've charged you twice, we'd be more than happy to refund the second charge. I've looked through the paperwork along with through the system and I do not see any records of a double charge. Once again, thank you for your stay and I apologize for any inconveniences.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
College Station, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This motel provided me the worst experience I have ever had. The rooms are filthy and uncomfortable. The service is even worst. First off the motel is understaffed, and non-friendly. The continental breakfast is almost non-existent, as they only lay out a couple of old muffins. I also was given no towels on the night that I stayed so I had to dry off with my own shirt and then to top it off I was charged for them as If I stole the non-existent towels. When confronting the hotel about the service, or lack thereof, I was given the runabout from several workers. Apparently, managers are never there, and they always want you to leave a message however they never get back to you. I was even hung up on by the worker after I raised this issue about lack of management and demanded to speak with a superior. I have read several reviews and this motel has had several similar issues involving bad rooms, service, and management. How they continue with these practices is beyond me. The GM's responses to reviews have been rude. The GM finds a way to blame the customers even though they always start off by saying they want to meet the needs of all customers. The GM will most likely respond to this message saying sorry but that I have been misinformed and somehow misdirecting the blame. This hotel should not be visited at all! Find any other place as this motel will only lead you to a bad experience, wasted money, and frustration.

Room Tip: Pick another Motel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank 12man
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for leaving feedback about your previous stay. You had actually called in on Sunday to speak with me and I wasn't in this weekend but I returned your call on Monday as soon as I got back to work. In regards to your review, I have already discussed all the information with you via telephone.

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Del Rio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My husband and I stayed this hotel for one night and it was definitely one of the worst places each of us had ever stayed. The room was in a very poor condition, was filthy and there were a few bugs climbing on the wall. The worst part was that the rain from outside leaked inside the room through the wall. The sound of the dripping water onto the room carpet floor from the rain kept us up all night long. The maid was also rude. We were just about to check out of the room a little after 11 am the next day, he come banging on our door and told us if we don't check out soon, he would put an additional charge on my credit card. I would recommend anyone not to book this place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yuwen W
I'm sorry that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to meet the needs of each and every guest we serve and to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 6 February 2013

My Aunt and I checked in late afternoon and I asked to first see the room, the man behind the desk said in broken english that he didn't have anyone available to show us the room, but that there were no problems, What a lie, the room we were given was a smoking room or at least it smelled like one, we don't smoke and I had asked for a non smoking room. I called the office and was told that someone would take care of the smell, but was not offered another room since he claimed they didn't have anymore non smoking room available, which was crap, because at that hour all I seen was 4 cars in the entire parking lot, I counted them. They sent another lady with broken english with a spray bottle and smiling face and after a couple of sprays walked out, that was that. I was so mad I asked for a refund, but because I had left the room for about 30 mins to see if the tabacco smell had been eliminated they refused to give me a refund. I asked to speak to the manager or owner and was told the owners were in California and the GM was not available, later I learned that the owner lives right there on property upstairs next to the soda dispenser, another lie. At 11 am check out time we were just getting the rest of our belongings out, the trouble began, the man that was behind the desk came knocking at our door screaming at the top of his lungs " You have to pay a late check out fee" or I am calling the police, I told him we would be out shortly but he just stood at our door constantly knocking and yelling " you got to get out now. These people are from India and should do the world a favor and go back, the only thing they care about is the all American Greenback, just look at all the apoligies the GM writes after all the bad reviews. I also took pictures of the bathtub in our room and other places on this slezzy property and I am going to post them on the Internet, the tub has mold and the cheap paint is peeling and mildew is everywhere on the bottom, the carpet is flithy and probably has not been cleaned in years and I can imagine what the other rooms rooms look like. I contacted the health Inspector's dept in San Antonio and they informed me that the matter is being Investigated since there have been numerous complains about this Motel and they gave me a case number. The only good review is for the cleaning staff, they tried to make things better, but the real problem is the owners, cheap everything, even the breakfast, no Internet, no working fitness center, just one lie after another..To GM: don't even bother emailing me or apoligizing, get out of the motel business or sell this place.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Paula B
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2013
Actually, I’m sorry that you felt this way about your stay because half of the information posted is in fact incorrect. Also, the hotel does have a license/certification from the health department, but it is still their job to review a location if a complaint has been filed. Based on your opinion, if there were numerous complaints filed, they must have already been reviewed and the hotel has passed in their inspections in order to continue running as a business.
RGV
Reviewed 19 November 2012

If you are looking for a nice room, keep looking. You will not find it here. The place is dirty, filthy and it is true, the linens are old and stained, and according to the linen lady, they do not change them everyday, maybe everyother day! The towels are just as dingy and thin. The door to our room did not have a security latch, We had to use the ironing board to brace against intruders. The restroom is small and has little counter space. After checking in, we went to our room and found it disgusting. We went to get a refund. They would not give us our money back since we paid on line. And yes, the only person available on site was a kid about 11 or 12 years old. We did get a different room close to the office, but we found the freight train in the back yard and the interstate traffic annoying. They will try and put you in the back building, from what I saw, it was not safe. Lots of scum hanging around between the motel and the rail road tracks. Stayed one night, came home with Scabies. You do not want to stay here. I will be calling the health dept. on this one.

Room Tip: Can't tell you enough times, do not stay here. You will regret it. And by the way, the people...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Richard S
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
I apologize that you felt this way about your experience. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Unfortunately, when you made the front desk aware that you were not satisfied with your room, they immediately showed you several other rooms from which you chose one. You were notified that you wouldn't be able to cancel the reservation not only because it was made online, but because you felt you were owed a cancellation because the other party that was supposed to check in with you cancelled their reservation. Our hotel cannot cancel reservations for guests just because another party of theirs cancels a reservation. I'm not sure if you were truly unsatisfied with the room, because first you claimed that you wanted to cancel your reservation because the room was dirty and so we offered to give you another room so then you claimed that you wanted to cancel your reservation because the hotel wasn't safe. You also stated that you spoke with housekeeping yourself about the linen changes because you heard them state that the linens weren't changed on a daily basis. And she told you the same thing that I told you, which was that the linens and the entire room are changed and cleaned on a daily basis. The only customers who don't get a daily change are the weekly and monthly guests, who get service every other day because of their prorated rate. Once again, I apologize for any inconveniences but the hotel did all that we could to accommodate you during your stay.
Carlsbad, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Disgusting. I'm not a really picky person, but there were dead bugs on the floor both in the bathroom and the actual room. A few of the bugs were on their backs and legs still squirming. We arrived very late at night and just went to sleep. When we woke and I saw how dirty the place was we could not get out of there fast enough. The bath tub was grimy and there was no remote for the TV. The lobby to check in had a buzzer to let you in, so I'm assuming it's not a great neighborhood either. Don't make my mistake and pay online for a room for you and your kids. The pool did appear nice and clean, but we did not stay long enough to find out.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Lisasjm1
R P, General Manager at Mid Towne Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed with the proper department. Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and I hope to see you again in a future visit.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This place is just awesome! The staff was so great and helfpul. They had all sorts of discounts so I got a really good price. Plus, they helped me find all sorts of discounts for the nearby attractions. The pool is so beautiful with a waterfall. The rooms are really clean and they included a microwave and refrigerator, which was very helpful. They also had plenty of breakfast items that were free of charge. I ended up staying 4 nights and I already booked a few nights for the upcoming month. Try it out, you won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo