“TRY NOT TO GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD AND WATCH OUT FOR BELLMEN” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Augusta, Georgia
“TRY NOT TO GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD AND WATCH OUT FOR BELLMEN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

Pricelined this trip. First of all I was charged 600 on my card for incidentals. LOL it was prepaid. After my iphone was taken, it was not returned to me until I threatened to call the police. The bellman groped me. After this ordeal, I was given points to my Hyatt card and dinner.

Almost 3 months later, on the weekend of May 20th, my credit card was charged again for 86.00. The manager, stated that it was due to Priceline not charging me enough for the room and that "this happens all the time" After several complaints I finally got my money back. I used to love Hyatt and would recommend Hyatt to friends and family. Not now, at lease not this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank BabaGal
tripper1919, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 27 May 2011
On behalf of the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa, I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for concerns that transpired during your stay.

My sincerest apologies for the additional charge that was placed on your credit card.
Secondly, my apologies for the delay in retrieving your iPhone. This should have been handled more expeditiously and we have credited your Gold Passport account as a gesture of goodwill.

Last of all, the charge of $86.98 was a charge in Springhouse Cafe for dinner on the night of March 4th. It was erroneously charged to Priceline.com. Our Front Office Manager has remove this charge as well as the rest of your charges from credit card on file. This should not have happened, and I am sorry that we made this mistake.

We have also sent a second e-mail to you with a copy of the new folio showing all charges have been adjusted. It is the least I can do for the concerns you brought to our attention.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the below number if you need to to discuss the situation further.

We hope to re-earn your business and to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa.

Jeff Babcock
Executive Assistant Manager-Rooms
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
9800 Hyatt Resort Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78251
Tel: 210-520-4012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

The service is fabulous and the grounds are remarkable. The lazy river pool circles around the entire grounds, has a one mile nature walk also on location, kids bikes and adult bikes to rent and great conference rooms. Totally enjoyed the stay! Brought family along and this is idyllic for kids.

Room Tip: Always shoot for the corner.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your family's recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa. I am so glad to read that you had a great time with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

This was an amazing weekend. Upon check in, they upgraded us to the "Sunday House" which is a separate house on the property. It has porches with rocking chairs, 2 extremely large bedrooms with their own baths, a kitchen, dining room, living room and powder room. It has a picket fenced yard that kept 18 month old in. Every request that we asked for was a yes - we even asked for a golf cart to use. They made us feel extremely special. We missed samores and went to enquire at the concierge desk who sent us to Camp Hyatt and they had waiting for us our own kit which we took back to the house and used the gas grill to toast the marshmallows. The food was more than we anticipated. The grounds were beautiful and we did not want to leave. The house could easily accomodate a large, extended family. Management should be commended for trainging the staff to the level that makes it seem effortless.

Room Tip: Just ask!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SaraLWatts
I am so thrilled to read about your Sunday House experience! We are so proud of it and it does offer a fabulous vacation with all of the comforts of home. I so appreciated your kind word about our Hill Country family. Each of us are dedicated to making each guest feel welcome and appreciated and I am proud to know that you experienced that level of service firsthand.

I hope you will plan to visit us again very soon, so we can welcome you home.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Soft sound of water falls, birds singing, smells of s'mores over the campfire and Texas native flowers blooming, these are just a few of the sounds and scents that will greet guests!
I just made it home from my first visit and I'm ready to plan my next trip! I have wanted to go here since this property first opened! I was not disappointed at all! Everyone went out of their way to make me feel special and welcomed!
From chillaxing by the pool, to floating the river all equal heaven in the hill country!
You will not be disappointed with this special resort!

• Stayed May 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
WOW! Thanks so very much for your glowing review of your recent experience. I was thrilled to read that you had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you home again very soon.

Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

This was our second time at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country. We had taken our 1 yr old son there in 2010 and enjoyed it so much that we decided to come back with our son again (now 2 yrs old) and our 5 month old baby. We chose the middle of May because the weather was warm enough to fully enjoy the pools and because most kids were still in school and the rates and crowds were lower than normal.

The room was reasonably sized with a comfortable bed and flat screened TV. Our room was on the lobby floor and didn't have a balcony. My wife noticed some dings on the furniture due to some wear. I thought the bathroom could've been a little bigger and the lighting could've been better, but overall we were very satisfied with the cleanliness and quality of the room.

The highlight for sure is the pool area. Our 2 yr old spent lots of time playing on the beach and splashing in the water. The lazy river was also a hit. We arrived at the pool mid-morning on Friday and had the whole place to ourselves. Eventually more people arrived, but the pools were never crowded even on Saturday. Water was a little chilly in the main pools in the morning, but in the offseason, they allow everyone to use the normally adult-only Texas pool, which is heated. Only minor complaint is there was a little debris in the pool in a couple areas from all the nearby trees and plants. We did see people cleaning out the pools and it is tough to keep them 100% clean with all the vegetation.

Service was excellent and all the staff was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed the extra little free amenities offered at the resort such as s'mores around the fire, movies on the lawn at night with popcorn, and bicycle (and tricyle) check outs.

As you'd expect at a high-end resort, the food and drinks are overpriced. We found the Springhill Cafe to be decent, but nothing special. The food at the pool was pretty good for the money. The General Store has some reasonable food selections and we stopped by every morning for some coffee and either a breakfast taco or bagel. Drinks were expensive, running $9 for an average cocktail.

We have been impressed with the service, pools, and amentities on both occasions and will probably make the Hyatt Regency Hill Country an annual family trip. At some point, we'd like to compare with the Westin La Cantera and JW Marriott, but he Hyatt Regency will be hard to beat.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

This hotel is exactly like the Hyatt Lost Pines in Austin. The whole resort centers around families. The lazy river is fun for older kids and the pools are designed for small children to enter. Nightly smores are a hit and free. The food is a little expensive but to no more than any other nice resort. It is across the street from Sea World. I do wish they had a shuttle but the $5 cab ride was not big deal. The rooms are all nice and there are lots of activities to keep the kids entertained. We are going back this summer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

This is a wonderful resort, particularly for families and golfers. The service, rooms and food were exceptional. Everyone went out of their way to make us happy. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends