Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
US$165
US$160
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$162
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$367
US$185
US$179
US$356
US$314
  • Pool
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$251
Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$364
US$356
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$157
  • Breakfast included
US$388
US$337
2,765 results
All reviewslazy rivergeneral storeflow riderhill countryspringhouse caferambling riveractivity poolantler's lodgesea worldnature trailmovie nightbreakfast tacosfire pitkids activitiesfamily vacationspring breakbeautiful property
Reviewed 16 May 2012

With it's man made river for tubing, this resort is great for families. But it also provides a serene place to relax at The Spa where children are not admitted. Healthy snacks and fresh water with various fruits are offered during the day. The Thursday night Buffet in the Cafe is opulent and delicious. The staff is very helpful and there is a concierge always at the desk. The dressing room is large and has granite counters and tile floors.
A fridge is supplied in the rooms. Since the resort is pricey, I would suggest going to Priceline to schedule your stay. We particularly enjoyed the Austin stone Texas architecture and porches and rocking chairs and nature walk.

Room Tip: If you have a ground floor room, there is a small patio and chairs provided. It is quiet and beautiful among the Live Oaks.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2012

This facility has all the amenities needed to keep a young family busy and occupied. Location is close by to other popular kid related facilities. Staff was very courteous and helpful.
The only downside is I would not recommend this as a quiet getaway for folks without children.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We have stayed at Hyatt hill country resort two times within the past year, and both times we were blown away by the sheer friendliness of this place. At every touch point, the service was terrific. It started with my call inquiring on the cost of a suite with adjoining double room, I received top notch assistance and advice with the booking. Then, when we checked in, we were greeted by sincere, warm faces at the front desk. And, throughout our stay, it really was service with a smile. When we called down for xtra towels, we received them promptly. Followed by a phone call to check to see if we did receive them. My teenage daughter and her friend were in 7th heaven, roaming the property, hanging out in the lazy river, eating s'mores around the firepit. what's not to love? The master bed mattress and bedding were so comfortable, the robes provided to all guests, the Portico line of personal care products, that smell wonderfully of eucalyptus, the quiet room! Even though our suite faced the busiest front section of the hotel, we did not hear anything through the windows. For those who want to escape from children (not me, of course), There is a lovely adult pool with waterfalls! There is also a wonderful Spa on premises, once you pay for a treatment, you have access to the locker room and the private pool all day (I think kids have to be 15 plus to receive treatments). All in all, my family highly recommends this hotel when you are visiting San Antonio, or just wanting a brief escape from the city!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience from your past two visits to Hyatt Hill Country. I was thrilled to read that you and your teens enjoyed your visits.

Our Hill Country suites with adjoining guestroom makes for a wonderful vacation, enough room for gathering and visiting and enough room where everyone has their own space.

Our Hill Country family strives to provide authentic hospitality and superior service and I am so proud that based on your review we delivered that to you on both occasions.

I hope we will be able to welcome you and your family back again very soon.

Melody Goeken
director of public relations

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We had a wonderful Easter vacation at the Hyatt Hill Country. My children are 9 and 15 so it can sometimes be challenging to find a place with activities that the whole family will enjoy, but that wasn't a problem here. My daughter and I had had a wonderful time at the resort's beautiful spa. It was her first time at a spa and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and attentive - I think she's hooked! My son loved the lazy river and bicycling through the resort - the nature trail was also terrific. Movies on the lawn under the stars were a big hit with the kids while my husband and I enjoyed a glass of wine on the porch.
Everyone at the resort was amazingly attentive, which made our visit extra special. It was a busy weekend but the resort was well staffed and service was very friendly yet very professional. You don't often see this level of personalized service. All of the managers even worked on Easter - greeting guests as they arrived for brunch and making sure that everyone was having a good time.
Food at the Hatt was also great. Breakfast selection had everyone's favorites, lunch by the pool was very convenient, the coffee shop/general store was perfect for afternoon coffee and snacks. We had an excellent room service dinner one night - I travel a lot and usually avoid room service unless necessary. Here the order was accurate, delivery was prompt and most of all the meal was delicious!
The location of the Hyatt is also terrific. Seaworld is just around the corner. Six Flags and downtown San Antonio were a short drive, as was the airport.
We loved the Hyatt and hope to have the chance to visit again soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I travel to San Antonio at least 4 times per year. Two of our visits are on business so we typically stay at one of the Riverwalk hotels. Fortunately, we have two other visits that are simply pleasure -- and this one was because we stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and Spa. So much to do on the complex, you can simply just relax, not drive anywhere and enjoy where you are. Clearly the hotel was booked almost to the max but the lobby and other facilities appeared to be staffed to the hilt in order to handle the guests without having to wait for services. The front desk was outstanding at both check-in and check-out. Extremely friendly, taking into account all the requirements listed on my reservation (high floor, quiet room, away from elevators, vending/ice, etc). I know we all list these on our reservation request lists but I don't think many hotels actually read them. Fast delivery to our room and then an opportunity to visit the surroundings. Everything is laid out so well -- if you don't have small children and need to supervise them on the the lazy river, you can easily find numerous other activities. The spa was well staffed, extremely friendly, quiet and managed by a very professional individual. No cell phones, no small children and the manager confirmed this was pretty rigidly informed due to the fact that all the other water facilities are available to them.

The only time it seemed extremely crowded was for a 15 minute period when there was crossover of two events (50th anniversary and wedding). The lobby was heavily manned with staff ensuring each group found their way while still handling the general population transiting through the area.

Always a friendly face, all of whom were more than happy to give directions, offer suggestions, etc.

Regarding our room -- I travel at least 150 days per year so the desk manager went over my room assignment very clearly, stated I had asked for all the request listed earlier in my review and assured me all had been met. Also offered to move me if I felt this was not the case. Clearly being upgraded to a suite with large living area and beautiful bedroom was well received.

I can honestly say I didn't miss the crowds and heat in the city when all of this was mine to enjoy. Job well done by all involved and clearly management understands why folks visit a Resort and Spa.

Room Tip: Suite 4902 is outstanding.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathyhouston
hyattlover, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

I am thrilled to read about your recent Hyatt Hill Country experience and am so pleased to know that the authentic hospitality we strive to provide to each guest was delivered to you!

Coming from someone who travels more than 150 nights a year and stays in a variety of hotels and cities, I am proud to see that our front desk staff took your every request into consideration and exceeded your expectations.

Our secluded 300 acres certainly feels like its a million miles away from civilization, but we are actually only 20 minutes from the beautiful River Walk and other populat destinations.

I hope you will consider visiting us again very soon, your business is much appreciated.

Melody Goeken