We recently spent four nights during the middle of the week at the Hyatt Hill Country. It was a wonderful getaway...the property is immaculate, the rooms are comfortable, the service is great (with a few hiccups), parking is convenient, the pool/lazy river area is fabulous...I could go on and on.
Rooms are extremely expensive, hence the mid-week stay, which made it more affordable. We also went out for meals several times to keep our costs down, as even breakfast for two with a tip ran around $40 and we spent anywhere from $80-100 having lunch and drinks out by the pool. It was wonderful, but it would be easy to drop several hundred extra dollars each day if you ate at the resort exclusively, especially with a family.
As I mentioned, service was pretty great, with one slooow experience at breakfast. One day at the pool, we were treated like royalty and checked on regularly by our waitress, but the next day service was much slower. Guess it just depends on what you get. My only other complaint is that we were there before the true summer season, meaning the pool bars closed early and some amenities were limited. (We did have reservations booked for a Tuesday night at Antlers but received a call that the restaurant would be closed that night after all so we didn't rebook.) I realize it probably doesn't pay for the Hyatt to have a full staff running in late May, but it made things just a tad more inconvenient.
We would definitely go back, but wouldn't pay the crazy summertime weekend prices. I'll probably start saving up now for our trip next year! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the true Texan hospitality of our genuine San Antonio Hill Country resort. Built upon 300 acres of the historic Rogers-Wiseman family ranch, our resort offers a unique blend of comfort and elegance. With the inviting charm of a Texas ranch house and the amenities of a luxury resort, guests can escape to a quiet retreat from everyday life. Float down our country-style lazy river, pull up a rocking chair on Aunt Mary's porch, golf 27-holes, or join our many family activities. Rich in tradition and overflowing with amenities for relaxing, playing and dining, all just 20 minutes from the San Antonio International Airport and River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort And Spa San Antonio, Texas
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country