“Nice July 4th Weekend!”

Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa
Ranked #11 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family of 5 had a nice relaxing weekend at this resort. The July 4th activities were great for all ages. The fireworks were wonderful! The property is beautiful and all the staff is very friendly. We enjoyed the water activities and golf. The only complaint I have is all the little charges that add up. There was a service charge on everything... food, drinks, flow rider... I feel the price of the room should have covered all these extra charges. We ended up spending a lot more than we had planned, do to all the little charges. It was a great weekend for our family but I am convinced there are cheaper vacations we could have taken.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tammi C
Nicole G, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello Tammi - Thank you for spending your Fourth of July holiday with us! We are happy to hear that you and your family had a fun and relaxing weekend with us, and enjoyed all of the hotel's activities. We truly appreciate you letting us know about your experience and any concerns you have. We do hope that the wonderful times your family shared with us will bring you back again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,661)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort from July 6th-8th and had a wonderful time. This is a great family resort with plenty for the kids to do. I've stayed at many resorts in the past when I was working for a professional conference planner and this hotel definitely met my expectations. The rooms were clean, food was great and there is plenty to do for the entire family. The dinner buffet is pricey but typical at a resort at $25/person but it was well worth it because the food was great. Also, kids eat free at the children's buffet when you purchase an adult buffet. They also have gluten-free options for kids and adults. I have a two year old and he loved running around the grounds. He loved the lazy river and sandy beach area. The staff is super friendly. The girl in the childcare center was wonderful because she let my son play with a couple of toys with my husband while I finished my workout even though you're required to make a reservation in advance. The hotel is also very pet friendly for travelers bringing their pets. My only recommendation to the hotel would be to include full internet access verses limited access that comes with the resort fee. You have to pay additional to get the full access. Overall, we had a wonderful time and we're definitely going back.

Room Tip: If you don't have children, request a floor with few children on it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MMSMJM
Nicole G, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback! We truly appreciate hearing about your experience, and are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, including the lazy river and hotel dining options. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt from June 30 to July 2nd. The resort was very pretty and the grounds were well kept. My husband played golf and stated that the greens were in great shape. The room was average, nothing special. Wi-Fi is not free, which I would think for what one is paying, should be. We visited the bar both evenings before changing for dinner and the whole staff was warm and friendly. We also ate dinner at Antler's. The meal was delicious and staff very friendly. My complaint is that the Pro shop charged our account twice for my husbands golf and there was an extra charge for $82.27 on our account. When I called the next day the Pro Shop was nonchalant about the situation. The attendant stated that he did not see any charges and I should check with my bank, which I did immediately. The bank stated that many hotels will pre-authorize sums for incidentals and that they should fall off after a couple of days. I waited a week and the charges were still there. Mind you this is an ATM card so I have $200 tied up over the 4th of July holiday. I just got off a 30 minute call to both the bank and the hotel. The hotel stated that they do not see these charges on their end. The hotel is now sending a letter to my bank to release these funds. This put a bad taste in my mouth. It is unlikely that we stay at Hyatt again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbie F

We truly apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced with charges on your card from your recent stay with us. It is definitely not our intention to cause any additional frustration or worry on your part about funds for your vacation, and we are sorry that happened. It sounds as if you have gotten the issue resolved with our hotel and the bank, and hopefully all has been worked out. If you have any further issues, or need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your business and your trust.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is very nice and so much fun for the family. We stayed here for 2 nights and we had the best time. The rooms are nice and clean and they have good sized balconies for sitting. The best part is the lazy river. It is the best lazy river I have ever been to and I love lazy rivers. It was really nice to have the little beach area too and my son had a blast there. They had great activities for kids and families including smores at the fire pit and evening movies on the lawn. (one night it was inside in the ballroom since the weather was bad). They also have great activities during the day with a printed schedule available in the lobby. The entire staff was super friendly and we never encountered anyone that wasn't entirely pleasant towards us. The restaurants were also very good. We ate at the pool restaurant and the service and food was excellent. We also ate in the main restaurant one night (the buffet) and the food was very good and the price was not outrageous like some hotels can be. Plus kids eat free so that was a bonus! I would definitely recommend this hotel for a fun and relaxing family vacation. We are already making plans to return again with more of our extended family for a great family get together.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby are closer to the amenities. Some rooms are a long walk but are also quie...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sabshire

Thank you for the great review! We are so excited to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel, including our service and family-friendly activities, lazy river, s'mores and more. Thank you so much for letting us know about your positive experience, and we look forward to welcoming you and the rest of your family as our guests again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Usually we bring our children with us, but this trip my husband and I were celebrating our 10th anniversary, so the kids stayed home. The staff went out of their way to make our stay special: they even sent champagne and strawberries to our room with a signed note from the staff. The adult pool was tranquil and dinner at Antler's Lodge was delicious. As always, the service was wonderful; everyone - from the check-in clerk to the housekeeper - displayed smiles on their faces and told us to have a great day. We will be returning later in the summer with our kids and can't wait for a different, but just as wonderful, experience.
- Lindy Goodwin, Pearland, TX

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

First of all, congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! That is so wonderful, and we truly appreciate you choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us. We are happy to hear that you had a nice, relaxing and romantic stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again with your family later this summer!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

You get first class treatment for your money. Very modern amenities in the room and throughout the resort. Kid and pet friendly. Lots of fun at the water park and evening events for the family. I would recommend this resort and look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the great review and recommendation! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our family-friendly amenities and service, and hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Have been going to this resort for more than 20 years and it just gets better! Started when my children were little and now go with spouse and/or friends and still love it! We just spent four days there and could have never left the hotel and been competely happy. We floated on the very shady and relaxing lazy river and stopped once at the float by bar for a margarita, read and had lunch (& slept) by the adult pool, worked out daily in the very nice gym, had a pedicure, rode bikes, walked the grounds including the nature trail, sat outside for lunches at the Springhouse Cafe, (fish tacos too pricey for not much food and no side), had a very quiet room and enjoyed the best pillows we've ever had in a hotel - awesome! The hotel was recently updated and everything looks and feels new and fresh - except for the beautiful, old and grand liveoak trees that engulf the property. ALL staff exceptionaly friendly and truly enjoy their jobs or are faking it with style. IF you feel the need to leave the grounds, Sea World is across the street - but you would never know it while on the grounds. They have done an exceptional job of keeping the woods between you and the outside world. We will continue to return.

Room Tip: I prefer a room with a balconey
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahyden

Wow, 20 years! That is so great, and truly makes us proud to hear that we continue to earn back your business year after year. The amount of wonderful family memories you have made with us must really be amazing! We are happy to hear that whatever the age, you continue to enjoy all of the amenities our beautiful resort has to offer. Thank you so much for your continued business, and for letting us know about your experience. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back for many more years to come!