had actually started writing the review and inadvertently submitted before completion...so heres the full review I planned to write.
Back to the Hyatt with kids and their 2 cousins.
On arrival we received a very warm welcome and some resort credits because the room wasnt ready. We quickly settled in shortly thereafter.
Bfast was brilliant (the egg guy is an artist) with a very wide selection, dinner buffet was pretty ok, but the food at Papa Eds wasn't nice with pretty bland burgers for the prices, essentially not much to write home about...
The room was good with the room service a tad slow but the resort was fully booked so that's understandable.
The rooms were generous in size and well appointed and we had adjoining rooms which was cool.
The activities were very interesting to the kids and they had a good time going around from activity to activity (and not missing the smores every evening). The surfing simulator was very good fun for everyone and I had to practically drag them away!! The pools and water area were just right albeit a bit crowded.
The spa was absolutely brilliant and forms the basis of a seperate review.
We had a little challenge which was taken care of very professionally by Lindsey the Guest services Manager who spared no effort to sort things out as well as minimize any disruptions to our trip. The service alone warranted 5 stars.
All in all, a very very good trip and we will certainly certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the true Texan hospitality of our genuine San Antonio Hill Country resort. Built upon 300 acres of the historic Rogers-Wiseman family ranch, our resort offers a unique blend of comfort and elegance. With the inviting charm of a Texas ranch house and the amenities of a luxury resort, guests can escape to a quiet retreat from everyday life. Float down our country-style lazy river, pull up a rocking chair on Aunt Mary’s porch, golf 27-holes, or join our many family activities. Rich in tradition and overflowing with amenities for relaxing, playing and dining, all just 20 minutes from the San Antonio International Airport and River Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country Resort San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort And Spa San Antonio, Texas
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio
- Hyatt Hill Country San Antonio
- Hilton Hill Country