“Would stay here again”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #20 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I read many reviews and almost cancelled my stay but I am glad I didnt.
It is a very beautiful place to start and close many restaurants and museums.
When we arrived they had a mini fridge ready for us (we had requested weeks before arrival) and our room was ready.
The Room:
Spacious, clean and had an Alamo view. I read other reviews about noise and room that are in view of elevators and that is true. Try to get a room high up and away from elevators if you want to open the blinds at all. The only problem I had was with the carpet. I had to use seperate socks to walk around in the room because they got dirty quickly.
Parking:
I guess knowing ahead of time prepared us to pay. It was $27 total (including tax) per day and the parking is right across the street. DIdnt have a problem here. You can also take the riverwalk next to the parking elevators and walk under the street to get to the hotel. Very nice. It also leads to the real riverwalk which is next to the hotel.
Food:
We didnt dine at the Q or order any food. I do know that dinner is from 5-9pm and it gets very busy here so getting there early is important.
Pool:
This is a small pool. It does have a great view. We only used it once and didnt have a problem.
Internet:
They charge for this and its high. If you use their laptops downstairs you will also be charged for that. So the best thing to do is to bring your own and go downstairs instead of the room.
We traveled with a 3yr old and an 8yr old. We did leave late morning and came back late night with the kids but when we were there it was great. AC works fantastic!
Great place.

Room Tip: alamo view. High up away from street and restaurant noise.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WithFamily4
Write a ReviewReviews (3,302)

Reviewed 29 July 2011

My family and I booked this room as a stop over heading to South Padre. We arrived late and the Hyatt did not have any rooms left with two doubles, only one king. Unfortunately, I booked through American Airlines Vacations, and they did not specify to the Hyatt that I needed two double beds for four people.
The Hyatt was awesome and gave us a suite with two rollaway beds (that were quite comfy) and then proceeded to “comp” my parking, too! They did not have to do this, but they did. What great customer service….we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank TikiTex
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We apologize for our fully committed status upon your arrival, but are happy to hear our team was able to accommodate your family. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk in San Antonio for 2 nights and was very impressed with the physical facility and the level of service from the employees. The location is excellent, right on the Riverwalk. It is a huge hotel with an atrium lobby and a water theme.
My room with 2 queen beds was clean and very comfortable. Nice bed linens, good mattresses, clean carpets, decent bath amenities and a shower that worked well.
On the downside, they do charge $5 for a bottle of water, which you will pay if you even just move the bottle. Also, as others have noted, they charge you for Wifi, which is something that Motel 6 even gives away for free. I dislike being nickel & dimed by a hotel.
I had breakfast at the buffet both mornings, and it was wonderful, with great healthy choices as well as the traditional fare.
I have to say that every single Hyatt employee I had contact with had excellent customer service. they ALL went above & beyond with any request you made, making suggestions that made sense. Bravo to a well-trained staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank wlntcrkca
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Just lovely, especially the rooftop pool, gym was very well equipped, and finally the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Try to book via a hotel portal than going in - much cheaper
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 66Amandaclare
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I am absolutely happy with the Hyatt Regency San Antonio. It is located right in the middle of the RiverWalk with many restaurants and shops in either direction. On the street level, you walk out a couple blocks, and you are right at the Alamo. The location is perfect!

It also is in close proximity to nightlife; one of the most happening spots, the MadDog British pub/night club, is connected to the lower level of the hotel.

There's a special promotion that includes a buffet breakfast at the Qbar; the cuisine is delicious, unlike typical hotel breakfast food. There is a made-to-order omelette station, fresh fruits, cheese, sausage with salsa, and etc. and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Perfect way to start your day. I was there for 4th of July weekend, and breakfast was served until noon! It was great since I had trouble getting out of the comfy bed.

The only minor issues are that self parking is across the street with a steep $25 a night, and the lobby elevators take awhile even though there are 6 or so elevators. The rooftop pool is also more of a kiddy pool. Don't try to swim laps...trust me it won't work. There is a good view of the city though. I recommend going up there for the evening view.

Overall, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Hyatt Regency. It is the perfect stay for a wonderful trip to the San Antonio riverwalk.

Room Tip: Try going to San Antonio visitor website to see if there are deals for local hotels.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank trojanlili
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Thank you for this wonderful review! We enjoyed reading about your San Antonio experience and can't wait for your next visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

room and view was great! a fridge...even better, right? no. you can't use the fridge for your own use. it's a fridge that is made only for refreshments for sell by the hotel. and no microwave. a family with kids and no fridge and/or microwave, a bit inconvienent.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank angie77373
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel Angie! We apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced during your recent family vacation. Next time please contact our housekeeping department. If available, they will be more than happy to bring a mini fridge and microwave up to your room! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Our family stayed here during a business weekend. It was clean enough. Great location, very close to the Alamo and a mall with a theater and IMAX. Our friends had a room that shared a wall with the center of the hotel and the noise from the bar area carried into their rooms every night. They said it was very loud and they could not sleep. Our room was on an outside wall so we did not here the bar activities. Swimming pool was on the top of the hotel and was very small. Parking was in a garage across the street from the hotel and was not free. Valet was $30/day.

Room Tip: Request a room with exterior view.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business