“Great Customer Service”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #16 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I was visiting this hotel on business and have been there several times in the past. It is great because it is on the Riverwalk but what made it terrific is the customer service that launched it into a well run hotel.

The concierge was helpful and and gave me some great tips for small towns to visit outside of SA (Gruene,,,lovely). He also arranged tickets to see the Spurs in action in which he made sure I had transportation that provided door to door service! The seats were excellent.

What topped it off is I left my phone charger in the room and panic when I got home. I called them and right away they looked for it, called me back stating they found it and sent it to me postage paid!

This was absolutely fabulous because it was so stressful and they turned it into a wonderful day. I will recommend this hotel because it is how they address problems that sets them apart from other properties.

I look forward to my next meeting there!

Room Tip: If you don't want a river walk view a side street view gives you looks of beautiful old building...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

We enjoyed reading your review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your time in San Antonio (and Gruene). We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,237)

Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 night get away on the riverwalk. Our stay was excellent overall.
Location: The hotel is right on the riverwalk. Our room was a corner room so we had a great view day and night. Plus also was you can walk to almost anything restaurants, bars, sights, & obviously the riverwalk.
Room: We booked the "B" suite on the 8th floor. 2 bed 3 bath with a very large parlor, dining area, and wet bar. The aesthetics of the room were absolutely lovely. As stated, this was a corner room so there were floor to ceiling windows throughout. Room was tastefully decorated and we were not disappointed. I generally get Away once a month and stay at 5 star hotels so was nervous since my husband booked the Hyatt. I was very suprised and though the hotel and room were lovely. Only issues, room has separate AC controls. The king room didn't cool very well as did one part of the parlor. All other rooms were fine. Second and though small, I feel any suite as such should come with robes. My husband and I looked for about 5 minutes, chuckled, and stopped. This is a small amenity to most but we appreciate this and look for with any upscale/luxury accommodation. Room overall, very pleased.
Service: No problems, as always, we requested a bottle of chilled wine in our room. This was here when we arrived. Room service every morning was prompt and very good. Bar area: great vibe and attractive people mingling. Our waitress was a little busy and could have smiled a tad more but she was polite and we received our orders without much wait. House keeping: fine. The suite can be set up as 2 separate rooms. It would have been nice if the hotel communicated this room was in full use. Our housekeeper instead knocked on all 3 doors and by the time we ( the same people) answered the door she appeared annoyed. No biggie.
Hotel overall: Will we stay here again? Yes. Although a suite it was at an excellent rate according to our budget. Hotel was in a great spot with easy finds. Atmosphere good and our stay could not have been better. Thank you Hyatt. Pls think about robes.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This Hyatt is, well, a Hyatt. You expect excellent accommodations, food, and service and you'll get them. Check-in was super-fast without all the 3rd degree you get at other hotels (needing to show all sorts of ID, filling out forms, etc.). The lobby was mostly uncrowded and quiet even at different times of the day. You can sit and read, work, or relax inside or outside on the comfortable furniture.

I was there for a 5-day business meeting/conference and most everything went smoothly. There was another conference meeting in and around our scheduled rooms which caused some confusion but no problems. The food prepared and served by the hotel staff in the conference rooms and ballrooms was surprisingly good and still warm when served. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner on several occasions and nothing to complain about.

The rooms were large and had the usual amenities. The skin, toilet, and tub was in the same room. Towels were thick and fluffy and even the toilet tissue was softer than most other hotels (if you pay attention to that sort of thing). The TV had about 40 channels but I couldn't get the radio to get more than a few stations that were either country music or Spanish language. The window overlooked the interior of the hotel (atrium) rather than outdoors - I'm not sure if there are any rooms with outside views.

The fitness center was crowded, even at 6 AM! There were about a dozen cardio machines and all but one was occupied. Free weights and machines were available. I swam once in the outside pool which is on the top floor (roof, actually) and you can see the skyline and get a nice birdseye view of downtown San Antonio.

The Alamo is one block away and the ground floor of the hotel opens up to the Riverwalk. So it's easy to get to where you want to go if you're a tourist.

We spent time at Q, which is the lobby bar, and the food and beverages were quite good. Tacos and baked potatoes and other bar food was a cut above and not terribly expensive (for example, I paid $5 for a loaded baked potato and the bartender threw in a Diet Pepsi free).

Did anything go wrong? Yes. No hotel is perfect. :) The major problem was that the wireless Internet service, supposedly free in the lobby, kept starting and stopping randomly throughout the day and night. I've never seen so many disconnected-connected signals on my iPad. I gave up after a while and used my hot spot card. This continued all 5 days I was there and other people had trouble as well. I've never quite figured out why budget hotels offer free Internet that works well and expensive hotels charge extra for poor-quality wireless. Oh, well.

I recommend the Hyatt for either business or for hanging out in downtown San Antonio. There are many large and small hotels in the immediate area, so lots of choices. I don't think you can go wrong at the Hyatt or the other major chains.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Thank you for this detailed review Craig! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for 7 days in April 2012. Our experience was excellent. Taylor at the front desk made us feel welcome immediately. Our reservation was a bit complicated and she did an excellent job. Gabe and Jr, servers in the dinner room were above and beyond expected service. We both had colds and they found the best home remedy tea and served it to us. The location is great, right on the heart of the River Walk. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Next time I would request a room that has windows that face outside, our room faced the inside terr...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel's location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next getaway.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We have stayed at the hotel a couple of times and have been happy with each of our stays. The location is great; Easy access to the Riverwalk and the Alamo area. The rooms are clean, roomy, and well kept. The only complaint I have is that the pool area is too small but they've done the best they can with the space that they have to work with. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your review and are happy to hear you have enjoyed each one of your stays with us.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed at the hyatt regency for a business trip. I found the hotel to be very nice. The decor was recently updated and very modern. I was placed in the room I requested, quickly and effiecently. The hotel was extremely quiet, so quiet that I could hear the elevator bell in my bed! I didn't eat at the restaurant, although it smelled great. The one minor complaint I had was that the bathrooms were small.
This hotel's location is wonderful for tourists! It's only a block away from the Alamo and right on the river walk. Parking is expensive, If you don't need a car take a cab from the airport and walk everywhere. San Antonio is a beautiful city, enjoy it!

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank CaseyFink
SATGH, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your San Antonio experience! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

The location of this hotel is amazing - you can stand at the front and see the Alamo, or go out the back, and be right on the Riverwalk.

The Q Restaurant (amazing BBQ) was closed on Sunday/Monday. Unfortunately our trip was on Sunday/Monday - but we did have a brisket sandwich in the hotel bar (Q Bar). The brisket was delicious. Our waitress, Brandi, made us very welcome - even though there was a couple of large oil conferences going on.

Our room was River View (rm 710) - it smelt a little smoky - but was fine. The bed was comfortable with a pillow top, and plenty of pillows.

The hotel has Its own river taxi stop. We spent $15 for the River Taxi - this allowed us a 24hr pass to use the taxis in the Riverwalk area, and up the river to "Pearl". This was worth the $15 - particularly if you didnt care to go on the narrated tour. The drivers of the taxis, also do the tours, and dont seem to mind answering a couple of questions.

All in all - a great place to stay if you are visiting San Antonio just once, and have most of the tourist sites local. I booked last minute on hotels.com - and it was a little expensive.

Room Tip: I would recommend not getting a room into the atrium - they open out over the bar area - which can g...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple