In researching San Antonio hotel rates, I stumbled on visitsantonio.com and discovered S.A.V.E. rates. The SAVE rates are actually codes that you plug into hotel websites for extra savings. Thanks to these rates, got the Hyatt for $169 for the first night and $139 for the other three.
I love this hotel. The location is absolutely perfect--right in the heart of the Riverwalk and accessible to everything downtown. I'd asked for a quiet room and was originally given an atrium room. From tripadvisor, I know these rooms can be noisy. No problem--the extremely friendly and helpful front desk person switched us to a 10th floor Alamo view that was perfect. I asked for a fridge to be delivered to the room and it practically got there before we did!
Beds were very comfortable. Crisp linens and triple sheet duvets. Room was sparkling clean. Bathroom was small but functional. Towels and washcloths were white, fluffy and looked new.
The pool is small but the staffed bar was a nice touch. Great view from the roof--take a peek even if you don't swim.
The River Terrace bar serves Starbucks drinks every morning, as well as a few assorted muffins and pastries. Nice for a quick drink if you don't want to go the restaurant route.
Staff at the concierge desk stayed true to form with this hotel and were pleasant and helpful. When I mentioned that we'd like to dine at Rosario's but knew they didn't take reservations--boom--we had reservations in 2 minutes.
Some will say this is strictly a convention hotel but I would disagree. We were in town for my daughter's dance competition and found it to be very family friendly. After long days of dancing and sight-seeing, the Hyatt was a great place to come 'home' to every night. I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Texas