I am a big fan of Hyatt. I have been all over the world and stay at Hyatts an average of once or twice a month. This is a beautiful hotel. This was a trip with the family for vacation and I had a reservation for a Riverbend Suite months in advance. When we checked in I was told sorry all the Riverbend suites have been check into already. Of course they were nice and "upgraded" us to a different suite which I was told had a balcony but when we got up there it did not... and if course it did not overlook the Riverwalk, it overlooked the hotel atrium which could have just been a beautiful atrium anywhere in the world. Not what I planned and expected, especially for the price. The location is perfect if you plan to spend the majority of your time near or at downtown and the Riverwalk. The Alamo is literally across the street, as well as my kids' favorite attractions, the Ripley Museums. There were some very good places to eat within a few blocks as well and it was nice to be able to walk rather then get in the car each time we wanted to go somewhere. The parking (even self park) is high compared to most locations, but considering it was a downtown area, it was expected. The hotel itself is lovely visually, a lot of water, a lot of glass. The shops on the lower floor were beautiful as well. We did not eat at the hotel since it appeared a little pricey and not very family oriented and there were so many options outside of hotel restaurants. THe Hard Rock cafe is almost right across the river as well. The rooms itself were nice but badly in need of upgrade or update or at least some TLC. They were clean though. Customer service in all areas was professional and friendly.
Cons: I do not understand the bathrooms at all. They are the teeny tiniest bathrooms I ahve ever seen in a Hyatt. We actually had 2 bathrooms; one in the suite and one with the standard connected King room and both were exactly alike. Additionally, there were none of the usual Hyatt amenities such as toothpaste, cotton balls and qtips, which wouldn't be a big deal except that since all the other Hyatts I've stayed in do, I didn't bother to pack. Since there is a CVS right across the street on the Riverwalk, it was easy to go buy it. Also when it came time to print out tickets for an attraction I bought online, I had to go to the business center upstairs and pay by the minute and by the page to print it out, resulting in an almost $5 charge. Again not a huge deal, but certainly unexpected.
Pool: The pool on the roof was terrible. It was literally just a pool. No jacuzzi, no heat (freezing water) no comfortable place to rest, no service, thus, no people.
Sound: There was no soundproofing between the rooms and hallway whatsoever. At least 4 times there was so much noise in the hallway we were awakened from sleep between 11pm and 2pm. The next morning the front desk said there had been a wedding and the noise had been reported, but that evening there was noise again although not quite as obnixious.
Bottom line: I would not stay here again mostly because there are just so many choices in the area, including other Hyatts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the heart of the Riverwalk at Hyatt Regency San Antonio. We are the only San Antonio Riverwalk hotel directly overlooking the historic Alamo and on the Riverwalk, connecting two of San Antonio's top destinations through our 16 story atrium lobby. Be the center of our attention while you are in the center of the action taking advantage of our unequaled location in the heart of dining and entertainment venues surrounding our Riverwalk hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt San Antonio
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Texas