“THE Best Customer Service & Hotel :)”

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #19 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Flower Mound, Texas
“THE Best Customer Service & Hotel :)”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our association had this years reunion in San Antonio - The hotel was prefect!!! The location, the people...everything was awesome!! Banquet night was great - the food was "awesome" The Chef did a fantastic job...Everything was "Awesome" ...and I hate that word as it seems today everything is "Awesome" Well in this case everything was "Awesome"..
Everyone, all the staff, from the bellman, the bartender(s), front desk, maids, etc were so friendly, helpful - I felt like I was part of "THE" family.
Thank You!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for this awesome review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Just completed a two night stay with my wife. This hotel is located on the riverwalk within two blocks of the Alamo and near other major locations. A beautiful hotel with an exceptional location that is surpassed only by the service provided by the staff. From the moment we arrived at curbside thru check out every staff member we encountered provided service beyond our high expectations. Kelly at the Q restaurant deserves special mention. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 906 which had a niece view of the riverwalk. That said the view of the Alamo from...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's convenience and service at Q Restaurant. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I am a big fan of Hyatt. I have been all over the world and stay at Hyatts an average of once or twice a month. This is a beautiful hotel. This was a trip with the family for vacation and I had a reservation for a Riverbend Suite months in advance. When we checked in I was told sorry all the Riverbend suites have been check into already. Of course they were nice and "upgraded" us to a different suite which I was told had a balcony but when we got up there it did not... and if course it did not overlook the Riverwalk, it overlooked the hotel atrium which could have just been a beautiful atrium anywhere in the world. Not what I planned and expected, especially for the price. The location is perfect if you plan to spend the majority of your time near or at downtown and the Riverwalk. The Alamo is literally across the street, as well as my kids' favorite attractions, the Ripley Museums. There were some very good places to eat within a few blocks as well and it was nice to be able to walk rather then get in the car each time we wanted to go somewhere. The parking (even self park) is high compared to most locations, but considering it was a downtown area, it was expected. The hotel itself is lovely visually, a lot of water, a lot of glass. The shops on the lower floor were beautiful as well. We did not eat at the hotel since it appeared a little pricey and not very family oriented and there were so many options outside of hotel restaurants. THe Hard Rock cafe is almost right across the river as well. The rooms itself were nice but badly in need of upgrade or update or at least some TLC. They were clean though. Customer service in all areas was professional and friendly.
Cons: I do not understand the bathrooms at all. They are the teeny tiniest bathrooms I ahve ever seen in a Hyatt. We actually had 2 bathrooms; one in the suite and one with the standard connected King room and both were exactly alike. Additionally, there were none of the usual Hyatt amenities such as toothpaste, cotton balls and qtips, which wouldn't be a big deal except that since all the other Hyatts I've stayed in do, I didn't bother to pack. Since there is a CVS right across the street on the Riverwalk, it was easy to go buy it. Also when it came time to print out tickets for an attraction I bought online, I had to go to the business center upstairs and pay by the minute and by the page to print it out, resulting in an almost $5 charge. Again not a huge deal, but certainly unexpected.
Pool: The pool on the roof was terrible. It was literally just a pool. No jacuzzi, no heat (freezing water) no comfortable place to rest, no service, thus, no people.
Sound: There was no soundproofing between the rooms and hallway whatsoever. At least 4 times there was so much noise in the hallway we were awakened from sleep between 11pm and 2pm. The next morning the front desk said there had been a wedding and the noise had been reported, but that evening there was noise again although not quite as obnixious.
Bottom line: I would not stay here again mostly because there are just so many choices in the area, including other Hyatts.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ElaineG29
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the convenient location on the Riverwalk and the local attractions. We apologize for your less than pleasurable experience. We would love to have another opportunity in the future to provide you with the standard of service both you and we expect.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I was visiting my son who is a junior at trinity university. I had planned on staying for 2 days but when he became sick I needed
To stay for a week. The hotel
Was so accommodating and kind.
I had to move rooms, they gave me a great rate. I love the service
And the hotel. Thank you for your kindness during a stressful time.
See you at the end of October.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's kind and accommodating staff. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you in October.
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I was staying at the Hyatt Regency for a conference I was attending and the location was perfect with everything I need a very short walk away. No need to rent a car, just have a cab drop you off and walk the rest of the time here. When I first stepped into my room the TV had some trendy music playing and a personalized welcome message displaying (nice touch). Later that day I received an email from the hotels management (automated I assume) asking me how my stay was going and how they could make it better. Not being shy and with some free time on my hands, I responded to the email with several things I loved about the hotel and a few suggestions for improvement. My only two complaints were about the shower head (which was a low-flow head - a personal pet peeve of mine). I also mentioned the $5 bottles of water being a bit excessive. My second day in the hotel I attended the conference all afternoon, and during a break, I returned to my room to find a nice surprise. The had delivered some fancy chips with guac and four types of salsa (as well as 4 bottles of free water). And the next morning when I showered I was stunned to discover they had actually swapped out the shower head with a brand new one. This all took place only a few hours after my email, which I assumed would just go into a mass survey system. The staff in this hotel go above and beyond. It is not very often that I take the time to write a review, but I was so blown away by their service I had to share my experience. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank bengstr
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your business trip to San Antonio. We are pleased to know that you found our level of customer service amazing and that you would recommend our Hyatt Regency location. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon!
UK
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A typical large group hotel, very impersonal, adequate in an excellent position. The lobby waterfalls are beautiful
The security systems were very irritating, having to use the room key in the lift was annoying as they did not always work . We changed ours twice.
The hotel stands directly on the River Walk which is gorgeous but we did see a couple of nasty incidents at night. Obviously this was no reflection on the hotel but concerning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for this review. We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the location on the Riverwalk. We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.
Dallas
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I just stayed a night at the Hyatt on the riverwalk and I was very impressed with the renovations. Growing up we stayed there because of its location on the riverwalk. It was a very nice hotel but then they built the Grand Hyatt so I liked the "new" hotel. They were sold out this trip so I stayed at the old hotel and it was very nice. Everything has been updated! We had late night room service and the food was great! I will definitely stay here again and the cost was about $75 less than the Grand Hyatt. To be honest now that they have updated I will stay here from now on because it truly is one of the best locations on the riverwalk!

• Stayed September 2013
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our rennovated Riverwalk property during your trip back to San Antonio! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you back at the Hyatt Regency soon!