“Great View”

GreenLeadersSilver level
PA
“Great View”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

A lovely hotel, nicely decorated for Christmas. Our room overlooked Alamo Plaza. We had wonderful view of the holiday lights on the Plaza, which stay on from dusk til dawn. A very nice room with plenty of closet and drawer space. We normally do not ask for restaurant recommendations, using TripAdvisor, but the concierge at our hotel gave us a few great tips. All of the hotel staff were friendly and courteous.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the view of the holiday lights from your room! We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We had a conference and San Antonio for which we stayed at the Marriott Rivercenter. We did 3 days of vacation first. We had a deal with they Hyatt Regency, so we did our vacation part there. It's a nice enough hotel and all, but the rooms are a classic example of form over function. They look nice, but they're very impractical. For example, only two relatively small dresser drawers and no night stand drawers. When you open the closet it blocks off the rest of the room entirely. The mini frig was nice.

Service was fine. The Marriott was a lot better.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize that the functionality of your room was not to your standard. We will take this information into consideration for future guestroom updates.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last year I wrote a negative review of the Hyatt and now, I am happy to say they have totally improved. Each nightstand now has two USB ports and two plugs! There is a list of all the things the hotel will provide: If you forgot to bring a phone charger, they will lend or sell you one. If you want a lighted makeup mirror, they will lend you or sell you one. Anything you can think of they will lend or sell you. And of course the rooms are stunning and right on the Riverwalk!

Room Tip: View of the Riverwalk rooms are premium priced because you can watch the Xmas boat parade. Rooms fa...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PlaneTruth18
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our property and decided to give the Hyatt Regency another chance. We hope to see you again in the future!
Gainesville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed in a few hotels in my time, so it pleases me to say that the staff of the Hyatt Regency on the Riverwalk was a standout for NICE people! This is what service is all about. It reminded me of the old days when the Ritz Carlton hotels were so unique in that every response was about my pleasure. Would you send the bellman up please? It's my pleasure sir. Could you connect me with in room dining? It's my pleasure! Not everyone learned from that business model but Hyatt has. And what a wonderful suite! Views from the bedroom to the dining room were lovely. Very helpful and cheerful staff made the short stay a plus. Thanks!

Room Tip: A corner suite is far from the elevator but gives you lovely views of River and town.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for this great review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property during your trip to San Antonio. We appreciate your feedback and great compliments and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Miami
Reviewed 23 November 2013

This place was very clean, quiet, modern, and comfortable. I went for a business 3 day trip and found it to be perfect and accomodating- right on the Riverwalk, and walking distance from the conference center. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here for 4 days for business. The hotel is very conveniently located near the convention center as well as all the shops, restaurants, and night life on the river walk. The staff is courteous and efficient. Check in and check out was done expeditiously with no hassles whatsoever. The rooms are well designed, fashionable, very comfortable, and have a great view of the city. The cleaning staff do a thorough job, and remake the room before afternoon. The open hotel atrium concept is breathtaking.

If I had to quibble, it would be with my experience at the Q Bar. I ordered 2 beers and Nachos. The bartender is not very skilled at pouring draft beer which was demonstrated by the 2 inch head on my drafts. However, the Nachos were gigantic and decadently delicious. I ate just a 3rd of the dish. That said, when I asked the bartender to box up my food, he brought me the containers for me to do it myself. The breakfast buffet experience was much better though. There were many different items to choose from, and I enjoyed eggs with a Tex Mex spin.

I would highly recommend staying at this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the location of our property along with the design of the hotel and rooms. We look forward to your next trip to the Alamo City!
Fremont, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Not something I would normally stay because of the price, but was able to get it for the conference rate. Hotel was clean and well maintained; room is nicely updated; staff was very friendly. One nice touch was the fridge in the room. One negative would be the noise...I could hear next door neighbor taking shower, or the revelers down at Riverwalk. Didn't try out the restaurant/bar, but seemed to be popular with guests. I went to check out the skypool but it was closed because of maintenance and it does not look like it would open any time soon. Did use the gym and it was clean and well-equipped. My room has a nice view of the Riverwalk below and Tower of America at a distance. No free wifi, but that's pretty much in-line with the $5 bottle water. One thing...if you have fear of height; DO NOT LOOK DOWN...

Green Features: I did not notice anything that's geared towards "GREEN". I guess the showerhead is water-saving?
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!