“Right on the river, easy walking” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency San Antonio
Ranked #20 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Right on the river, easy walking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here on business with a large group and trade show at the convention center. The rooms are very nice, though a bit on the small size. My room looked toward the river walk, from inside the atrium. Nice large TV with high definition cable channels. Very nice to have a small refrigerator for my things instead of stocked with expensive drinks and candy. Very comfortable bed. From my perspective, the room had most everything you would expect and was clean. Service was good where I used it, in general I had no issues with any of the staff. This location is real good, right on the river walk. Its a great area to walk around and enjoy the sights. It did look like a hard place to have a vehicle though, so I chose not to rent a car and I'm glad I didn't. The bar has a few craft beers which is nice. I did not eat at the restaurants, so I can't offer anything there.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade.
Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fusebuddy
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for this kind review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our property’s Riverwalk location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Northfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

From the minute my husband and I arrived at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk, we were amazed at the quality of staff that we encountered. This included parking attendants, check-in, concierge, bar staff, and the lovely young lady who stopped by our table later in the evening at the bar to see how we were doing. Everyone was so friendly that it stood out to us.

We had a room overlooking the river (#210). It should be pointed out that a lower floor room is the ideal location for the River view as you can look "out" at the view and not "down". Our room was perfect and the bed was extremely comfortable. Not one complaint other than we were entitled to a free breakfast but had to leave early in the morning to catch our flight home.

The location on the Riverwalk was excellent and close to everything. If you can, take the boat ride. It only lasts around 40 minutes but well worth it for the small price of approx. $8.00/pp and there is ramp for pickup fairly close to the Hyatt.

Depending on the day and time of year you go, it could be considered a bit pricey but well worth it in terms of service, location, etc. We would definitely return to the Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk without hesitation.

Room Tip: Lower rooms for River view allow you to look "out" rather than "down" to enjoy t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next trip to San Antonio.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked the hotel via Priceline in December. Our confirmation was to be staying at the Hyatt Regency in downtown San Antonio. However, upon arriving, they stated that we had to move to the Grand Hyatt due to overbooking after I had taken all my belongings out of the truck to check in. Stated they tried calling me, but I had no phone calls from them. They also said I would be reimbursed for one night for my troubles. After moving to the other hotel, we were put in the smallest room which was not what I was expecting. They then put us in a room that had a wall bed and a couch. At this point, I was so tired and just wanted to shower and rest. We checked in around 3:30 p.m. After showering, I laid down to rest, but unfortunately for me, I could not due to the loud construction noise happening right below us. I could also hear every door slam on the floor and the person using the facilities in the next room. After being there approximately 2 hours, my family and I checked out and paid for a room at another hotel. This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had. The staff was unapologetic and really did not care that I was leaving or tried to find out what was wrong. I never expected to have this much trouble on my trip. I would never recommend staying at any of your hotels in the future. If they do not wish to honor the reservations that are made through Priceline, then do not offer the hotel. Seems to me that this is just a big scam in order to fill the hotel that no one wants to occupy because of the construction.

Room Tip: Don't book any Hyatt Hotel downtown San Antonio.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank lavaquerra2
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay with us. Please accept a sincere apology from our team in regards to your visit. We would love to make things right and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to provide you with the service both you and we expect.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

This was my first stay at the Hyatt Riverwalk in San Antonio and I was in town for a short conference. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite and it had a balcony. It was odd because the balcony faced into the hotel atrium and not to the outside. That was disappointing and kind of useless really.

The room was comfortable and well maintained but the hotel décor was dark and bland overall. The atmosphere just seemed old and heavy overall probably because of all the dark colors and dark hallways.

The hotel is right on the riverwalk surrounded by restaurants and plenty of places to walk around. The conference space on the ballroom level is nice because it’s open air to the rest of the hotel so that makes you feel less trapped and enclosed.

If I were in the area again I probably would stay at one of the small, upscale boutique hotels which is just my personal preference.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony face inside the hotel atrium - Not outside
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's meeting space and convenient location on the Riverwalk. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and hope to see you in the future.
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I got the room at a great price, at checkin the offered an upgrade (room with a view).. my too looked in on the Atrium... not the worst of views. The room is excellent, with an extremely comfortable bed. Two minor quibbles the phone did not work (turned out later that is was plugged in wrong) and the clock next to the bed had the wrong time (it seemed impossible to set the correct time, despite me asking several times).

The hotel is located on the river walk and you can walk out of the hotel at the river walk level and be right where all the restaurants are. The Alamo is less then 5 minutes walking. there is an Einstein Bro's agh the lobby level so you can get an inexpensive breakfast.

The staff was very friendly and was able to help with almost every question I had (except the clock). Now my biggest complained was that the parcels are handled by Fedex and Fedex is charging you by the weight. I ended up paying $135 for handling fee for 8 parcels. I am ok paying a small holding fee but I do thing this charge is excessive. Also if there are more then 2 people in a room you will be charged for the 3rd, 4th person.

At a $150 I got a great rate...

The good:
Location, facilities

The not so good:
Charges for parcels

Room Tip: If you want a view it's available as an upgrade
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's comfortable beds and friendly staff. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Yes, THANK YOU LAUREN..!!!!!!!

We had made our reservations at this Hyatt Regency through their toll free number and requested the city view rooms, so that we could see the fireworks from our room.

Upon arrival, we were given the Alamo view which for this occasion did not suit us well, as i requested another set of rooms from this particular from desk associate, I got nothing but excuses as the hotel is sold out, maybe later he might be able to do something etc...

Well, we went to our Alamo view rooms, and we knew, NO, DID NOT LIKE IT....!!!

So i returned to the front desk, avoiding the original front desk agent, and was waited on by Lauren. In less than 90seconds, she had told me that there were two rooms coming up on the city side, and would be available in about 2hours, rooms 1076 & 1078.

True to her word, she called us and said rooms are ready....

The four of us, enjoyed watching the New Years Eve fireworks from our rooms.....

Lauren, without knowing it, made a stage 4 cancer patient very ~ very happy.....thus the reason for my posting. Yes, the hotel was busy, and yes, you had to take an elevator going up to go down, but hey, after all, it was New Years, and hotels are packed...

Rooms were clean, with a great view, room service great, and staff was great also......

BTW, This is my favorite hotel in San Antonio.....

Room Tip: City view rooms also give you a view of the Riverwalk.....ours were rooms 1076 & 1078
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie C, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the guest rooms and the great service Lauren provided. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Grafton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

Great location right on the Riverwalk! Close to lots of restaurants, bars, shops, and the Alamo! Arturo, an individual from room service, went above and beyond by going to get me tea and honey upon hearing I had a sore throat.