“Good location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gosport
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location for exploring the riverwalk and very central for most of the attractions. The room was comfortable but there were very limited TV channels. The bar was expensive but had a good atmosphere . We stayed for only 3 days and then changed to a different hotel because the roof top pool was extremely small and after a hot day of sightseeing I like to have a refreshing swim. All in all it was OK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie D, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's Riverwalk location. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My room was not cleaned until late afternoon, which is usually fine with me but for the price of the stay I felt that the room should have been cleaned sooner. I was in San Antonio for business and the NBA finals game 1 was during my last night. Made for a great atmosphere in the area however, there was apparently some retired NBA athletes staying at the hotel which is fine, I've been at hotels where NFL players have stayed it's not a big deal. I was at the bar on the last night of my stay when a rude security detail police officer threatened to arrest me for being around these apparent players who were at a public bar - by around them I mean at least 20 feet away. He was in plain clothes and flashed his silver badge on his belt buckle as if that was to scare me. The hotel was not apologetic for the rude threatening behavior of this officer and they did nothing for me. It is unacceptable to me to be threatened at a hotel that you are staying at to be arrested for being under the influence at THEIR bar. A bar is a public place where people go to relax & mingle. This police officer was using Texas state law as a means for harassment because he could not otherwise TELL me to go to my hotel room, clearly over the top and unnecessary - I will not visit this state again either.

If these other guests were so concerned about being around other people they should have relaxed at a private location rather than the bar. They could have easily blocked off the breakfast/dining area and nobody would walk near them. I will never stay at another hyatt as they did nothing to make this situation better while I was trying to enjoy my last evening in San Antonio.

Room Tip: I will never recommend staying at a Hyatt to anyone.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stag123
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The hotel is in a great location for exploring San Antonio for the first time or for any events near or on the Riverwalk. If you are looking for R & R, head to the Hyatt resort just outside of town. We were in an Atrium Suite and it was just okay. Plenty of space but it was dark as no light comes in because your balcony overlooks the Atrium. Low ceilings for a suite and bathroom was just a typical room bathroom rather than a suite bathroom. I understand the suites are in the process of being updated and they need to be. All members of the hotel staff we encountered were excellent. Loved the Einstein's in the lobby. There is a newer Hyatt that is at the other end of the Riverwalk. We will probably try there next time. More modern, suites have actual river views, just as close to the mall, and you avoid the traffic because it is closer to interstate access. Overall, this hotel was a typical Hyatt property. Nothing special but it's location and excellent staff.

Room Tip: We had a free upgrade to the Atrium Suite. It was nice for the extra space but I wouldn't pay e...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheTravelAddicts
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's excellent staff. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was here on business and I would definetley stay here again, hopefully for pleasure . The staff is very well trained and friendly especially "Yasi". She checked me in with a beautiful smile and suggest a spot for dinner on the river after suggesting the hotel restaurant first. She even called the next day and left a nice message in my room to see if there was anything I needed! Great location and beautiful hotel! Walls are very thin, I could hear everything the people next to me where talking about, but overall a great hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi Alex, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's location and helpful staff. We appreciate your comments and suggestions and look forward to seeing you soon!
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is located right on the RiverWalk, where it feels like you have taken a vacation abroad. From the shops, eateries and historical sights --I highly recommend this hotel when visiting SA. The staff was extremely welcoming and hospitable. Everyone was smiling and making the whole experience wonderful. Thank you!

Room Tip: This was the 2nd time I have stayed at this hotel. There are cool rooms looking over the Atrium but...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie D, Manager at Hyatt Regency San Antonio, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We enjoyed reading your feedback and are happy to hear you had a fantastic hotel experience during your stay with us! We look forward to having you during your next trip to San Antonio.
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just stayed at this hotel for a one night getaway and I loved everythig about it. The location is outstanding, you can step out directly onto the Riverwalk through one door from the lower level lobby area and directly to the Alamo through another door. Great hangout spots within the hotel and nearby, if you like to dance the night away; the Kremlin nightclub is only steps away. My room was modern and clean with very comfortable beds, the refrigerator is the best of any hotel I've stayed in. The Duty Manager Leah is awesome, I love when hotel staff members are friendly, it adds to the stay in such a great way; could not ask for more. The location and staff have raised the bar so high for me, I doubt I would want to stay any place else on my next visit to San Antonio.

Keep up the good work Hyatt. See you soon!

Room Tip: Book a Riverwalk or Alamo view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Versailles2011
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel's friendly staff during your stay with us! We look forward to having you during your next trip to San Antonio.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have never submitted a hotel review before (and I travel a lot), but just had to warn fellow travelers about the NOISE in this hotel. The walls are so amazingly thin that you will hear EVERY word spoken in the next room. And, yes, the noise emanating from the bar area is intolerable, as well. Also, the channel selections on the tv are inadequate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian T
Hi Brian, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We apologize that the hotel's accommodations were not to your standard. We will take this information into consideration for future updates. We hope to see you again in the future.