Omni La Mansion del Rio
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
US$136
US$171
US$165
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$361
US$314
Travelocity
4,211 results
All reviewsthe rivershared balconylas canarias restaurantfrench doorsostrabeautiful hotelturn down serviceriverwalk viewvalet parkingbalcony roomperfect locationthe san antonio riverwalkhistoric buildingvalet servicefitness centerper dayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in January 2013 while I was in town for a class for work. I was concerned about how it would be based on the price I was paying. However, this turned out to be a fantastic place to stay. Every staff member I dealt with was extremely helpful, beginning with the bellman who assisted me with bringing my luggage to the room. He offered to have a fridge and microwave delivered since I would be staying several nights. They arrived moments later. My room was beautiful, and I enjoyed the turn-down service and special touch of placing "worry dolls" on the bed. The weather was a bit too chilly to use the outdoor pool, but it looked very nice. The fitness center is located in a neighboring hotel just across the river, which at first I thought was a bit inconvenient...but when I saw it I realized it is well worth the very short walk. It was beautiful, clean, and had great equipment. The nicest hotel fitness center I've ever used. The hotel's location right on the riverwalk was great.
I don't have anything bad to say about this hotel...I had a fantastic stay and was a great value for the price I paid. They definitely exceeded my expectations. The only tip I would give travelers is if you have a vehicle, unless you will be going in and out multiple times per day do not use the valet parking. At $35 per day I felt it very expensive. There is a city ramp directly across the street for $9 per night. I used this ramp all week and it worked out great.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I ever find myself in San Antonio again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kathleen M
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

We are delighted to receive your feedback and that your stay was so fantastic. We do hope to see you at the Omni La Mansion del Rio again upon your return to San Antonio.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Our trip was in January 2013 apparently during a really cold spell they were not accustom to. There was some issue trying to keep the conference rooms warms enough without wearing our winter coats all day, and the hallways on the first floor were extremely cold. Great location if you're planning on staying with the Riverwalk area. The hotel is tastefully decorated for the region, and the staff are extremely courteous and helpful. We had a room on the first floor with 2 double beds, table and 2 chairs (though only 1 chair would fit at the table), HD TV (though they didn't offer even 1 movie channel for free). Wifi was available if you wanted to pay for it? There was also a bar in the room, but the "refreshments and snacks" were way too expensive. Our room was also quite noisy since we were located next to the tiled walkway which people use to get to other floors, and we could hear their luggage rolling as they walked by. (made it hard to get to sleep) The bathroom was very unkept - not what I would expect for an Omni. There was mold around the tub surrounding and though I didn't get a picture, there was a hole in our bathtub. Molding was cracked from moisture, and the granite counter had a large crack down the middle. The corners of the floor had not been cleaned and had dirt and dust built up. I believe it's overpriced for what you get, but you can beat the location. I have pictures to share, but this site is not letting me upload them - if I can later I will post.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the pool courtyard on the first floor, they are too noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank booknurse

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear your stay overall was so enjoyable and we appreciate your feedback. We apologize for the aspects of your stay and the condition of your room that missed the mark and we are following up with our engineering and housekeeping staff to investigate and address. We do hope you choose the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel again for future stays and once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Omni. My husband and I took a little getaway to San Antonio and used Priceline to pick a hotel for us. We, of course, wanted a four star for a reasonable price. We got the Omni for $80.00 a night. We loved it. The hotel was very attractive and charming with the decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very attractive and comfortable. Slept so good in the bed. Nice TV. When signed up for Select Guest Program we got free wi fi and complimentary morning beverages brought to our room both days. Nice touch. Room was somewhat small that did not bother us. I wished I had spent the extra $50 for the Riverwalk view but didn't so had a view of the swimming pool area which was also charming. In January, not much use though. Room service typical fare for expensive prices. Husband had the chicken strips which came with a fruit bowl for $17 which was worth it for the convenience of staying in room. The on site restaurant was good but pricey. Had breakfast buffet for $20 each. This hotel is right on the Riverwalk so you walk out of the hotel on you are there. Loved the Riverwalk just to walk and people watch. Lots and lots and lots of high priced restaurants. There was a battle of the bands at the outdoor theater when we went so free music was a nice touch. Check out was done by putting bill under door so that saved time and when we came downstairs, we requested a taxi and it appeared in seconds. We felt like real VIPs at the Omni. Loved it and hope to return and stay again some day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvtotravelAtlanta
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

Thank you for your review and we are delighted you chose to spend your weekend getaway with us at the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel. We are glad you were able to enjoy so many aspects of San Antonio and the riverwalk right outside our front steps and thrilled to hear that you felt like VIPs! We definitely look forward to seeing you again the next time you are ready for a San Antonio getaway and once again, we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at La Mansion del Rio over New Years and we loved our stay. We booked a AAA Rio package (which included a riverview, wifi, buffet breakfasts and tickets for the river taxi). We didn't rent a car for this trip, because we planned to keep to the downtown San Antonio tourist sites. If you do some research, you will find that all of the parking in downtown San Antonio is priced at a premium, so we decided to go without. We didn't miss a car for our short trip. For a longer stay, we would definitely have rented a car, because there is much to see in the San Antonio area.
We found the Spanish colonial ambience of La Mansion charming, and exactly what we were looking for. Our room had a king sized bed, full bath, wifi, stocked mini bar and also a second small refrigerator (for whatever we wanted to put in it). It faced the riverwalk (beautifully lit for Christmas) and was lovely. We were on the fifth floor with a shared balcony, and so we were also able to view the fireworks display put on by the city of San Antonio on New Years Eve. It was wonderful to be able to view the fireworks and not have to walk back to the hotel afterward. We were close to the excitement of all the restaurants and clubs further down the riverwalk, but found our room quiet and enjoyed more than enough privacy. From the hotel, we were able to walk to the Alamo, La Villita, and the Tower of the Americas. Directly across the river were some wonderful restaurants. It was also a short trolley ride over to the Mercado. We absolutely had a great time!
For those people who complain, it's true, La Mansion isn't the most modern hotel on the riverwalk, but that's WHY we booked it. I can stay at the Hyatt, or the Holiday Inn or a Motel 6 in most any big city in America (and generally you won't be able to tell what city you're in). La Mansion is unique and has a gracious style and sense of history that you don't find everywhere. It was perfect setting for a romantic trip for two. We will return because we loved everything about this hotel!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cinemenke
John W, General Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

On behalf of our caring associates, I sincerely thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel, and for so eloquently describing La Mansion del Rio. Our mission is to deliver a memorable experience, in one of America's unique cities, by providing attentive, gracious service in a setting that truly represents San Antonio’s Spanish colonial heritage. We certainly are not a “cookie cutter” style hotel, and for that we are immensely proud. We look forward to welcoming you back to the river when plans call for a return to San Antonio.

Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 riverview side by side rooms (connected by a balcony) for our family of 4. Ideally, the hotel would have a 2 bedroom suite (1 king, 2 dbles), or at least a room with 2 kings or 2 queens. Because it doesn't, our family stay added up to $1k for 2 nights in the rooms. I will say the riverview rooms were beautiful (and very quiet with the drapes closed). The weekend buffet breakfast is amazing!! From the gourmet selections to the layout to the service, it couldn't have been better.
The hotel is very conveniently located, has a fabulous restaurant and excellent service. An improvement in the room options would be the final touch!

• Stayed: December 2012
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear that overall you found our rooms beautiful and Las Canarias to be so amazing. Unfortunately our property does not feature one room that includes multiple king and queen beds but we are happy to hear this was not a major hindrance to your stay. We do hope to see you again very soon!