“Omni San Antonio is Amazing!!!!!!!”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #21 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Clearwater Beach, FL
“Omni San Antonio is Amazing!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel was exceptional. We were celebrating 2 birthday's and at check-in, we were told we would receive a room upgrade. Beautiful room with a river view. 2 balconies. Amazing. The staff also left a complimentary, delicious chocolate torte cake in our room! Fantastic. Staff, service, room, breakfast, view of river walk, Alamo 2 blocks away, Majestic Theatre 1 block away...all perfect!!!!!!!

1 Thank Share M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Arabic first
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We booked last minute and loved this hotel, as we drive in to the car park we were advised that we could either park at the hotel for$35 a night or just across the road for $10 a night (although note they charge each time you come and go). We decided on the cheaper option so Kevin took our luggage and said he'd look after it until we've checked in. He then brought the luggage to our room and was really lovely to chat too! He then said he'd tell my dad what room were in once he'd finished parking the door. It started our experience of the Omni off to a great start. Room was large, clean and gorgeous with balcony, we didn't have a river view but it wAs still great none the less. It's literally right on the river with so many restaurants and bars to choose from. Apparently the hotel used to be an old school house which just adds to its charm and character. Pool is a tiny courtyard pool, but with so much to see and do we didn't have a chance to use it. It's a shame for the price that breakfast is not included but overall it was a great stay and a great weekend away. Love San Antonio!! :)

Room Tip: A river walk view would of been nice, but judging by people's comments about noise it may be bet...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca M
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel before!! We love it. They took an old building and made it a great place to visit. The staff is really friendly and always ready to help!! The rooms are clean and if you get a river walk side of the hotel, you will have a great time watching people on the river walk from above. The elevators are a little slow, but relax and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Higher levels less view, but maybe less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Over all it's not a hotel i think i would stay at again.. I love the view the location. But the service or requests were just not what i expected and this is after calling multiple times to comfirm everything just to make sure evertyhing was perfect and still it wasnt

Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

If you're going to see a play at the Majestic, this hotel is right around the corner! Also, the back of the hotel is on the River Walk which is very convenient. The staff was very friendly. I enjoyed the dinner, but the best meal was at the Sunday brunch! Their homemade granola is superb (made with Agave nectar!).The valet parking was 35.00, but the service was very good, so I felt like it was worth it. I'll be back!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Clyde, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Omni is a great place for a weekend stay on the Riverwalk. The location is perfect and the service by the staff is top notch. Our room overlooked the Riverwalk which was a nice touch. The hotel is very easy to find and valet parking made it a easy check arrival.

Perry, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Room 500 - Apparently is a VIP room (thought this was a joke at first, then learned it wasn't). There were several strands of long and very dark hair stuck to the back wall of the shower and a shorter dark hair on the corner of the fitted sheet when I went to check the bed. I didn't check the rest of the bed as that was enough after the shower. (None of the hair was mine.) I reported this & was asked if I wanted to change rooms, I wasn't sure yet. Then I found a plastic clothing tag on the bathroom counter and decided to change rooms because I wasn't sure what else I would find. I called the front again & George came right up with new room keys. This was when I learned I was in a VIP room. George was very helpful and even offered to hold my original room for me after it was cleaned. That evening when I returned to my room there was champagne & strawberries for my 24th wedding anniversary and the following evening there was a fruit bowl & water from the head of housekeeping apologizing for my original room. Both items were very thoughtful and much appreciated. I was satisfied with my second room. I certainly appreciated everything the staff did for me after my first room wasn't clean. They truly did all they could. I ordered the morning beverage both days. The first day it was on time, spot on in fact. The second day it arrived 30 minutes early along with my bill. I was up, so it wasn't terrible, but if I hadn't been awake I wouldn't have been too happy. On the morning of my last day is when the staff issue occurred. After the morning beverage arrived early, I'm trying to get ready for the day, pack and get to my first conference session on time when there is a knock at the door at 8:25. I go to the door and there is a female staff member who is shocked that I answer the door. I open the door and all she can say is she will come back later. She had nothing with her & I don't know why she was there. She kept stumbling over words and never gave a reason why she was at my door. I told her I would be checking out that day. That is when she final asked if I needed any shampoo or anything like that. When I answered the door I am fully dressed, make up on, hair done and she asks if I need shampoo or anything like that...really??? Give me a break, why did she need in my room? I don't know. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't read her name tag, but she left and I put the privacy tag on the door. I also left the T.V. on and came back to finish packing in between conference sessions. Several people told me she probably wanted to clean. I just didn't believe that since she had nothing with her to clean, never would say why she was there and it was 8:25 a.m. Made me wonder how often the staff had been in my room for no reason during my staff. I just didn't like the way this encounter made me feel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business