“Texas visited”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #24 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A carachter hotel with excellent amenities and with friendly efficient staff. Location is excellent as the rear backs on to the Riverwalk with plenty bars and a wide choice oif restaurants. Rooms are pleasant with everything required for a pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (4,090)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of a trip to San Antonio for a wedding. This was the hotel used by family and friends of the couple. The hotel is directly on the River Walk. The staff were very friendly and competent. The room, while not large, was very clean and comfortable. The closet was somewhat small for a couple with the several changes of clothes a wedding and surrounding events requires. However, this was a very minor factor. La Mansion Del Rio is not a newer hotel. However, it is very well maintained. Our room was very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. Everything worked as it should and the service was excellent. Some of our party complained about noisy neighbors coming in well after mid-night and hall doors slamming for a couple of hours. This was not a problem for us, but it must be remembered where this hotel is located-on the River Walk, where not only does the river flow freely but the alcohol as well. My only criticism would be the $31 a day valet parking. That is a bit steep, but I paid it for the security of hotel parking. Overall, we very much enjoyed our stay. If you wish to experience San Antonio's River Walk, this is a very good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Lucie A, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear John H.,

We are so glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience in our home.

We take a lot of pride in the service we provide and are happy to hear you felt our hospitality professionals were both friendly and competent.

Our housekeeping team works very hard to keep our historic home in tip top shape therefore also very glad to see that you experienced some of our best work in cleanliness.

On your next visit, please do not hesitate to request a room with a larger closet or larger room in general. Due to the fact that we are a hotel dating back to 1968 with portions dating even further to 1852, we have over 30 different room types.

We look forward to welcoming you back to San Antonio on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We always enjoy staying here as it is so close to the restaurants we like on the Riverwalk. The hotel is always clean and comfortable and the service is very good. We never have to wait long once we call for the car either. We will continue to stay here when visiting San Antonio.

Dear MaccaFan1,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel.

Your feedback on the cleanliness have been shared with our Housekeeping team and they simply could not be happier to hear their hard work is not in vein.

We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to San Antonio.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went on a quick girls getaway to San Antonio for the first time. Myself and a friend (20s).

The hotel: Did not disappoint. This hotel lived up to its' Omni reputation. Upon arrival, the hotel's architecture had me feeling like I was transported to a part of Europe. The ride to the hotel from the airport via taxi was no more than 15 minutes (no traffic). The front desk staff / concierge were very friendly. Everything was in working order in the room. You may notice it's a bit dark upon entry, but that's probably due to the drapes. I stayed in a double bed room and felt it was more than enough room to accommodate two people. The real draw to this hotel is its proximity to attractions. Extra thanks goes out to Omar at the Omni. He was extremely helpful with suggestion points of interest and making reservations. A great example of an employee that went out of his way to make guests feel comfortable.

The area: The best part of this hotel is the back door literally leaves you on San Antonio's riverwalk. The riverwalk has numerous bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops lined along it. This hotel is about a +/-10 minute walk to the Tower of Americas and the Alamo. The bell staff are really great about getting taxis should you need one. Downtown is very walker friendly.

Summary:

+ Great concierge, bell staff

+ Clean

+ Fantastic location
, felt safe walking around
- Can get a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I chose this hotel to stay in for a weekend to celebrate his sisters wedding. This was my first experience with San Antonio and the staff made sure it was a great one. From the frond desks staff to Harold at the bar, we had a great time! We stayed in a room that was close to the elevator - which was a little loud at night- but that was awesome because the balcony was on the river walk! The staff was very friendly and really went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. Our room was also really great complete with great amenities, a comfy bed and good climate control. My last "shout out" has to go to the valet team. They were very personable and did a great job! I would highly recommend this hotel - not only for its historic charm but also for the top notch service. Well done!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beachelise
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a first class property all the way. I am a San Antonio local, but, my kids wanted to stay down town at the River Walk so I booked at Omni La Mansion.

The front desk staff was amazing, friendly and professional. I was pleased to see that because they would definitely give folks a great impression of San Antonio.

The room was beautiful and incredibly clean and well equipped. The amenities were top notch and holy cow the bed was comfortable. My son asked if we could have the bell man load the bed up in the car to take home!

All in all, I would recommend a River Walk View room! Although, I got the impression that you just really could not go wrong in any room.

Room Tip: River View room was AMAZING!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2013

There was a rat in my room. Housekeeping came to the room to try and find the rat but it was gone. When I checked out an hour later the front desk staff, asked about my visit. When I told them about the rat they said,"sorry". Their suggestion for my next stay was to stay on the second floor because rats can't climb stairs. My suggestion is to move hotels.

1  Thank Amy R

Dear Amy R.,

We sincerely apologize about the disturbing incident while a guest in our home.

Please know this is something that is not typical of our hotel. I understand our Director of Engineering has tried to make contact with you. If you have anything else you would like for me to assist with, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly.