“Perfect city break”

Ranked #22 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Perfect city break”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We chose the Omni due to its central location and because it looked a little different to other hotels in the area. We were absolutely delighted! Fantastic location, staff and ambience. We were visiting to celebrate my birthday and the staff went above and beyond (a delicious chocolate cake, handwritten card and upgrade to a room with a river view) to make it special for us. Our children were particularly thrilled with the milk and cookies they were treated to every evening! The room was spacious, comfortable and clean and the bathroom well-stocked with fresh towels and toiletries. We parked in the public garage over the road which was convenient and less expensive than at the hotel. Highly recommend and we would return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Arabic first
Austin, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is my second stay and I will be back again. It's such a lovely hotel, right on the Riverwalk, with excellent service. Spacious rooms, well equipped bathrooms, and everything is very clean! I'm the type that will make them come in and re-clean if the room is not to my standards, and I've never had to do that at La Mansion. The restaurants provide a great breakfast. I especially like the buffet at Ostra. We booked a package with spa services and had a happy relaxing weekend. The Mokara spa is wonderful, highly recommended! I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Conroe, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The Omni Del Rio is a spectacular place to stay on the River Walk in San Antonio. The staff and the facilities are both marvelous. The price for what we got was also very reasonable. TINY gripes: the workout facilities are not on property and the self-parking price was understated when we originally inquired.

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This hotel needs a major update - it is small, pretentious and has nothing to write home about. Double beds in DARK room - lighting was terrible - it was one of the ugliest $400/night room I have ever seen.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Bryan D, Director of Sales at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Please know that we take all comments both good and bad very seriously and strive to correct issues as soon as we are made aware as well as provide the best customer service. We regret that your experience was less than you expected. I also want to note that our property is different, in a good way, from others in San Antonio. We are the historic location of St. Mary’s Catholic School, with the building that houses our lobby being built in 1852. In fact, the hotel is a Hacienda style building, which means we have corridors and courtyards on either side of the parking garage. The hotel is designed to feel like a Spanish hacienda and represents the cultural landscape of San Antonio and the Paseo del Rio better than any other hotel in our city. It also allows us to have beautiful courtyards and the best views of the riverwalk in town. We truly regret that we missed the mark in delivering you an authentic San Antonio experience, and commit that we will continue to work at improving our service and friendliness to achieve our goal of exceeding our guest’s expectations.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I live in Austin and this was my first time in San Antonio. The property is older, but is well maintained and clean. Hotel staff I had contact with were genuinely friendly & service orientated. My 6th floor room was spacious and well furnished. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel's proximity to the River Walk and the Alamo made it a breeze to walk to nearby tourist sights and restaurants.

I enjoyed relaxing in the bar, and breakfasting in the restaurant - the huevos rancheros dish was excellent.

I did have one problem though, I chose to stay in one night, do room service and watch a movie, room service was prompt and the order was correct. Unfortunately the Lodgenet video quality was extremely poor. I mentioned this to the young lady from room service, she promptly called someone and an engineer was supposed to come to my room - they never did. Oh well, one poor experience and $16.99...

I do plan to return to San Antonio and will be staying again at the Omni La Mansion del Rio - I just won't do the in-room movie.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I don't know why you'd stay anywhere else if you want to be in town! The service here is absolutely top-notch. The building is beautiful and historic, and backs up onto the Riverwalk, near the boat landing for the scenic river tours. Just a couple minutes' walk to the Alamo as well. The parking garage at the hotel is out of control - valet ONLY for $35/night, but the self-parking facility across the street is $9/night and the hotel staff is perfectly happy to tell you so. My only caveat - I've stayed here twice, and I'm 0 for 2 with the concierge's restaurant recommendations. Both times, their suggestions were flops. You're better off checking out Yelp or similar.

Room Tip: The view of the Riverwalk is lovely, but it will be noisy! If you prefer a quieter room, ask for a v...