“Rooms are very small”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #22 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I am loyal to Omni. Had I known the room was so small I would have definitely would have choosen another hotel. Our floor had a funky smell. It smelt like someone threw up in the hall way and it was musty and humid on our floor. The concierge was exceptional. He was so helpful and made recommendations to restaurants. Explained to us how to get around the Riverwalk. I wish there were more concierges like him. I think the staff at the Omni is the best. No complaints on the staff.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel prior to it being purchased by Omni and again very recently.
Pro's:
Helpful service
Great restaurant
Great location

Cons:
Rooms are in need of updating. Its long overdue.
Time for a major cleaning. Its not dirty, just not immaculate. $35 dollar per night parking.

During this last trip I booked 2 queens from their website. Once checked in I was told it was actually 2 doubles. Not happy as there were 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 kids. They apologized but went on to say they only had 2 doubles. No upgrade offered.
The beds and linens are dated, as is the carpet, tile, and shower.
Its the same furnishings since ~10 years ago. Once again, not bad, just in need of a spruce up.

My only real complaint is that I asked for a late checkout by an hour or two and was denied. First time I have ever been denied this request. They wouldn't even give me an hour. I was told this was due to the high occupancy but I am here to tell you they were not booked tight. Plenty of space, no lines, no one in the restaurants... not booked tight.

If you want to stay on the river walk and have a good experience, this is just dandy. If you are looking for more, there are several others which are definitely better for the same money.

Room Tip: River walk rooms are noisier but you did come for the river walk right? If not ask for a room overlo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We arrived around 6:30 pm due to many flight issues and were exhausted. Within minutes of arriving to our room, the staff was at our door asking if we needed anything, if they could turn down our bed, and gave us these precious Spanish worry dolls with their history. Our entire stay was full of small but great touches to make us feel pampered and definitely want to stay again!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I really like staying at the Omni La Mansion, this is my fourth time staying there. The hotel staff are very helpful and nice. The hotel is older, but very well maintained. I would recommend the breakfast buffet, very good. Great location!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel and and staff were friendly and welcoming. It felt like home to me. I particularly loved the pm turn-down and morning beverage services. Each night I would come into my room and the room would be welcoming and warm with the TV tuned to soft music videos. I was a calm and relaxing experience. In the morning, my tea would arrive right on time. It was a great way to start the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We decided to stay at the hotel b/c of the location and the type of hotel it was. You are able to step out of the hotel and walk right onto the river walk which is great. We were not able to get a river view room for most of our stay, but still enjoyed the room. We were able to move to a river view room on our last night, but it got cold that night so were weren't able to enjoy it as well. The outdoor pool looked nice, but again not able to use it b/c of the weather. I would recommend this hotel to other.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Beautiful, historic hotel in the best of locations. Exceptional dining and drinking - be sure to get a table on the terrace overlooking the Riverwalk. The staff are all amazing - we had an over-the-top experience from the moment of check in until check out. Do not look any further - THIS is the place to stay in downtown San Antonio!