Omni La Mansion del Rio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Riverside Suites(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
4,211 results
All reviewsthe rivershared balconylas canarias restaurantfrench doorsostrabeautiful hotelturn down serviceriverwalk viewvalet parkingbalcony roomperfect locationthe san antonio riverwalkhistoric buildingvalet servicefitness centerper dayconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Bathroom very unsafe!!!! Flooring in their very slick and shower/Bathtub has no anti slip strips in bottom of tub. Room outdated...out dated hotel. Electrical issues in room. Bathroom not spacious. Staff friendly..restaurant average. Valet a bit slow on retrieving your vehicle. Property is older property.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
John W, General Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Katie:
Allow me to express my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered while our guest. As a historic hotel (the former home of St. Mary's School from 1853 to 1966) our hotel features diverse room layouts with different sized rooms and bathrooms and varied views. All of our rooms share a design theme that reflects the spirit of Colonial Spain. Dark wood, exposed brick, wrought iron, Mexican tile and other traditional materials. We will certainly focus more attention on the tub in the room you occupied. While all of our tubs have anti-slip surfaces, we also place an anti-slip mat in each room for our guests to use if they desire. Our primary goal is to deliver a memorable experience, and I assure you we will use your comments in our training and maintenance plans to continuously improve our hotel.
John R Wallace

Reviewed 17 June 2014

as an Omni honoured guest bottled water was to left in room on first night, this was given on 3rd night after 3 requests. simple requests for back tea and milk for the room was not forthcoming. Brunch was not available to us as one had to book and as a resident this was not made available to us. Staff did not pass on messages

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gary:
Please accept our sincere apologies for the miscommunication regarding the Father's Day Brunch in Las Canarias. We also regret that your Select Guest water was not delivered as expected. Please be assured that we will review your concerns with our team and work to improve our service delivery.
John R Wallace

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great place to stay if you want to be treated like royalty. The staff is amazing. Rooms overlooking the Riverwalk are on the small side, but the staff makes up for any shortcoming in hotel design. Only caution about staying here, RENT a car. Cab fare in SA is expensive!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

overall a great staff in an older setting that challenges the mechanical issues like airconditioners.Good location and service which made the stay very nice.Locatin to the river makes it an easy choice for a good time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had booked this hotel months before my arrival in San Antonio. Two days before my departure to San Antonio I received an invitation to do an early check-in onlin to avoid wasting time on arrival, I was nearly done when I discovered that the price which had been confirmed to be USD 239 per room/night plus taxes had suddenly gone up to USD 289 plus taxes, without any reason given. When I tried to call the hotel I found out that they would not answer calls between midnight and the morning local time. I got so furious that I cancelled this booking, also because there were only six hours left before they would have charged me a room night for late cancellation. Definitely not the way to treat customers, be aware !

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RomaRenato
Lucie A, Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear RomaRenato,

I am so sorry your experience with our booking system went in the wrong direction. I simply do not understand myself why the rate would change. We are a 24 hour operation so to be told that we only take calls between certain times is not true. If you would like to discuss this in detail, please contact me at the hotel directly.

Thank you and once again, my sincere apology for the reservation process failing you and us.

~Lucie