Omni La Mansion del Rio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Wyndham Riverside Suites(San Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Valencia Riverwalk(San Antonio)
  • Restaurant
4,255 results
All reviewsthe rivershared balconylas canarias restaurantfrench doorsostrabeautiful hotelturn down serviceriverwalk viewvalet parkingbalcony roomperfect locationthe san antonio riverwalkhistoric buildingvalet servicefitness centerper dayconcierge
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was our second stay in 30 years and our first impression after all of that time was not what we expected. Self parking was across the street in another parking garage (only valet parking in the hotel at $35.00 a day) and our Premier River View room was too small, but the front desk associate (Yasmin) quickly found us a room that met our expectations turning around a bad experience and she is directly responsible for us have wonderful visit to the hotel. We dined at Ostra and the host (Richard) along with Holly, Jorge, Raul, and other members of the staff were friendly, personable, and above all...helpful. We cannot say enough good things about the staff at the La Mansion, Ostra, and even the Mokara for their kindness and professionalism. We will definitely be returning to San Antonio and we will give every consideration to staying at either the La Mansion or the Mokara. We will definitely be dining at the Ostra.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
John W, General Manager at Omni La Mansion del Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Wizone:
I was so pleased to see that Yasmin, Richard, Holly, Jorge, Raul and other members of our team made your visit to San Antonio a success. Whether at La Mansion, or Mokara we look forward to welcoming you back.
John Wallace

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Rooms seemed a little plainer than I expected for a four diamond facility and the hallways were extremely hot. I know they probably save money by not calling these areas but sheesh! The valet guys were extra friendly and helpful. The pool area was very nice, and our boys loved the outdoor movie and popcorn event. Close to everything we wanted to do and we got a great price. Place has a boutique feel, and feels like there is likely an interesting history.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Overall great experience. Would recommend and stay again. Received a free upgrade to a room with a private balcony. I loved the room location and the view of the Riverwalk. It was located on the third floor. Once the doors to the balcony was closed, the noise from the outside could not be heard.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
I'm just going to go chronologically here, because I don't know how else to convey my experience.
I checked in online on Thursday, the day before my arrival, and understood that by doing so, I would be able to just pick up my key rather than checking in through the front desk. When I arrived on Friday around 4:00 p.m. I parked in the garage across the street and walked in through the valet area. The people at the valet desk greeted me courteously, and I explained that I checked in online and just needed to get my key. They directed me to the front desk in the lobby. The lobby was FULL of people and suitcases and noise, and there appeared to be 3 or 4 people working at the front desk, each with about 4 people in line waiting to check in. I thought that couldn't be right. I spotted the concierge, and asked him where I might get my key. He directed me to the valet area. "I just came from there. They told me to come in here." He apologized, got my name, went outside, and returned with my key. He helped me with my suitcase and made pleasant conversation as he walked me to the elevator. I was happy.

I arrived at the first room, it seemed fine at first (foreshadowing!). I was beginning to unpack when I went into the bathroom and saw that there was a chip out of the side of the bathtub. I started to just let it go, but it was my boyfriend's birthday, and I had told him it was a nice hotel, and that just seemed sort of ghetto. So I called the front desk and asked if I could get a different room. After being transferred a couple of times, they apologzied and told me that certainly, they would give me a different room, and someone would be up right away with my new keys and to assist me with my luggage. So I packed stuff up and waited. And waited. And about 30 minutes later, there was a quick knock on the door and an announcement of "Housekeeping!" and the door opened. A young man gasped and apologized for walking in on me. He explained that the room was listed as unoccupied and dirty, and he had come to clean it. I said that perhaps he was in the right place, as someone was supposed to help me change rooms. He said no, indicating the paper he was holding, but he was more than willing to help me move my stuff and open my new room for me, and someone could bring me my keys. He was very pleasant and helpful and chatty.

When I arrived in the second room, it was lovely. I was happy. I thanked the young man, and he said he would send someone up right away with my new keys. It was getting close to 5:00 then, and I had plenty of time before I had to pick up my boyfriend from the airport at 7:20. I wanted to change clothes, but I didn't want to be undressed when the person arrived with my new keys, because you know that's how it always happens, so I busied myself with unpacking. About 45 minutes went by, and still no keys, so I called the front desk. They apologized and said someone would be up with the keys right away. So I waited. And waited. I waited about another 45 minutes, so then it was about 6:30 and I hadn't changed clothes yet, and I was wondering if I was going to get keys before I had to leave for the airport. So I called the front desk again, and they apologized and said they would send someone up right away, and they did. And I was happy.

The next morning, my boyfriend and I were having our coffee on the balcony, and it was delightful, and I was happy... until I glanced up and saw the giant wasp next over our heads. We dashed back inside and closed the door, and I called the front desk. They apologized and said they would send someone from engineering up right away to take care of the wasps. We showered and dressed and left for the day, figuring they could let themselves in and we didn't need to be there for them to deal with the wasps. We returned around 2:00 in the afternoon, and something seemed amiss... when I clarified with my boyfriend that he is indeed not a huge One Direction fan, and that the One Direction pillow and beach bag were not his, we realized that someone else's luggage was in our room. All of our stuff was still there, but there were lots of extra suitcases. So we called the front desk. They apologized and said they would send someone up right away to retrieve the suitcases. They did. The man who came to get the suitcases was very nice and apologetic. Shortly thereafter, we received a phone call apologizing for the mixup, and they offered us a complementary bottle of champagne for the inconvenience. We said that would be nice, and they asked when we would like it to be delivered. We said 7:30. We also reminded them that there were still wasps on the balcony, and they said they would send someone up from loss prevention (?) right away. We planned a quiet evening in: we were going to get pizza from across the way, watch the new 300 movie which was on pay-per-view, and relax. The champagne would be a nice touch. We were happy. We timed our pizza so that we could be back in time to meet the champagne. We returned with our pizza and we waited. Around 8:00, we called the front desk to ask about the champagne, and they said they would send someone up with it right away. We reminded them about the wasps, and they said someone from engineering would be up right away. The champagne came (with chocolate!), and a man from engineering came. And what I feared would happen, happened. When he disturbed the wasps, they came into the room. And chaos ensued. He was hitting the lamps and the drapes with a broom, and my boyfriend had his shoe off, swatting at wasps, while I huddled near the door. The guy from engineering got stung on his head, so he radioed to someone and told them it wasn't safe for us to be in the room. So they said they would send someone up right away to help us change rooms. Then the paramedic came to check out the poor guy, and they sent him to the ER. Amos, the manager, came up to help us move. He was very nice and very aplogetic. He even offered to comp a night and give us brunch the next day.

We arrived at the third room, which wasn't as nice, but it didn't have wasps, so I was happy. We settled into our robes and popped the cork on the champagne and got ready to watch the movie... and there was an error. It said we needed to contact the front desk. We did. They figured the credit card information hadn't transfered, but it had. So they were sending someone from engineering up right away (obviously not the one they had just sent to the ER). Engineering came and briefly looked at it, and declared it was a front desk issue and not an engineering issue. I offered to let him use the room phone to call the front desk to discuss it with them, but he declined, saying he would prefer to talk to them in person. A few minutes later, I received a call from the front desk, saying they thought they had it fixed and to try it again. Still an error. So they were sending engineering back up right away. At this point, my boyfriend said he couldn't be in a robe with all these people coming in and out of the room, so he went to put clothes on (this still makes me laugh as I type). The same guy came back up, looked at it, and decided he couldn't fix it. He was going back to the front desk. They called me again, and said they were doing a manager override and it should work. And it did. But then I realized that we never got keys to the third room, so I had to call them AGAIN. The same poor guy came up again and brought the keys. And then it was quiet, and I was happy.

So, while it was by far the wildest hotel experience I have ever had and several things clearly went wrong, I have to hand it to them that every single person I encounted was extremely pleasant, so I really can't complain. It seems like they have some communication issues, but the wasps weren't their fault, and they did really try to make it up to us. Honestly, while I wouldn't want to go through all that again, I feel like it was just a Murphy's law extravaganza, and not a typical experience. I would stay there again. And it made for an entertaining story. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TXsandals

Dear TXsandals:
All I can say is that we sincerely apologize for what is a truly uncharacteristic La Mansion experience. We are really so much better at creating pleasantly memorable experiences than what you describe, and I assure you we will improve on our follow through and communication. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to La Mansion so that we may regain your confidence.
John Wallace

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Carlos made our time there amazing. We had a few incidences that came up in the beginning; however, he quickly solved them and made the rest of our stay there great. Would stay again; great follow up and service.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family