“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, United States
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We spent one night and everyone was very helpful and attentive. They were very accomodating when we needed extra items. I was mostly impressed with the valet workers and the guys that brought our luggage to our room. They were very kind, thoughtful and helpful. It was late at night, they were really busy and still had a smile on their face and were extremely courteous!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night during our recent American road trip. The hotel is situated right in the centre of San Antonio. The valet parking is quite pricy but there is a car park directly opposite the hotel which costs $9 for 24 hours. The hotel pool is a saltwater pool which does make it look a little dirty. I wasn't too keen to go for a dip. The rooms were lovely and the big bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The river walk is straight out of the back door of the hotel and is well located for some nice bars and restaurants. I'd definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for somewhere to stay on the river walk.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Omni La Mansion of San Antonio was an absolutely perfect stay for me and my family. I chose this hotel mainly because of other reviewers and the fact that they had a good package deal for our family. We have two younger children and they are a very kid friendly hotel. They had a "Kidcation" package and it included little backpacks upon arrival with a coloring book, colors, a fun drinking straw and a memory card game. That evening they had smores and a movie and turn down service for them included a cookie and brownie and milk. The second evening they had popcorn and a movie as well. It was a very good combination for my husband and myself to have a good time as well as my kids. We stayed in a courtyard room by the pool and the pool closes at 10 pm which is perfect to still be able to get a good quiet night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and they have a ton of options. The hotel is clean and the staff is super friendly and courteous!! This is a must stay place if you are venturing to San Antonio!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great location, friendly staff, high quality room; lots to do within walking distance. We did not use our vehicle the whole weekend. Our pkg had a balcony overlooking the river and all it's activities. The breakfast buffets were incredible and the guitarist the entertained in the evening is very talented.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very good service, very friendly and helpful staff. The room was spotless as expected and quiet. Check in was completed in less than five minutes, Valet service was prompt on arrival and departure. Breakfast, and the wait service was excellent, good selection on the buffet
The only negative was trying to book transportation. The concierge directed us to the valet who in turn directed us back to concierge. We wound up booking a taxi ourselves which was the right move as other patrons were having trouble arranging taxi service, in fact we shared our taxi with other guests heading to the AT&T Center (that is a $20 trip with a good tip.)
Our package included valet, breakfast, wifi, and in-room amenities, which was much easier to deal with instead of an ala-cart approach.

San Antonio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked online where information about what I was purchasing was incorrect. At the hotel, the staff was uninterested in correcting the issues, and made me feel very unwelcome when I explained my concerns.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Knoxville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The Omni La Mansion was the perfect choice for a family getaway in San Antonio. While I travel extensively for business, I tend to set the bar higher for family trips and lodging expectations. On this trip I did extra due diligence and selected the Omni La Mansion. While I was slightly concerned with some reviews regarding this property, I found all negative comments regarding climate control, service, valet and noise to be non existent. While the valet entrance is limited in size, the valets quickly moved vehicles to accommodate a larger SUV on arrival. They were quick, courteous and offered all expected assistance. Having reserved multiple rooms, it was discovered on check in one room was wrong. The desk staff immediately reassigned a new room with river view and we were done with the check in process in under 5 minutes. I recommend asking specific directions to the proper elevator to upper level rooms as there was some initial confusion. This is a historic building which has been preserved well and is kept very clean. The rooms were all welcomingly cool and comfortable. The room layout was very functional and the patios nice to watch over the river activity. The beds were very comfortable with additional pillows and a throw blanket. Bathrooms were spotless, water pressure adequate and amenities more than ample in supply. The La Mansion is perfectly located along the River Walk for dining, sight seeing, walking and shopping. While I am an upper tier reward member of a competing hotel that is nearby, I can say without a doubt I will always stay at the Omni when visiting San Antonio. My only suggestion for improvement is to add safes in the rooms. Ours may have been a one off and while we could have used the shelf in the mini bar that could have been locked with a key, there is more security in offering customers an in room safe.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family