“A lovely place”

Omni La Mansion del Rio
Ranked #21 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recommend this place to others. It is elegant with a Spanish flavor such as rod iron furnishings. I am always delighted to stay here. This time I had a balcony overlooking the riverwalk which was especially nice. I have attended a wedding here which I thought was fantastic. A great place for a romantic rendezview. I have stayed at other high rated historic hotels in San Antonio and prefer La Mansion. In fact, I am a bit of a hotel snob.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Omni La Mansion del Rio

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The concierge, Michael was absolutely a critical key part in making our weekend. I was proposing to my girlfriend and he assisted me with flowers, setting up a photographer to capture our moment and making our sure dinner was perfect. The table was set perfectly, private and yet next to the river walk for perfect views. A big thank you to the chef for making a beautiful meal just for us. I simply cannot say thank you to Michael enough to him for all his help. La Mansión Del Rio Omni was a perfect hotel with a perfect setting for a perfect weekend.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel is right near River Walk. The location is excellent, and it is a short walk to the Alamo. Rooms are very nice and the staff is very polite. Excellent restaurants are all around! I can easily recommend to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had a problem with our door lock and it took some time to get it fixed. The pillows on the bed are too foamy - we probably should have asked for feather pillows. The folks were very nice. The ftness center in their sister property was available to us and was among the best we have used at a hotel.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotels location was absolutely perfect, just walk off the steps on into the heart of Riverwalk. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Our only issues was on Friday & Saturday night it became very noisy and the room could have been cleaned and maintained a little better (random food wrappers that didn't belong to us and burnt out light bulbs), something that random inspections could definitely fix. Overall beautiful hotel, great value, and wonderful location. We used the parking garage across the street and spent at most $45 for 5 days and we left each day compared to the $38 daily valet fee. Would definitely stay here again if we come back to San Antonio.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is awesome. As we walked to our room we were surprised about how nice everything was. The only complaints I have are the really bad valet parking situation, the tiny and overcrowded pool, and the heat of the hallways and elevators. The rooms were a little dated but upscale.

1  Thank thompsons536
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The location to the riverwalk and all that the area offers is superb. The rooms are large and clean. . .a bit dark for my taste but has that old spanish vibe to it. My bed was very comfortable. As I mentioned I was there to work an event that weekend. The entrance to the room I had were French doors off of a balcony hallway, so I had to keep the drapes drawn all the time for privacy. That eliminated any sunlight coming through. so stay away from rooms 547, if you want any view or sun light. If I was there with my husband for vacation I would have most likely asked for another room with some sort of view or balcony. Since I was there for business, I didn't mind that I was not facing the riverwalk, or pool which I imagine could be pretty noisy.

The staff was nice and I enjoyed my stay. The sunday buffet was delish.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a view. The room I stayed in had none. As in only door/window lo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business